PDA

View Full Version : Apathy Amped, chirp chirp chirp

Pages : [1] 2

SurfaceUnits
05-30-08, 10:53 PM
When's the last time you can recall this level of excitement for open wheel racin? :rofl:

Sean Malone
05-30-08, 11:05 PM
When's the last time you can recall this level of excitement for open wheel racin? :rofl:

SurfaceUnits
05-30-08, 11:30 PM
one would think they would have figured something out in the intervening years. no one wouldn't; not with the :tony:

RusH
05-30-08, 11:40 PM
:saywhat:

This year is over, and over more than usual.....really.

for me

:cry::gomer:

I`m off to the 'less then racing' section of OC :D

I`m really not watching the stars and cars of the 500 in Miller brewing town....this week.
Danica is not my racing series.

miatanut
05-31-08, 01:05 AM

I can't, and that's going back to '70.

Andrew Longman
05-31-08, 07:11 AM
Seriously. Now that split is over, what is there to talk about? Everything else left years ago

Insomniac
05-31-08, 08:31 AM
I don't think my excitement for the IRL has changed (outside of CART invasion Indy 500s) at all. I was never excited about the IRL.

Chaos
05-31-08, 08:45 AM
I don't think my excitement for the IRL has changed (outside of CART invasion Indy 500s) at all. I was never excited about the IRL.

+1

SurfaceUnits
05-31-08, 09:36 AM
American Open Wheel Racing has been offered the Thursday night slot at PIR, which proceeds the Friday night truck race, which proceeds the Saturday busch league race, before the Sunday main attraction. :shakehead the 1996 crowd thinks it's grate because they've been capturing nascar fans for 12 years.

opinionated ow
05-31-08, 10:51 AM
American Open Wheel Racing has been offered the Thursday night slot at PIR, which proceeds the Friday night truck race, which proceeds the Saturday busch league race, before the Sunday main attraction. :shakehead the 1996 crowd thinks it's grate because they've been capturing nascar fans for 12 years.

ummm...thats the night of the Copper World Classic for Midgets and Silver Crown

SurfaceUnits
05-31-08, 11:37 AM
ummm...thats the night of the Copper World Classic for Midgets and Silver Crowndidn't say anything about OW being the headliner. they might get some action with Hooters USAR as well.

extramundane
05-31-08, 11:38 AM
ummm...thats the night of the Copper World Classic for Midgets and Silver Crown

The IRL muscled its way in on it once before, y'know.

SurfaceUnits
05-31-08, 11:52 AM
I'm all for going back to Phoenix, but running as a support race for the NCTS, NNS and NSC would just cement the misconception many people have these days that ICS is just another NASCAR feeder series.
the only misconception is....well there is no misconception now is there :rofl:MAO

cameraman
06-01-08, 02:11 AM

What race?

pchall
06-01-08, 09:44 AM
The season has always been over after Indy for whatever series is dominated (or run) by the management of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Races before Indy only count as warms up for May and everything after is grudgingly run to keep the peasants from starving to death or rebelling before the next 500. :tony:

:saywhat:

This year is over, and over more than usual.....really.

for me

:cry:

I`m off to the 'less then racing' section of OC :D

I`m really not watching the stars and cars of the 500 in Miller brewing town....this week.
Danica is not my racing series.

SurfaceUnits
06-01-08, 10:21 AM
The season has always been over after Indy for whatever series is dominated (or run) by the management of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Races before Indy only count as warms up for May and everything after is grudgingly run to keep the peasants from starving to death or rebelling before the next 500. :tony:
don't try telling that to the 1996ers that packed the Mile on Saturday:

http://indybooks.net/images/ml.jpg

Spicoli
06-01-08, 05:57 PM
holy ****.

nice jump there Vitor. :rofl:

pchall
06-01-08, 05:58 PM
He was riding Marco like he'd paid for him.

holy ****.

Tim
06-01-08, 06:06 PM
I hate to say it but the Mile hasn't been that full since 2002.

dando
06-01-08, 07:02 PM
I hate to say it but the Mile hasn't been that full since 2002.

I peeked in for a bit, and it looked pretty darn full.

-Kevin

Don Quixote
06-01-08, 07:13 PM
What place did danicles "win", and whose fault was it that she finished there?

Wally
06-01-08, 10:10 PM
What place did danicles "win", and whose fault was it that she finished there?

:rofl:..........:laugh:...... Can I buy that one from you?

