PDA

View Full Version : Grill hate/love thread

Spicoli
05-28-08, 09:21 PM
OK. I got some anger on my new grill. :irked: Gotta Jenn Air/Maytag/Chinese piece of stainless #720-0336 ultra wide for the low low lowes price of $373.90, list was $749.00 bought it in November, fully assembled, looked like a good deal at the time.

http://pixpipeline.com/s/3dd92cd1186b.jpg (http://pixpipeline.com/d/3dd92cd1186b.jpg)

Thing worked about 3 times so far this spring, and then THUD. nuttin. I researched it, found it is a VERY common problem for this unit to have igniters go bad. So you call www.grillservices.com and argue with some guy named Tom who wants to charge you $16.49 for the igniter replacement that you wait 4 weeks for after you find your stupid lowes receipt, wwhich you had to call and order a copy of a wait 20 days for.......

anyway, is this thing worth fixing, or do i just take it back to lowes and say FU, gimme my cash back?

had i done my research, i never would have bought this. Are all the new big stainless grill POSs?

JLMannin
05-28-08, 09:28 PM
The best grill/smoker made:

http://www.bbqoutfitters.com/images/7887.jpg

Pricey, but well worth the money.

Big Green Egg.

Sean Malone
05-28-08, 10:17 PM
I've never had a grill where the ignitors lasted more than a year.

Don't bother going through Lowes, contact the maker directly. My pops has done it a few times for his grill and they send him the stuff FREE!

Yes, they are POS's. Shiny baubles to lure the suckers, me included.

If it were up to me I'd go back to my charcoal grill with a fire box for smoking but the high maintenance wife hates waiting 15 minutes for the coals. Grrr.

Indy
05-28-08, 11:22 PM
Real hardwood charcoal. Cancer risk. But it's worth it.

$40 at the grocery store, nothing to break, worth every penny.

Ankf00
05-28-08, 11:40 PM
just buy a long stem lighter, forget the igniter.

Gnam
05-29-08, 01:52 AM
just buy a long stem lighter, forget the igniter.
Yes. Or long matches. Available where you buy propane and propane accessories. :thumbup:

rocket
05-29-08, 02:38 AM

Don't bother going through Lowes, contact the maker directly. My pops has done it a few times for his grill and they send him the stuff FREE!

If it were up to me I'd go back to my charcoal grill with a fire box for smoking but the high maintenance wife hates waiting 15 minutes for the coals. Grrr.

Dang I've got an ignitor that I just took out that had been working for 5 years now. It was the same 9 volt bat. too. I have this grill called a Fiesta that came from Menards, it works like the ignitor on a gas range, you turn the grill on and hear this clicking than poof. I actually broke the ignitor, because after 5 years I finally had to replace the flavorizor and the burners.
I'm at the point though where I'll probably be getting a Weber to use from time to time...I like the charcoal better than gas.

chop456
05-29-08, 03:08 AM
the high maintenance wife hates waiting 15 minutes for the coals. Grrr.
She shouldn't be allowed to touch it anyway. :D

I looked at this one yesterday. Some parts seem cheaply made. I guess that's why it's cheap. :gomer:

http://images.lowes.com/product/871980/871980001017.jpg

mapguy
05-29-08, 04:43 AM

I bought a Weber Genesis Silver B back in 2002. Still lights on the first push of the button. It is left outside all year and has never been covered up.

WickerBill
05-29-08, 06:34 AM
To answer your question, get the ignitor fixed, don't haul it back and get your half price returned to you so you can turn around and get another piece of crap that happens to have a new ignitor...

Spicoli
05-29-08, 07:19 AM
To answer your question, get the ignitor fixed, don't haul it back and get your half price returned to you so you can turn around and get another piece of crap that happens to have a new ignitor...

The problem is, I am stuck with 7 weeks, no grill:

So you call www.grillservices.com and argue with some guy named Tom who wants to charge you $16.49 for the igniter replacement that you wait 4 weeks for after you find your stupid lowes receipt, wwhich you had to call and order a copy of a wait 20 days for.......

still?

sadams
05-29-08, 07:37 AM
I bought a Weber Genesis Silver B back in 2002. Still lights on the first push of the button. It is left outside all year and has never been covered up.

Yup Had a Weber go about 6 or more years outside covered with snow in winter and it worked all the time. :thumbup:

emjaya
05-29-08, 09:27 AM
Umm, I have three old concave plough dics. The one on the bottom holds the coals, the second sits above it and is the cooking surface, and the third one turned over the other way is a lid if I want to roast something. It sits on three lengths of galv pipe stuck out the bottom.

