PDA

View Full Version : When does Bourdais get canned?

Pages : [1] 2

Wheel-Nut
05-27-08, 10:03 AM
2 more races? Does he make the season finally?

patski
05-27-08, 10:42 AM

That would make no sense!

Fio1
05-27-08, 10:50 AM

Only if Danica is available!

Easy
05-27-08, 11:08 AM
Berger hand picked him so he has a little bit of leeway to get things right but if Vettel keeps putting him in the shade and Bourdais keeps wadding up STR3s he won't see the end of the year, especially with Didi Mateschitz leaving Berger holding the bag at STR and plenty of wealthy pay drivers waiting in the wings.

Insomniac
05-27-08, 12:55 PM
They've both had good and bad races. And they've both outqualified each other. I don't think Bourdais is going anywhere. On a related note, how can they have the Red Bull chassis? Isn't that essentially a customer car?

cameraman
05-27-08, 12:55 PM
Quite the bunch of haters here.

Bourdais finished 7th but he was in 4th when the car died in Australia.
Vettel DNF

Bourdais spun out in Malaysia
Vettel's car died

Bourdais out qualified Vettel & finished 15th in Bahrain
Vettel crashed out.

Bourdais out qualified Vettel before colliding with Piquet in Spain
Vettel collided with Sutil

Vettel out qualified Bourdais and finished 17th in Turkey
Bourdais' rear suspension failed sending him off.

Bourdais out qualified Vettel in Monaco before colliding with DC
Vettel finished 5th

Vettel hasn't been doing any better. Both were hampered with an old chassis up until this weekend. There have been six races and they have split the qualifiying runs.

morgahorse
05-27-08, 01:24 PM
Speed was out doing Vettel until he got canned.

Andrew Longman
05-27-08, 01:36 PM
I agree with Camerman's assessment. I think SB will stick around. Next year? Isn't the whole team going away next year or is that in 2010?

BTW, I still haven't figured out how SB collected DC. The racing line is to the left. Did he move right to avoid some perceived sudden clusterfub in front of him and wound up driving into it instead?

dando
05-27-08, 01:48 PM
Quite the bunch of haters here.

PT fans. :gomer: ;)

-Kevin

cameraman
05-27-08, 01:49 PM
Bourdais said that he lifted suddenly when he saw the yellow flag in front of him.
That slowed the rear wheels suddenly and it was off to the wall.

STD
05-27-08, 02:22 PM
Todt's son holds the cards.

rosawendel
05-27-08, 02:36 PM

speed was also spouting a lot of 'tude, if i recall.

cameraman
05-27-08, 03:08 PM

And Bourdais is getting good reviews for his technical feedback, the same could not be said for Speed.

TravelGal
05-27-08, 03:48 PM
And Bourdais is getting good reviews for his technical feedback, the same could not be said for Speed.

Wonder if he recorded them under yellow? :rofl::rofl:

Sorry but that one was too easy.

Wally
05-27-08, 04:35 PM
[QUOTE=
BTW, I still haven't figured out how SB collected DC. The racing line is to the left. Did he move right to avoid some perceived sudden clusterfub in front of him and wound up driving into it instead?[/QUOTE]

So was that a schamozel or a shunt? Or were they both just deranged?
I get so confused.....:confused:

dando
05-27-08, 04:55 PM
BTW, I still haven't figured out how SB collected DC. The racing line is to the left. Did he move right to avoid some perceived sudden clusterfub in front of him and wound up driving into it instead?

I'm watching the replay now, but you can't really see SeaBass before he hit DC. My guess is that the conditions sent all three of them into the same wall. Alonso went first, followed by DC and then Frogger....all three w/in a minute or less.

-Kevin

emjaya
05-27-08, 05:34 PM
The rain put a puddle or a river across the track that caught out DC and he just aqua-planned into the wall.

And as Cameraman said, Bourdais lifted when he saw the yellow flag in front of him and that locked his rear wheels on the same puddle and it was off to the wall and into DC.

RTKar
05-28-08, 08:24 AM
They'll keep him, he's not American plus F1 needs a French driver.

Accipiter
05-28-08, 09:39 AM
What Cameraman said. It's not like he's Piquet Jr. or anything.

Easy
05-28-08, 12:12 PM
Speed wasn't outperforming Vettel, he was replaced by Vettel.

And yes, Speed is a world class douche which didn't help his cause at STR. Neither did his crashing.

extramundane
05-28-08, 03:12 PM
Speed wasn't outperforming Vettel, he was replaced by Vettel.