RHR_Fan
06-01-08, 10:35 PM
I went on Saturday (I know, :gomer:) and the stands were **** in the morning and okay during qualifying. Loud cheers for Marco when he took pole; I was standing with the N/H/L guys so needless to say there wasn't cheering on down there.

Morning practice:
http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v290/216/37/211700057/n211700057_31416224_8044.jpg

Qualifying (I know Wheldon is in the photo, but it's the best crowd shot):
http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v290/216/37/211700057/n211700057_31416243_4851.jpg

Sean Malone
06-01-08, 11:23 PM
So did your guy win surfaceunit?:gomer:

Brickman
06-02-08, 12:04 AM
Better than average race, better than average crowd. I must say... kinda surprising.

Now if the could do this week in and week out, we could get the train back on the tracks.

Need Graham to get a handle on the ovals.
http://www.indycar.com/multimedia/build_photo.php?photo_id=71499&size=med&time=2.3604925871639626

Indy
06-02-08, 10:11 AM
These cars are best on the supers and the short, flat tracks. The NASCRAP tracks need to be dropped ASAP.

I must admit that was a pretty good race. Better than anything at Milwaukee since CART '97.

:gomer:

Indy
06-02-08, 10:13 AM
Need Graham to get a handle on the ovals.

He's 19 and wicked fast. He'll do just fine.

TKGAngel
06-02-08, 12:42 PM
Seriously. Now that split is over, what is there to talk about?

We could talk about the fact that TG almost was set on fire last week at Indy. When IV pulled away with the fuel hose still attached to the car, TG got sprayed with the fuel that went flying. If IV would've been closer to TG, we would've had a TG-cue. (Would've given new meaning to weenie roast, that's for sure.)

While it looked like there will still empty seats in the stands for the race, at least the IRL hasn't gone the NASCAR route of covering empty blocks of seats with giant ads. I spotted at least three of those during the NASCAR race.

Chaos
06-02-08, 01:25 PM
Seriously. Now that split is over, what is there to talk about? Everything else left years ago

The split is alive and well. Maybe not at the track, but certainly in the fan base.

I think it's easy to say 'get over it' and 'move on' but when emotion is involved, it's not that simple.

I suppose it's better than apathy though, which in my opinion falls at the feet of TG primarily.

Brickman
06-02-08, 01:41 PM
He's 19 and wicked fast. He'll do just fine.

Oh I believe in the long run he will be fine, but three ovals and two driving in the marbles mistakes, and not sure what he did at homestead thathelped him find the wall...

SurfaceUnits
06-02-08, 01:44 PM
Emotional Rossi savours seventh straight Mugello triumph, he sure did

http://pix.crash.net/thumbs/447172.jpg

Corner5
06-02-08, 03:52 PM
holy ****.

Here's the video-

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qidwYeeE4EQ

28k attendance.

It's a shame, I like the Mile.

Andrew Longman
06-02-08, 04:01 PM
28k attendance.

It's a shame, I like the Mile.

How much does it hold? My impression is not much more than that.

Agreed, this is a great track for these cars (well, any formula type car)

I listened to the last half on XM driving home yesterday and it sounded as if it was entertaining. Cars changed a lot through the stint which always is interesting.

Andrew Longman
06-02-08, 04:17 PM
We could talk about the fact that TG almost was set on fire last week at Indy. When IV pulled away with the fuel hose still attached to the car, TG got sprayed with the fuel that went flying.

Is that why they barely mentioned the incident or what had happened. Only because I've seen it before did I know that he pulled the rig down. :shakehead

What kind of story would that have been? TG finally wins control of the sport and receives third degree burns at the next I500. Regardless of you POV, there would be irony in that.

Michaelhatesfans
06-02-08, 04:23 PM
I must admit that was a pretty good race. Better than anything at Milwaukee since CART '97.

That's not saying much, as that was around the time that someone decided that speedway wings on a short oval would be a good idea.:shakehead

Indy
06-03-08, 12:05 AM
That's not saying much, as that was around the time that someone decided that speedway wings on a short oval would be a good idea.:shakehead

I believe that was 1998. Ruined it for good.

patski
06-03-08, 08:52 AM
How much does it hold? My impression is not much more than that.

Agreed, this is a great track for these cars (well, any formula type car)

I listened to the last half on XM driving home yesterday and it sounded as if it was entertaining. Cars changed a lot through the stint which always is interesting.

I believe record attendance was 46,000.