My grandfather made it when he worked on the railways. :thumbup:

Wheel-Nut
05-29-08, 09:43 AM
IGNITER?? I think the one on my grill never worked. Use a match and move on.

KLang
05-29-08, 09:52 AM
I've not seen a gas grill that doesn't have a way to light it without the igniter. There should be some holes on the top or side for lighting manually.

Agree with those suggesting Weber. I've had good luck with those also.

If you want to spend a bunch more I really like my DCS.

indyfan31
05-29-08, 10:03 AM
If he's going to charge you for the part, why the hell does he need a receipt?

Anyway, go through the motions, get the receipt.
Eat the $16.49 and get the damn part. Use a match in the meantime.
After all, are you just going to let $379 just sit there and mock you every time you walk by? :irked:

That said, I'd bitch and scream at Lowes just to see what happens. Then write nasty letters to JennAir, Maytag and the Chinese government.

(I'm assuming that any warranty this POS might have had is expired, right?)

tllips
05-29-08, 10:04 AM

http://static.zoovy.com/img/usfreight/W75-H75-Bffffff/7548bgaslight.jpg

Get one of these and your problem is solved.

(I also have a Weber and have only had issues with the igniter when trying to light the grill after a rainstorm.)

Ankf00
05-29-08, 11:41 AM
IGNITER?? I think the one on my grill never worked. Use a match and move on.

no ****, what a drama queen. :gomer:

cameraman
05-29-08, 12:34 PM

Well mine worked just fine having sat outside all winter.:p

http://www.weber.com/bbq/img/OneTouchSilver_large.jpg

Michaelhatesfans
05-29-08, 12:45 PM
Igniters are for pussies.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/26/43963054_5e344f9230_o.jpg

Andrew Longman
05-29-08, 12:55 PM
I have a 10 year old Weber gas grill. Maybe older, I forget.

The first igniter last a year or two. The second, less. I've happily used a match ever since.

Come on Spicoli, man up.

I've thought about buying a new grill since I'm due to replace the burners (for the second time). I eyed a few in Home Depot this Spring but I was shocked at how utterly crap they all were. When stuff is broken, falling off and ill fitting before it's left the store, you know its craptastic.

I'll definitely do a lot of research before I buy.

I'm also in the market for a new smoker. Mine went in the trash a few weeks ago. Just finally rotted. Anyone have suggestions? (blinking turn signal as thread prepares to make left turn :p)

chop456
05-29-08, 01:23 PM
Igniters are for pussies.

So are oven mitts. :D

Wheel-Nut
05-29-08, 01:39 PM
^^^ :laugh: :rofl: Nice smack!!

Wheel-Nut
05-29-08, 01:41 PM
. . . . .
I'm also in the market for a new smoker. Mine went in the trash a few weeks ago. Just finally rotted. Anyone have suggestions? (blinking turn signal as thread prepares to make left turn :p)

See post #2.

dando
05-29-08, 01:46 PM

My Weber is about 10 years old and the ignitor just died last summer. Long lighter @ Wally World: $3. Problem solved. :thumbup: I'm just now getting ready to replace a few bits on it, and it'll last another 10 years. :cool:

Jenn Air is crap, Spickly. I just replaced a ~5 year old cooktop because it took 30+ minutes to boil a pot of water for pasta. :thumdown:

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
05-29-08, 02:17 PM
Jenn Air is crap, Spickly. I just replaced a ~5 year old cooktop because it took 30+ minutes to boil a pot of water for pasta. :thumdown:

-Kevin

Ugh.

When I did my addition we moved the kitchen into the new space to form a big flowing great room/kitchen with a cathedral ceiling and wrap around cooking/seating space. Fantastic as a living space and for entertaining. Think entertaining on the set of Emeril Live. :D

But we didn't want to break up the visual site lines with an overhead exhaust vent. And we were short enough on coin to what to avoid the expense of a separate downdraft vent.

So we put in a JennAir downdraft stovetop because it about the only thing out there and it save us about $1200.

Can't say I'm pleased. Not as bad as your experience but I can tell it won't last and it is short of BTUs, especially on the grilltop side, which I retrofitted to burners.

I cannot recommend Jennair

Elmo T
05-29-08, 02:36 PM

:thumbup::thumbup: Got mine with cast iron grill grates.

A well placed match should do the trick. Remember, propane is heavier than air. You can drop the burning match in first, then turn on the gas.