And there's the fact that Vettel showed pretty well when he subbed for Kubicamania too. I'm not sure Speed would have finished the race, let alone scored points, were he in the BMW.

And yes, Speed is a world class douche which didn't help his cause at STR. Neither did his crashing.

That's ARCA-Winning world class douche to you, sir.

cameraman
05-28-08, 03:49 PM

That has to be pissing people off.:rofl:

pchall
05-28-08, 09:41 PM
The obvious thing would be to can Bourdais after Magny-Cours, but I think he lasts until the end of the European rounds for the season -- the Italian GP in September. After that Torro Rosso pimps the seat to some suitably well-funded Asian driver for three rounds and then puts up the Rent-a-Wreck signs wherever the Brazillionaires hang out in Sao Paolo.

cameraman
05-29-08, 12:50 PM
The obvious thing would be to can Bourdais after Magny-Cours, but I think he lasts until the end of the European rounds for the season -- the Italian GP in September. After that Torro Rosso pimps the seat to some suitably well-funded Asian driver for three rounds and then puts up the Rent-a-Wreck signs wherever the Brazillionaires hang out in Sao Paolo.

You're a very bitter old man:rofl:

pchall
05-30-08, 04:27 PM
bitter cynical realistic take your choice

You're a very bitter old man:rofl:

cameraman
05-30-08, 04:32 PM
bitter cynical realistic take your choice

D. All of the above

extramundane
06-01-08, 04:28 PM

'Scuse me, that's ARCA and Pickemuptruck-Winning World Class Douche. His blue-toenailed pedicure oughta really endear him to the legions of fans. :rofl:

Easy
06-02-08, 03:07 PM
'Scuse me, that's ARCA and Pickemuptruck-Winning World Class Douche. His blue-toenailed pedicure oughta really endear him to the legions of fans. :rofl:

He should be a fan favorite right up there with fellow short track legends Casey Mears, Hideo Fukuyama and Klaus Graf.

Gnam
06-09-08, 01:02 PM
Rough weekend for Seabass. Admitting you quit on the race while your teammate scores points from dead last may not be the best career move. :p

http://www.itv-f1.com/news_article.aspx?id=42952

oddlycalm
06-09-08, 01:09 PM
Rough weekend for Seabass. Admitting you quit on the race while your teammate scores points from dead last may not be the best career move. :p
Neither is waiving your fist at the crew to hurry up...

oc

Sean Malone
06-09-08, 01:53 PM

oc

Yep. Quickly heading down the 'what ever happened to' path. A shame considering what a mark he left on ChampCar.

cameraman
06-09-08, 02:04 PM
He doesn't handle frustration particularly well, he never has.

He will either learn to deal or he will disappear.

Insomniac
06-09-08, 03:51 PM

oc

I thought he was doing that because the lollipop guy couldn't make up his mind.

SteveH
06-09-08, 04:59 PM
Sebastian's shelf life in F1 is at best short due to his age. Even if he betters Vettel every time on the track he isn't going to catch that much interest. He should have a fine career after F1 in LMS. In fact, there's a French manufacturer that's coming on strong. I'm happy he got his shot at F1, if only for a year or two.

Gnam
11-03-08, 07:56 PM
Doesn't look good for Seabass.

You're only as good as your last race, and he tossed away another good qualifying effort by dicing with Sutil at the beginning of the front straight instead of at the end.

Vettel one step from the podium isn't going to help matters either.

trish
11-03-08, 08:02 PM
It's too bad they don't have the decency to tell Sebastien his status with the team in time for him to make other arrangements if needed.

Michaelhatesfans
11-04-08, 02:49 AM
It's too bad they don't have the decency to tell Sebastien his status with the team in time for him to make other arrangements if needed.

That's old school F1. "We think you suck. But just in case we're wrong, we don't want you driving for a competitor and making us look bad."

ilferrari
11-04-08, 03:00 AM
Depends on the extent to which STR think Vettel is a great, WDC-material driver. If they do, then Bourdais held up pretty well against him in the second half of the season.

pchall
11-04-08, 07:47 AM
Depends on the extent to which STR think Vettel is a great, WDC-material driver. If they do, then Bourdais held up pretty well against him in the second half of the season.

If Seabass gets punted I think he's shown well enough to get another seat elsewhere. If not, Peugeot would be crazy not to put him in a Pug 908 all season in 2009.

Insomniac
11-04-08, 09:08 AM
I'm hopeful they keep him. Vettel is moving to RBR. Bourdais now knows all the tracks. It would be helpful to avoid two new drivers.