Chaos
06-03-08, 09:03 AM

that helmet makes me laugh every time I see it :D

SurfaceUnits
06-03-08, 01:01 PM
the IRl has outgrown the Milwaukee Mile., so say some insiders

G.
06-03-08, 01:41 PM
I, myself, have outgrown the earl.

When it grows all up, I may say "hey" to it. :\

Andrew Longman
06-03-08, 02:09 PM

And so where will this grown up, unified IRL be racing?

SurfaceUnits
06-03-08, 03:16 PM
Fred heard about a corn field in Nebraska that hasn't been tapped

dando
06-03-08, 04:21 PM
And so where will this grown up, unified IRL be racing?

I think there's a track being built in South Korea or a street circuit in Japan that are being considered. :gomer:

-Kevin

coolhand
06-03-08, 04:37 PM
What is the status of Ansan? Can anyone find it on google earth? :confused:

dando
06-03-08, 05:33 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ansan

-Kevin

opinionated ow
06-03-08, 06:05 PM
I think there's a track being built in South Korea or a street circuit in Japan that are being considered. :gomer:

-Kevin

Don't forget airports in Beijing

Ankf00
06-03-08, 06:07 PM

clinic.

all kinds of awesome.

:D

SurfaceUnits
06-03-08, 06:07 PM
It will be a street circuit to keep the paffateers onboard :laugh:

well, on the burner was Palm Springs, Gulf coast, island in the carib; any others

cameraman
06-03-08, 06:18 PM

Just go to Google Maps and search Korea, once you are looking at a map of Korea search Ansan Circuit.

It is still there, no buildings just a track. It is the strangest damn thing, a road course with 90° corners on the outside of the turns. It is like the people who built it had never seen a track before.

dando
06-03-08, 06:46 PM
Just go to Google Maps and search Korea, once you are looking at a map of Korea search Ansan Circuit.

It is still there, no buildings just a track. It is the strangest damn thing, a road course with 90° corners on the outside of the turns. It is like the people who built it had never seen a track before.

Here. (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=korea&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&sa=N&tab=wl&oi=property_suggestions&resnum=0&ct=property-revision&cd=3)

-Kevin

coolhand
06-03-08, 06:57 PM
I found it, I did not know Ansan was that small. Where will all the "Fans" come from?

Michaelhatesfans
06-03-08, 06:59 PM

Holy crap, they auctioned that off as well?

SurfaceUnits
06-03-08, 08:44 PM
One of my more reliable sources confirmed what was obvious concerning Danica Patrick's victory last April in Motegi, Japan, when she became the first woman to win an IndyCar race.

Helio Castroneves, who finished second, allowed Patrick to pass him late in the race for the triumph. It was reportedly under team orders.

Castroneves has been leading the Indy Racing League point standings, but there wasn't much difference, point-wise, between first and second. It was a short field and it was in Japan, out of viewing and listening range for most U.S. open-wheel racing fans.

sunday's 28k attendance was 33% higher than last year's reported 31k attendance

Spicoli
06-03-08, 09:06 PM
sunday's 28k attendance was 33% higher than last year's reported 31k attendance

Gomertopia math? Or does the exchange rate suck that bad now. :gomer:

SurfaceUnits
06-03-08, 09:20 PM
10k that were there last year wrote in and told them to remove them from the '07 attendance figgers so the '08 figgers would me more empressive

Racing Truth
06-04-08, 01:54 PM

No, SU just put 31k instead of the CORRECT figure for last year's race, 21k.

Racing Truth
06-04-08, 01:59 PM
BTW: Whatever one believes about Motegi, that "article" by Woolford is trash jouralism, period. "Sources that are almost always reliable."

I mean, WTF?

SurfaceUnits
06-04-08, 03:12 PM
No, SU just put 31k instead of the CORRECT figure for last year's race, 21k.
why did it take your hiros a year to come up with the CORRECT figure?

pchall
06-04-08, 03:39 PM
The WI cheese to US$ exchange rate sucks.

SurfaceUnits
06-04-08, 03:47 PM
RT you need to change your forum name for your new allegiance - Racing Lies might do

"ticket distribution of 31,838" and puts "31,838 people turned out for the race"

But it appears they were closer to 40,000 in '07 so I was wrong.

"Stoehr says ticket sales are "quite a bit higher" than the Champ Car event last year (2006) and 10-20% greater than the IndyCar Series' event in 2006, when just over 30,000 attended. He said if the pace holds, the track, which seats about 40,000, could reach capacity."

earl needs to get all their liars on the same page

Racing Truth
06-04-08, 03:48 PM
why did it take your hiros a year to come up with the CORRECT figure?

