PDA

View Full Version : LeMans is nearing -- get the list of 55 entries

Pages : 1 [2]

Methanolandbrats
06-15-08, 09:26 AM
the usual solid job by Audi, and Peugeot made some very odd decisions and had some dodgy pit work at the end

if it had been hot like it usually is, would the Peugeot have made it ?The Pugs were getting kinda hot running the pace they were in the dry, I think they would have puked before the clock turned 24 hours.

RusH
06-15-08, 09:33 AM
Good finish, interesting to the end this time.

Now back to your regularly scheduled Hee Haw.:gomer:

Methanolandbrats
06-15-08, 09:53 AM
Good finish, interesting to the end this time.

Now back to your regularly scheduled Hee Haw.:gomer: What a horrible shock when they cut from LeMan to those hillbillies yucking it :saywhat: :shudder:

Andrew Longman
06-15-08, 10:33 AM
The Pugs were getting kinda hot running the pace they were in the dry, I think they would have puked before the clock turned 24 hours.

They said they were running smaller radiators to find speed, not the larger endurance radiators. I find that another odd decision on their part.

But that's what makes it interesting.

Minnassian was amazing in the wet on slicks.

cameraman
06-15-08, 01:09 PM
They said they were running smaller radiators to find speed, not the larger endurance radiators. I find that another odd decision on their part.
That would explain the need to pull the Pugs into the garage to blow out the radiators. That would have been much worse on a dry track. They ran faster on the track but gave all the time back in the pits.

miatanut
06-15-08, 04:39 PM
Minnassian was amazing in the wet on slicks.

I kept expecting they would cut to the shot of him off the road with a car which was done for the day. Pretty impressive.

Methanolandbrats
06-15-08, 07:42 PM
I kept expecting they would cut to the shot of him off the road with a car which was done for the day. Pretty impressive.
I thought he was going to stuff it on live TV too. Amazing drive.:thumbup:

extramundane
06-15-08, 08:46 PM
I thought he was going to stuff it on live TV too. Amazing drive.:thumbup:

Nic's got the skills. He got a raw deal from Ganassi, IMO, and worked miracles at Creation. It's nice to see him finally back in a top ride.

Jag_Warrior
06-15-08, 09:20 PM
With every birfday, it gets harder & harder to do this, even once a year.

This was a good one though. I didn't think the Audis had a chance.

oddlycalm
06-16-08, 04:18 AM
Outstanding race. The wet-drying-wet again weather with the different tire strategies made for a great finish and we were treated to some great driving. :thumbup:

oc

emjaya
06-16-08, 08:58 AM
Congratulations also to David Brabham, Antonio Garcia, Darren Turner and Aston Martin Racing. Second year in a row, victory in GT1. :thumbup:

Interesting to note, First and second, overall and in GT1, were on the same lap at the finish.

emjaya
06-16-08, 05:31 PM
http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/06/13/sports/srf1.1-282919.php

Ross Brawn, Ron Dennis and others in F1 have their say on Le Mans. :\

cameraman
06-16-08, 05:42 PM
Ross Brawn, Ron Dennis and others in F1 have their say on Le Mans.

Okay now this is an outright lie.

"There's no race," Ron Dennis said. "They all suddenly realize that survival is the important thing. It is counter to the spirit of Formula One; you very rarely slow down in Formula One." What a crock of ****. What do they do just about every race but gain a lead via pit strategy and pushing hard then back off and bring it home. It is extremely common and the drivers admit to it at the press conferences after the damn race.

miatanut
06-17-08, 01:38 AM
http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/06/13/sports/srf1.1-282919.php

Ross Brawn, Ron Dennis and others in F1 have their say on Le Mans. :\
Series where they are all carbon-copies of each other is racing, and a series where you have the glorious sound of I-4's, V-8's, & V-12's (any V6's or V10's? don't recall off the top of my head), DIESELS, turbos, atmos, racing against each other, occasionally touching 220 MPH, running in the dark, in the rain, for 24 hours straight, isn't racing. (where's the floating bunny when I need one?).

Ron, your cars have been gorgeous the last couple years, but if I had to choose between Monaco and Le Mans, I'm going with Le Mans.

Accipiter
06-17-08, 10:02 AM
It's always good to see when someone you despise lives down to your expectations. Thanks, Ron Dennis. :rolleyes:

pchall
06-17-08, 12:21 PM
The F1 cheeses know that Ecclestone and Mosely have messed up formula car racing as a sport in GP1 and GP2. The best defense in this case is a good offense.

Okay now this is an outright lie.

What a crock of ****. What do they do just about every race but gain a lead via pit strategy and pushing hard then back off and bring it home. It is extremely common and the drivers admit to it at the press conferences after the damn race.

Methanolandbrats
06-17-08, 12:26 PM
Ron is such a tool. F1 cars are pushed so they will last two hours. Endurance cars are pushed so they will last 24 hours. It's a matter of scale. By any definition this years Le Mans was an incredible, classic motor race.