What you DO NOT want to do is turn gas on with lid closed and stick a match in the little hole on the side. I've seen my fair share of folks without eye brows. :rolleyes:

Classic Apex
05-29-08, 02:52 PM
My baby...

http://www.aussiegrills.com/images/product_elements_07/uluru_5r_lrg.png

Aussie Grills, Uluru Series I think.

Bought it last June or July. Heavy use up until about December. Heavy use again from about April to current. Haven't had any problems with it yet...

KLang
05-29-08, 02:52 PM

I grew tired of tending to the fire of my big smoker and got an electric from Cookshack (//http://www.cookshack.com/residential-barbecue-smokers). Great Que with much less effort. :)

Sean O'Gorman
05-29-08, 03:18 PM
What was your criteria for buying one of these, not enough shiny new things in your house? Too bad Bose doesn't make grills. :rofl:

dando
05-29-08, 03:19 PM
So we put in a JennAir downdraft stovetop because it about the only thing out there and it save us about $1200.

Can't say I'm pleased. Not as bad as your experience but I can tell it won't last and it is short of BTUs, especially on the grilltop side, which I retrofitted to burners.

Bingo. Got one sitting in my garage right now. POS downdraft. Great concept, extremely poor implementation. :thumdown: Downdraft actually sucks the heat away from the cooking area, so it's pretty much useless. Plus the burners are so low power it's absurd. :irked: I only used the grill a few times (I'd rather stand in the rain or snow to grill proper). Ours came with two burner cartridges plus the grill, so need to retrofit it. Replaced it with a 5-burner Kenmore that rawks. :thumbup: $850 on sale (15% off) plus a couple of 10% rebates, and I used gift cards purchased @ the local Kroger to get $.50 off gas discount (add another $50 to the $avings total). :cool:

Oh, and the display on the Jenn Air double wall oven is beginning to dim. Grrrrr..... (out of smilies)

-Kevin

dando
05-29-08, 03:24 PM
:thumbup::thumbup: Got mine with cast iron grill grates.

I had those as well, but I never could get them to stop rusting, so I replaced them with stainless. :( They don't even sell them was replacements now. How are your working out?

-Kevin

Michaelhatesfans
05-29-08, 03:34 PM
So are oven mitts. :D

:D
Agreed - I didn't see that in the photo, I just grabbed it off of flikr!:gomer:

Why that guy isn't wearing sandals, a t-shirt, and holding his kids back with his free hand while he dumps the coals out is beyond me.

Sean Malone
05-29-08, 03:37 PM
:D
Agreed - I didn't see that in the photo, I just grabbed it off of flikr!:gomer:

Why that guy isn't wearing sandals, a t-shirt, and holding his kids back with his free hand while he dumps the coals out is beyond me.

Cuz there's no beer in the other hand. :)

Ankf00
05-29-08, 03:44 PM
spickly needs someone to advise him when blowing his money on toys. taht someone should be me.

SAdair
05-29-08, 03:53 PM
The grill I use is older than I am. It is a Charbroil charcoal grill from the 1970s with 3 heavy duty cast iron grates. My current one is a hand-me-down from my grandmother. She didn't use it after my grandfather died 20 years ago and it has been sitting in her finished basement ever since. I have all the accessories...2 charcoal tower starters, electric rotisserie, smoker baskets, etc.

Here is link to Charbroil's current version… http://www.charbroil.com/Consumer/product_detail_m.aspx?ProductSeriesID=93

Now if I could only find a guy to help me grill….

SteveH
05-29-08, 04:07 PM
I replaced our built in grill on the deck with a similar one by Broilmaster last year. It rocks. Ignites every time (actually is battery operated). Two grates, each can be positioned high or low. Having it connected to the natural gas supply really is convenient. Next to it sits a Weber kettle for slow cooking roasts, extra thick chops and whole birds.

nrc
05-29-08, 05:03 PM

Please purchase several more downdraft cooktops over the next few years and make a recommendation so we'll know what to buy when our stove gives up. Current stove is not a down draft and there is no hood. There is a vent under the stove that the former owner declined to take advantage of.

nrc
05-29-08, 05:09 PM
I replaced our built in grill on the deck with a similar one by Broilmaster last year.

Natural Gas? The ancient built-in that came with th house is on it's last legs. Maybe after we give up on getting someone to fix our fence we can give up on getting someone to replace our grill.

Andrew Longman
05-29-08, 05:47 PM
I had those as well, but I never could get them to stop rusting, so I replaced them with stainless. :( They don't even sell them was replacements now. How are your working out?