I knew it on Sun. evening. You're telling me you MEMORIZED (incorrectly) the attendance for LAST YR's Milwaukee race?

Says farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr more about you than anyone else.

Edit: SurfaceUnits- Interweb Loser Amplified. And yes, that will likely get me banned. So be it.

Final edit: Your quote was based on the track's PR on advanced sales. Apples to blowfish.

SurfaceUnits
06-04-08, 04:14 PM
awww, just pick a number and go with it: IRL media guide

Racing Truth
06-04-08, 04:30 PM
awww, just pick a number and go with it: IRL media guide

So, a track might have exaggerated an attendance #? In this sport? SHOCKING!:tony:

Apparently, the reportage of journos who were there saying there was a bump in attendance isn't good enough.

My bigger problem with you is threads like this. You have no interest in the "current" (merged, amalgamated, whatever) IRL. As I said months ago, I totally understand and respect that. H=ll, if I were a generation older, I might have walked too.

But you cannot say you have ZERO interest in it, only to harp and b@tch about it EVERY POST. Dude, move on. It is NOT your job to singlehandedly try to finish off something you have no interest.

NEWSFLASH: CC is dead, never to return. Three choices:

1. Walk away for good.

2. Give the mergification a shot.

3. Go to SmackForum.

Now, I'm not saying I'm not down with criticism. There's a lot to criticize, even mock occasionally.

But you look for the slightest thing, out of context half the time, and post it regarding the IRL. Get a life already.

cameraman
06-04-08, 04:48 PM
Sez the man writing war & peace:rolleyes:

SurfaceUnits
06-04-08, 04:48 PM
your posting rights at tf would have been suspended last year if you had claimed there was only 21,000 at the Mile

Corner5
06-04-08, 04:49 PM
BTW: Whatever one believes about Motegi, that "article" by Woolford is trash jouralism, period. "Sources that are almost always reliable."

I mean, WTF?

Helio and Danica were on the same fuel strategy and topped off at the same pitstop.

Penske has Illmor engine leases for all the teams and Belle Isle race and investments(condos).

Just sayin' :D

SurfaceUnits
06-04-08, 05:22 PM
since you are promoting the league as a legitimate racing entity, would Helio have pulled over if it had been Dixon running P2? just asking.

pchall
06-04-08, 06:48 PM

1. Walk away for good.

3. Go to SmackForum.

4. Ignore self-professed Race Writers without the passion to understand a champ car fan

SurfaceUnits
06-04-08, 06:48 PM
If you didn't care what happened to me,
And I didn't care for you,
We would zig zag our way through the boredom and pain
Occasionally glancing up through the rain.
Wondering which of the buggars to blame
And watching for pigs on the wing.

Racing Truth
06-04-08, 07:24 PM
Sez the man writing war & peace:rolleyes:

:oGuilty as charged. I do that too often, I admit. In this case, it had been bothering me for a little while. Pent-up frustration I guess.

Racing Truth
06-04-08, 07:27 PM
since you are promoting the league as a legitimate racing entity, would Helio have pulled over if it had been Dixon running P2? just asking.

One, I'm not "promoting" the league, ala Super D. Two, clarification, I'm open to the possibility that it was totally stage-managed. Just don't base anything on that junk article you posted.

To the question, I dunno. If he truly was low on fuel, then absolutely.

Insomniac
06-04-08, 11:44 PM
Helio and Danica were on the same fuel strategy and topped off at the same pitstop.

Penske has Illmor engine leases for all the teams and Belle Isle race and investments(condos).

Just sayin' :D

I thought they said they let her by anyway. Saying they thought she was a lap down. I found that funny at the time. Penske isn't FCR, they are on top of things.

miatanut
06-05-08, 12:50 AM

1. Walk away for good.

3. Go to SmackForum.

Saw #1. Looked like a pretty good choice. Saw #2. Non-starter for me. Saw #3. Easy decision! :thumbup:

Spicoli
06-05-08, 01:24 AM
I loveryone.

nrc
06-05-08, 01:24 AM
S

1. Walk away for good.

3. Go to SmackForum.

Champ car lives. It's an ideal we'll always wish for and measure against.

And we would appreciate it if you would not tell people that they should leave our forum.

Sean O'Gorman
06-05-08, 08:47 AM
Unless its Ank you're addressing.