Rogue Leader
11-04-08, 09:54 PM
I'm hopeful they keep him. Vettel is moving to RBR. Bourdais now knows all the tracks. It would be helpful to avoid two new drivers.

If I were Vettel I'd ask to stay with STR! The car got better as the year progressed!

Gnam
11-20-08, 08:58 PM
Gotta like Bourdais' honesty about his position. None of the F1 doublespeak, he just lays it out.

Q: How sure are you of staying with Toro Rosso?
SB: Absolutely not at all.
:laugh:

Bourdais' interview with F1.com: http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews/2008/11/8728.html

Short story about the interview with F1.com: http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?id=44643

pchall
11-20-08, 10:47 PM
Those quotes are a breath of fresh air that I haven't had from an F1 driver interview in ages. Here's hoping SB gets to keep his seat for 2009.

Sean Malone
11-20-08, 11:25 PM
Those quotes are a breath of fresh air that I haven't had from an F1 driver interview in ages. Here's hoping SB gets to keep his seat for 2009.

Me too. He's too much of a proven talent to fall prey to the US curse or VettleMania.

oddlycalm
11-21-08, 05:21 PM
Agreed, and I think his total lack of BS is a valuable asset for Bourdais.

oc

High Sided
11-25-08, 11:22 AM
they are trying hard to replace him, montoya said no thanks.

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-montoya-said-no-to-comeback-offers/

Sean Malone
11-25-08, 11:48 AM
Montoya is still racing? :gomer:

Easy
11-25-08, 04:13 PM
I'd say Bourdais is toast. Berger sold his half back to Didi.

HYPERLINK TO CORROBORATING INFORMATION (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/72252)

oddlycalm
11-26-08, 03:22 PM
I'd say Bourdais is toast. Berger sold his half back to Didi.
Too bad, it was a good season for STR. Berger is an asshat but I can understand not wanting to be stuck in an uncompetitive situation.

oc

Gnam
12-10-08, 09:31 PM
More testing for Bourdais and friends.
http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=315508

If sponsorship opportunties continue to dry up, could Bourdais win out by being the low bidder?

If all else fails, he should push the KK/Cosworth connection.

NismoZ
12-11-08, 03:46 PM
Buemi and Sato 1-2 again on day 3, looks like Bourdais didn't even run? Might be a message in there somewhere.

ilferrari
12-12-08, 07:29 AM
Sato has a long history of sucking against every (not-so-great) teammate he's been paired with. Unlucky for Bourdais that Sato is carrying more sponsor money.

TedN
12-15-08, 07:41 AM
The French manufacturer PSA, selling cars under the names Peugeot and Citroen, has reportedly expressed interest in buying Honda's beleaguered Formula One team.

It is suggested that Sebastien Bourdais, the French F1 driver whose Toro Rosso seat is in doubt for 2009, would be part of a PSA buyout, with Jenson Button as his team-mate.

Source (http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/081215090422.shtml)

Ted

opinionated ow
12-15-08, 09:16 AM

Ted

That's like a wet dream!

emjaya
12-15-08, 09:49 AM
That's like a wet dream!

Why?

opinionated ow
12-15-08, 10:08 AM
Why?

Very large family obsession with PSA

Andrew Longman
12-15-08, 10:39 AM

I good friend of mine bought a Peugeot as a college student many years ago. He and his to be wife thought driving a Peugeot about Bloomington to be a quirky thing to do.

Since then they have collected and restored I think 18 vintage Peugeots and have built a barn to house them all.

I always have needled him that French engineering is an oxymoron but he just calls it distinctive. ;)

Methanolandbrats
12-15-08, 10:47 AM
I good friend of mine bought a Peugeot as a college student many years ago. He and his to be wife thought driving a Peugeot about Bloomington to be a quirky thing to do.

Since then they have collected and restored I think 18 vintage Peugeots and have built a barn to house them all.

I always have needled him that French engineering is an oxymoron but he just calls it distinctive. ;)

The definition of passion is restoring 18 cars that are still worthless after all that work :gomer:

Insomniac
12-15-08, 02:22 PM

Ted

Can't they just let Button fall into obscurity? Save some money and hire an F3 driver.