-Kevin

I replaced my grates with cast iron a few years back and I love them. Nothing holds heat like them.

If your's are rusting you are cleaning them too well and no using them enough :p

Yout Jennair set was the same as mine. I bought it with the extra burners but I've only swapped in the grill maybe twice. The wife doesn't want it to get dirty.:rolleyes:

dando
05-29-08, 05:48 PM
Please purchase several more downdraft cooktops over the next few years and make a recommendation so we'll know what to buy when our stove gives up. Current stove is not a down draft and there is no hood. There is a vent under the stove that the former owner declined to take advantage of.

I researched high and low for other downdraft models, but found zip other than Jenn Air. :irked: My suggestion would be to have a contractor snake the vent up the wall and connect it to a hood (assuming it's against a wall and not an island). Otherwise, if you want my POS cooktop, it's free to a good home. It just never lived up to my "Next Food TV Star" expectations. ;)

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
05-29-08, 05:54 PM

As dando said, Jennair is it for a built in.

Something along this line is what I'm thinking. And it solves the problem of sucking the heat from the flame.

http://whirlpool.com/catalog/product.jsp?src=HOODS+AND+VENTS&cat=86&prod=40

http://www.cooking.com/products/shprodde.asp?SKU=476538

Gnam
05-29-08, 05:56 PM
Good stuff (http://www.neatorama.com/2006/06/08/top-10-coolest-bbq-grills/)
I especially like the LOX lighter method. :eek: <--no eyebrows!

dando
05-29-08, 05:56 PM
I replaced my grates with cast iron a few years back and I love them. Nothing holds heat like them.

If your's are rusting you are cleaning them too well and no using them enough :p

Yout Jennair set was the same as mine. I bought it with the extra burners but I've only swapped in the grill maybe twice. The wife doesn't want it to get dirty.:rolleyes:

The only cleaning I ever did was the burn off before cooking on them. I generally have the grill going daily from April until November, but only weekly during the nasty months here. :( I suspect they weren't seasoned properly....seasoning the grates is a bit more difficult than the 5 cast iron pots and pans I have. And yes, cast iron is da bomb for cooking, which is why I was disappointed these never worked out.

re: the cooktop, I put foil in the bottom to collect splatters...the manual sez not to do that, which doesn't make much sense as long as yer careful enough to keep the foil away from the flame.

-Kevin

dando
05-29-08, 05:58 PM
As dando said, Jennair is it for a built in.

Something along this line is what I'm thinking. And it solves the problem of sucking the heat from the flame.

http://whirlpool.com/catalog/product.jsp?src=HOODS+AND+VENTS&cat=86&prod=40

http://www.cooking.com/products/shprodde.asp?SKU=476538

I have a bud that has a Viking version of that, but I balked @ the $3K pricetag for the vent and cooktop. :saywhat: Now I may hafta look into that for the new unit. :)

-Kevin for th

Gnam
05-29-08, 06:00 PM
My suggestion would be to have a contractor snake the vent up the wall and connect it to a hood (assuming it's against a wall and not an island).
Just cut a hole in the roof. Skylight optional. :p

cameraman
05-29-08, 06:20 PM
Just cut a hole in the roof. Skylight optional. :p
Somewhere buried in the to-do list is drill a 7" hole through 18" of adobe brick for a kitchen vent (preferably without collapsing anything)

Andrew Longman
05-29-08, 06:29 PM
I suspect they weren't seasoned properly....seasoning the grates is a bit more difficult than the 5 cast iron pots and pans I have.
-Kevin

I think so too.

Get some bad ass serious oven cleaner or straight lye and go at 'em.

But them in the grill or your oven at full high -- 500 degrees (perhaps only if it is self cleaning). Once they are stinking hot brush them with melted Crisco. Let 'em cook 45 minutes and brush some more on. Repeat 45 minute cycles until you think they have a nice glaze.

Cleaning shouldn't ever require anything more than a stiff brush and the occasional putty knife. :D

oddlycalm
05-29-08, 06:59 PM
Maybe after we give up on getting someone to fix our fence we can give up on getting someone to replace our grill. Have you tried Angie's List?

oc

Elmo T
05-29-08, 08:23 PM

Mr. Longman hit the nail on the head - stop cleaning them. I give them a quick scrape to knock off the big debris. That is it. Next time I fire it up, I use an old towel with some Crisco - give it a quick wipe when it is hot. That is it.