Sean Malone
06-05-08, 10:49 AM
Champ car lives. It's an ideal we'll always wish for and measure against.

That's an excellent point boss. The benchmark has been set and the current 'league' falls short.

Corner5
06-06-08, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by Corner5

I thought they said they let her by anyway. Saying they thought she was a lap down. I found that funny at the time. Penske isn't FCR, they are on top of things.

Yes ,Helio was told to let her pass, he said he thought she was a lap down, not the team. They knew. After, he said it wasn't a big deal because he still got enough points to stay ahead in the championship. It was a win-win strategy.

Until someone can tell us why Helio had less fuel than Danica when they topped off at the same time, until someone can tell us why Helio would not race to the end and how much fuel was left in his tank, this will always be a setup.

Danica has proven time and again she is an average racer, no phenom.

Anybody who thinks Penske doesn't have as much at stake as Tony in a successful Irl is fooling themselves.

Andrew Longman
06-06-08, 12:12 PM
I can't successfully dispute Penske's motives you describe.

But, IIRC, Danica was told to save fuel from the begging of the stint. Helio was not making as good mileage sprinting at the front and was told save fuel just at the end. Letting her by was necessary, the story goes, because fighting her off would run him out of gas.

I don't find that any more unbelievable than your theory, but if I did subscribe to the manufactured drama story how much cooler would it have been to have her chasing Helio down only to have him run out of gas in T4 (a la Mad Max at MIS 1999)? Much better story.

Corner5
06-06-08, 12:27 PM
I can't successfully dispute Penske's motives you describe.

But, IIRC, Danica was told to save fuel from the begging of the stint. Helio was not making as good mileage sprinting at the front and was told save fuel just at the end. Letting her by was necessary, the story goes, because fighting her off would run him out of gas.

I don't find that any more unbelievable than your theory, but if I did subscribe to the manufactured drama story how much cooler would it have been to have her chasing Helio down only to have him run out of gas in T4 (a la Mad Max at MIS 1999)? Much better story.

Here's the speeds-

Here's the comparison between Danica's last 10 laps with Helio's last 10 laps.

Danica Patrick - Pages 130-160
Lap - Time - Speed
190 - 28.3877 - 192.760
191 - 28.4029 - 192.656
192 - 28.4753 - 192.167
193 - 28.3490 - 193.023
194 - 28.3738 - 192.854
195 - 28.4584 - 192.281
196 - 28.3950 - 192.710
197 - 28.2732 - 193.540
198 - 28.3911 - 192.736
199 - 28.5087 - 191.941
200 - 28.6975 - 190.679

Helio Castroneves - Pages 105-115
Lap - Time - Speed
190 - 28.4380 - 192.419
191 - 28.4536 - 192.313
192 - 28.6606 - 190.924
193 - 28.8388 - 189.744
194 - 28.8779 - 189.487
195 - 29.5874 - 184.944
196 - 29.8958 - 183.036
197 - 30.1832 - 181.293
198 - 31.0959 - 175.972
199 - 30.9139 - 177.008
200 - 31.1228 - 175.820

how much fuel was left in Helio's tank?

The setup was good for TG, Indy ,Roger, Danica and Helio. What the heck.

stroker
06-06-08, 12:30 PM
I'm puzzled by how consistent Helio's laps were at the end.

Andrew Longman
06-06-08, 01:13 PM
Here's the speeds-

how much fuel was left in Helio's tank?

The setup was good for TG, Indy ,Roger, Danica and Helio. What the heck.

But go back and look at lap times for the entire stint. Right after the stop on 148 Danica is running 189-192. Helio is running 192-194. Both pretty consistent until Penske figures they can't stretch to 52 lap stint.

Not saying it wasn't a set up. And I'm well on the record of not loving much of what they do, but there are other plausible explanations.

Indy
06-06-08, 08:51 PM
It does appear that Helio was trying to make it to the end. Still could be a setup, though.

oddlycalm
06-07-08, 11:40 PM
Whether it was a setup or not is a minor issue. The bigger issue is that there is all credibility has been lost. Even the gomers wonder if it was a sham, which means TG's staunchest supporters understand his moral flexibility.

My question is that when you can't believe in the official results, what is there left?

oc

G.
06-08-08, 12:37 AM
I knew it on Sun. evening. You're telling me you MEMORIZED (incorrectly) the attendance for LAST YR's Milwaukee race?

Says farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr more about you than anyone else.