Gnam
12-15-08, 03:54 PM
Smokin' :p

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/1990/85peugeotemblemgrilleow8.jpg

I have fond memories of a 505 fumigating the neighborhood.

extramundane
12-15-08, 05:01 PM

My best friend in high school drove a '83 505 STI. He drove the hell out that thing but it held up well and never needed anything other than regular oil changes, brakes, etc. He sold it before college and I know that as of at least 2003 it was still running just fine. It wasn't exactly a powerhouse of a car (0-60 in whenever it got around to it) and I think the transmission came from the factory with two 2nd gears and no 3rd, but it wasn't the nightmare car that Pugs are made out to be in this country.

Al Czervik
12-15-08, 05:31 PM
My best friend in high school drove a '83 505 STI. He drove the hell out that thing but it held up well and never needed anything other than regular oil changes, brakes, etc. He sold it before college and I know that as of at least 2003 it was still running just fine. It wasn't exactly a powerhouse of a car (0-60 in whenever it got around to it) and I think the transmission came from the factory with two 2nd gears and no 3rd, but it wasn't the nightmare car that Pugs are made out to be in this country.

Two 2nd gears and no 3rd isn't a nightmare?

extramundane
12-15-08, 08:52 PM
Two 2nd gears and no 3rd isn't a nightmare?

I was being a bit facetious, y'know.

chop456
12-16-08, 07:26 AM
I had a rental Peugeot minivan that took both hands to get into 6th gear. As if that wasn't bad enough, the satnav was all in French. ;)

Methanolandbrats
12-16-08, 08:17 AM
I had a rental Peugeot minivan that took both hands to get into 6th gear. ... Did you remember to use the clutch? :gomer:

Andrew Longman
12-16-08, 08:19 AM

My friends have a matching pair of 505s about the same circa as their regular cars. They've driven the heck out of them and both are well into six digits mileage wise.

OTOH one of their collector cars has an engine in it from I think a BMW. As I recall nearly all of that model had engines blow early and the standard fix is to replace it with a BMW 4 banger that apparently fits right in.

chop456
12-16-08, 09:17 AM
Did you remember to use the clutch? :gomer:

What is this "clutch" you speak of? :D

Methanolandbrats
12-16-08, 10:20 AM
What is this "clutch" you speak of? :D

It was labeled "resquiller ici avec vous gauche pied au changeese le gears", but since you don't speak French, you did'nt have a chance. :gomer:

oddlycalm
12-16-08, 04:37 PM
They've driven the heck out of them and both are well into six digits mileage wise
Had a friend that had one around the time of the 1973-74 oil embargo. I hired him for a house building job we had in the central Idaho mountains and it never needed anything but oil and tires. Four cylinder engine, four spd on the column. It was our only working radio, and only outside entertainment, so we'd pile in and listen to Mystery Theater most nights. :gomer:

oc

Gnam
12-16-08, 09:23 PM
The French manufacturer PSA, selling cars under the names Peugeot and Citroen, has reportedly expressed interest in buying Honda's beleaguered Formula One team.

Ted

Jean-Claude says non. oh well...

http://www.crash.net/motorsport/f1/news/172742-0/peugeot_honda_f1_rumours_are_totally_false.html

Sean Malone
12-16-08, 10:06 PM
My dad has a Peugeot story that he breaks out from time to time.... 1963, married for two years and a 6 month baby (my sis) heading from Jersey to Kansas to start a job fresh out of the service. Just enough money in his pocket for gas and diapers driving a French car that he paid $50 just for the purpose of this move. 100 miles out parts were literally falling out from the engine compartment, over heating and making horrible noises he pulled into town just as it died. He has always looked back on it not as junk but as having done it's job getting them to Kansas.

emjaya
12-17-08, 09:23 AM

:)

Up here French cars are driven by either small mustachioed men or a smoking hot babe. :cool:

TedN
12-18-08, 01:45 PM
Don't Do It Sebastien!!

Sebastien Bourdais revealed exclusively to Autosport magazine this week that he is considering a return to racing in North America if he is left without a drive in Formula One next season.

A return to Bourdais' former Newman/Haas team is unlikely with the team struggling to raise sponsorship for a second car. Graham Rahal is expected to stay on with the team and Justin Wilson has already been told he is free to look for other drives.

Link (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/72527)

Ted

oddlycalm
12-18-08, 02:07 PM
Don't Do It Sebastien!!

Ugh. Not many choices out there with F1 testing being curtailed and sponsor and team withdrawls in every series. Seems like sports cars would be better if he could find a ride.

oc

Insomniac
12-18-08, 02:47 PM
If they go forward with 3rd cars, hopefully that'll give Bourdais a chance.