They did get buggered up once before - I pondered getting them bead blasted and starting over. I cleaned them well and seasoned them again.

Elmo T
05-29-08, 08:28 PM
The only cleaning I ever did was the burn off before cooking on them.

-Kevin

That is what did mine in the one time. I had a small grill fire (:shakehead) and the "good stuff" was burned off the grates.

Do not burn them clean. Once you are done cooking -knock off the junk and shut if off. Next time you cook - warm it up and hit it with the Crisco.

Spicoli
05-29-08, 08:38 PM
1 year warranty. Lady at Lowes 800# said I could take it back and get my cash, cause i used my lowes card. trubble is, at 379, wtf else is there to buy. I guiess I just expected more for my purchase.

You guys are all right, I'll just go ahead and use the lighter. Igniters and oven mitts are for pussies.

thanks.:thumbup:

Spicoli
05-29-08, 08:42 PM
Natural Gas? The ancient built-in that came with th house is on it's last legs. Maybe after we give up on getting someone to fix our fence we can give up on getting someone to replace our grill.

Ank may be looking fer werk soon. :thumbup:

Brickman
05-29-08, 10:11 PM
OK. I got some anger on my new grill. :irked: Gotta Jenn Air/Maytag/Chinese piece of stainless #720-0336 ultra wide for the low low lowes price of $373.90, list was $749.00 bought it in November, fully assembled, looked like a good deal at the time.

http://pixpipeline.com/s/3dd92cd1186b.jpg (http://pixpipeline.com/d/3dd92cd1186b.jpg)

Thing worked about 3 times so far this spring, and then THUD. nuttin. I researched it, found it is a VERY common problem for this unit to have igniters go bad. So you call www.grillservices.com and argue with some guy named Tom who wants to charge you $16.49 for the igniter replacement that you wait 4 weeks for after you find your stupid lowes receipt, wwhich you had to call and order a copy of a wait 20 days for.......

anyway, is this thing worth fixing, or do i just take it back to lowes and say FU, gimme my cash back?

had i done my research, i never would have bought this. Are all the new big stainless grill POSs?

Get yourself something (http://www.vikingrange.com/consumer/products/category_products.jsp?id=cat10011) that when your neighbor looks over your fence he might envy you being you, or take JLMannin's advice on the Green Egg or Mappy's advice, you can never go wrong with a Weber.

http://www.vikingrange.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m100417_micro_outdoor_cooking_cookers.jpg

http://www.vikingrange.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m100411_micro_outdoor_cooking_gasgrills_ultra-premium.jpg

G.
05-30-08, 12:00 AM
Brinkman grill igniter still working after 4 seasons.

Was initially broke. Neighbor told me my grill seemed angry. The peizo was chattering away. Loosened the battery cap. Been fine ever since.

Brinkman also come with a match holder chained to the back of the grill. Put your standard safety match in it, light it (after closing the cover, of course), and shove it in the hole.

BAM!

(review advice about having the cover open)

Spicoli
06-24-08, 06:57 PM
http://pixpipeline.com/s/2705472583dd.jpg (http://pixpipeline.com/d/2705472583dd.jpg)

:p

cart7
06-25-08, 08:07 PM

My Charbroil has been absolutely abused by me for 3 years and the ignitors are still going strong.

Just bought a bullet style charcoal smoker ( I know, those are the worst kind) at a yard sale for $20. Tried it the first time last weekend with some dry rubbed chicken breasts, pork loin ribs and a short slab of baby backs. It'll take getting used to but the first results were outstanding.

KLang
06-25-08, 08:43 PM
My Charbroil has been absolutely abused by me for 3 years and the ignitors are still going strong.

Just bought a bullet style charcoal smoker ( I know, those are the worst kind) at a yard sale for $20. Tried it the first time last weekend with some dry rubbed chicken breasts, pork loin ribs and a short slab of baby backs. It'll take getting used to but the first results were outstanding.

I've seen this site (http://virtualweberbullet.com/) praised highly for tips on that type of smoker.

cart7
06-25-08, 09:27 PM
I've seen this site (http://virtualweberbullet.com/) praised highly for tips on that type of smoker.

Thanks for the link. :thumbup: Lot's of mods in there. some of which I had already thought about doing.