Edit: SurfaceUnits- Interweb Loser Amplified. And yes, that will likely get me banned. So be it.

Final edit: Your quote was based on the track's PR on advanced sales. Apples to blowfish.So argue!

Use facts and stuff. That'd be fun.

That's allowed, AFAIK.

Otherwise, you could look silly.

I'll wait.

PS (edit) - can I change my "status" to "Interweb Loser Amplified". it most probably fits. Too well, I suspect.

G.
06-08-08, 12:45 AM
Whether it was a setup or not is a minor issue. The bigger issue is that there is all credibility has been lost. Even the gomers wonder if it was a sham, which means TG's staunchest supporters understand his moral flexibility.

My question is that when you can't believe in the official results, what is there left?

ocWWE, baby!! WooT!

(added the "n't" to your post, oc, I assume a typo. Correct me if'n I'm wrongish.)

Andrew Longman
06-08-08, 10:15 AM

oc

Well. apparently you might not even be able to watch the race.

The debacle last night looked like it was produced by the Delaware Valley HS films class. For the Nationwide race, I got nothing but a DTV screen for the last eight laps, then it comes back and somehow Reutemann didn't win. Then 30+ minutes late they finally go to Texas, but they have live audio of 50 laps into the race running with the video of the tape delayed prerace crap hype. After about five minutes they finally get the right audio going.

To plan to start the race at 10 pm EDT is stupidity in the first place. How many people will stay up for that?

But all evidence would say they simply don't care so long as the precious race in May comes off.

Indy
06-08-08, 11:28 AM
Yeah, how about that broadcast?

Made the Spike year seem like professional work.

grungex
06-08-08, 12:52 PM
On the bright side, it put me right to sleep. Woke up for Micro's weekly wreckathon.

SurfaceUnits
06-08-08, 03:17 PM
According to Eddie, that's as good as it gets :laugh:

Insomniac
06-08-08, 03:36 PM
There was a race last night? I was on ESPN.com this morning and didn't see anything about it. I imagine that means Danica didn't win.

DagoFast
06-08-08, 07:08 PM
There was a race last night? I was on ESPN.com this morning and didn't see anything about it. I imagine that means Danica didn't win.

Shame on you. :hater

She's undefeated!

:laugh:

pchall
06-08-08, 07:09 PM
That's what I've been saying for years.

But all evidence would say they simply don't care so long as the precious race in May comes off.

Sean O'Gorman
06-08-08, 07:13 PM

I didn't even know there was a race until I was browsing EngadgetHD and the TV listings for yesterday showed the IndyCar logo.

SurfaceUnits
06-08-08, 07:46 PM
It was a classic, at least that's where you can see it if you want

Insomniac
06-08-08, 07:57 PM
I didn't even know there was a race until I was browsing EngadgetHD and the TV listings for yesterday showed the IndyCar logo.

They weren't promoting them during the NBA Finals. Aside from that, I haven't been watching much TV besides the science/education/news channels.

oddlycalm
06-08-08, 08:48 PM
WWE, baby!! WooT!
(added the "n't" to your post, oc, I assume a typo. Correct me if'n I'm wrongish.)
Thanks for the assist G., it had rather a pivotal effect on the point I was making...:gomer:

I saw the highlights on Speed Report and enjoyed Micro's wreck-of-the-week. That kid is dumb as wood. :laugh:

oc

SurfaceUnits
06-09-08, 03:21 PM
National Spelling Bee gets prime time spot from irl media partner

The Quarterfinals air live on ESPN360.com from 2:00 to 5:30 p.m. EDT on Thursday, May 29.

The Semifinals air live on ESPN from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. EDT on Friday, May 30.

The Championship Finals air live on ABC from 8:00 to 10:00 p.m. EDT on Friday, May 30.

SurfaceUnits
06-11-08, 05:22 PM
An attendance problem
Officials did not announce a crowd figure, but track president Eddie Gossage said attendance for this IndyCar event "has dropped almost 20 percent since 2005."

Racing Truth
06-11-08, 07:06 PM
Yeah, how about that broadcast?

Made the Spike year seem like professional work.

Yeah, I tuned in at, oh, 10:30 or somethin', saw that they totally FUBAR'ed the thing with live audio over tape-delayed intro, and pretty much knew the broadcast was not worth watching.:shakehead

Thanks only to the Nationwide lead-in, it actually got a 1.0 rating, which, sadly, is the highest for a Deuce broadcast.