Methanolandbrats
06-25-08, 10:11 PM
All you need to grill is a match, a cup of 87 octane, a bag of quality charcoal and a Weber Kettle. It's a zen thing. :thumbup:

KLang
06-25-08, 10:34 PM
a cup of 87 octane

You might want to invest in a chimney starter. ;)

Methanolandbrats
06-25-08, 10:51 PM
You might want to invest in a chimney starter. ;) No fireball :thumdown:

Elmo T
06-26-08, 08:10 AM
No fireball :thumdown:

http://www.angelfire.com/wv/jimtest2/images/firetruck4.gif

dando
06-26-08, 11:20 AM
http://www.orlandfire.org/images/elmo_fire.gif

Fixed dat fer ya. :)

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
06-26-08, 11:28 AM
http://www.nightshadebooks.com/discus/messages/233/2304.gif

Audi_A4
06-26-08, 11:48 AM
I bought a mid-range Weber Genesis Silver B with stainless flavour bars and grills a few years ago in Blue because blue barbecues are cool! hehe I love it. The thing has a large grill (good for entertaining) and 3 burners which distrubutes the heat evenly. Its gas so just plugs into the gas line at the back of the house and I love it. On humid days the igniter doesnt work so I light it with a bbq lighter. This grill was worth every penny.

Elmo T
06-26-08, 01:06 PM
Fixed dat fer ya. :)

-Kevin

Thanks... :thumbup:

eiregosod
06-26-08, 01:09 PM
oh well back to daddy's kraal to kill n grill a springbok or two.

STD
06-26-08, 02:43 PM
It was wild Boar today. Just squeezed it off. :eek:

nrc
08-10-08, 01:35 AM
Anyone had experience with MHP grills? Missy and I visited a gas specialty store to start looking into a replacement for our natural gas grill. This one (http://www.bbqguys.com/item_name_MHP-WNK4DD-Natural-Gas-Grill-W-SearMagic-Grids-On-In-Ground-Post_path_7119-7521-8606_item_1516354.html) looked like it might stand a chance to last 40 years the way the one out there now has.

http://www.thegrillstoreandmore.com/image/products/big-pics/1516354d.jpg

dando
08-10-08, 09:30 AM
Anyone had experience with MHP grills? Missy and I visited a gas specialty store to start looking into a replacement for our natural gas grill. This one (http://www.bbqguys.com/item_name_MHP-WNK4DD-Natural-Gas-Grill-W-SearMagic-Grids-On-In-Ground-Post_path_7119-7521-8606_item_1516354.html) looked like it might stand a chance to last 40 years the way the on out there now has.

Looks very similar to the grill my grandfather had that lasted that long as well.

-Kevin

eiregosod
08-10-08, 09:50 AM
It was wild Boar today. Just squeezed it off. :eek:

save some of that wild bore for me

http://www.skwierzyna.net/hunting1.jpg

STD
08-10-08, 12:55 PM
I go for those fire pits...

http://www.luxuryhousingtrends.com/archives/fire-pit-rotisserie.jpg

nrc
08-31-08, 06:09 PM
Anyone had experience with MHP grills? Missy and I visited a gas specialty store to start looking into a replacement for our natural gas grill. This one (http://www.bbqguys.com/item_name_MHP-WNK4DD-Natural-Gas-Grill-W-SearMagic-Grids-On-In-Ground-Post_path_7119-7521-8606_item_1516354.html) looked like it might stand a chance to last 40 years the way the one out there now has.

Now in the back yard. First steaks were promising even though it was dark and started pouring down rain. Chops tonight and Jamaican jerked chicken tomorrow.

nom nom nom

dando
08-31-08, 09:32 PM
Now in the back yard. First steaks were promising even though it was dark and started pouring down rain. Chops tonight and Jamaican jerked chicken tomorrow.

nom nom nom

You guys get soaked by the rain Fri night? We didn't get a drop. :irked: Started thundering pretty good when I left Children's and stopped by Katzingers on the way home. A bunch of HS games were postponed by the thorms.

I just popped a few new bits on our Weber, so it'll last another 10 years. :thumbup:

-Kevin

nrc
09-01-08, 01:27 AM
You guys get soaked by the rain Fri night? We didn't get a drop. :irked:

Yep. Poured down for a good hour. Hope your youngster is doing well.

jcollins28
09-01-08, 02:52 PM

Really? I'm on like year 3 or 4 with my grill and have not replaced thing on it.

ChampcarShark
09-04-08, 03:23 PM
I had mine for 3 years before the ignition went bad, got a replacement going on its first birthday no problems.

It is nice to take your gas grill where others can't go.

We have a fire ban on this part of the country, specially at state and federal parks, and charcoal is not allowed, you should see the faces when we start our gas grill to cook and everybody else is having cold sandwiches.