Gnam
12-18-08, 02:53 PM
I would rather see him in NASCAR wreckin' with the Ricky Booby's than in an EARL sled. Just say NON!

cameraman
12-18-08, 03:44 PM
Since he did not say anything beyond a return to "North America" we probably should remember that the ALMS runs in North America.

High Sided
12-19-08, 10:10 AM

Oh My....
"the iMo is an independent study for a future robotic car that was created by Anthony Jannarelly, a French designer with an MA in automotive design at Britain's Coventry University."
http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2008/12/apple-imo-design-proposal-for.html

Cam
12-19-08, 06:55 PM
Oh My....
"the iMo is an independent study for a future robotic car that was created by Anthony Jannarelly, a French designer with an MA in automotive design at Britain's Coventry University."
http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2008/12/apple-imo-design-proposal-for.html

Those wheels will never work. :p

High Sided
12-19-08, 07:25 PM
^:rofl::laugh::rofl:^

tllips
01-13-09, 04:21 PM
He is not on the F1 entry list.

According to Motor Authority (http://www.motorauthority.com/f1/also-us-doors-close-for-bourdais_1873.html) yesterday.

Also not in Penske or Newman-Haas.

:(

cameraman
01-13-09, 05:53 PM
11 Sébastien BUEMI (CH) Scuderia Toro Rosso
12 TBA Scuderia Toro Rosso

They have not decided between Sato or Bourdais yet.

G.
01-22-09, 02:02 PM
They have not decided between Sato or Bourdais yet.

Sounds like they did.

Seabass gets the seat, according to f1live (http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090122162902.shtml)

SurfaceUnits
01-22-09, 02:17 PM
http://www.scuderiatororosso.com/Team/

High Sided
01-22-09, 02:20 PM
good for seabass :thumbup:

cameraman
01-22-09, 03:02 PM
But, but, but he was going to move up to the IRL:gomer:

Gnam
01-22-09, 04:39 PM
Ferrari confirms! ;)

Moreover, the official website of the Ferrari-powered team is now showing Bourdais and Buemi as the drivers in the 'team' section.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/22012009/13/bourdais-secure-second-toro-rosso-seat.html
Great news. :thumbup:
Besides, with all the condensing, I don't think the IRL is big enough anymore to handle a PT-Bourdais-Danica battle royal. Versus isn't zoned for that type of eggcitement!

RHR_Fan
01-22-09, 06:43 PM
Ferrari confirms! ;)

Great news. :thumbup:
Besides, with all the condensing, I don't think the IRL is big enough anymore to handle a PT-Bourdais-Danica battle royal. Versus isn't zoned for that type of eggcitement!

Thank God.

~Nicole

tllips
01-23-09, 12:32 PM
Apparently, you have to be named Sebastian in order to drive for Toro Rosso.
:p

Wheel-Nut
01-23-09, 04:00 PM
Good for Seabass. :thumbup:

Gnam
07-10-09, 06:53 PM
How do you make a Frenchman mad? :laugh:

http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=335899&FS=F1

Sebastien Bourdais has reacted furiously to reports that Sunday's German Grand Prix could be his last race in Formula One.

He told the reporters: "If that is the only thing that interests you then I don't have anything to say. Is that clear to everyone?

He's hasn't been this fired up since PT smashed him out of the Miami & Denver GPs. :mad:

NismoZ
07-11-09, 08:27 AM
Well, it's not like he won't be replaced by another "Sebastien." Loeb, perhaps? Huh, "Bourdais remains in the garage" in Q1, P20. I think he already knows something?

NismoZ
07-11-09, 09:06 AM
I hope the race is as entertaining as qualifying!:thumbup: Are they going to screw with this again next season?

emjaya
07-11-09, 09:08 AM
Well, it's not like he won't be replaced by another "Sebastien." Loeb, perhaps? Huh, "Bourdais remains in the garage" in Q1, P20. I think he already knows something?

Loeb's ready.

http://www.f1complete.com/content/view/13418/900/

G.
07-11-09, 11:26 AM
Loeb's ready.

http://www.f1complete.com/content/view/13418/900/

That website ^^^^ is crap.

They haven't updated their "babes" gallery since 2007. How are we to trust them?

:yuck: :thumdown:

patski
07-11-09, 11:59 AM
That website ^^^^ is crap.

They haven't updated their "babes" gallery since 2007. How are we to trust them?

:yuck: :thumdown:

And that is really important!

NismoZ
07-11-09, 07:24 PM
Websites aside, Loeb really does want the shot but some other Euro with a long unpronouncable, unspellable name might get it first. Means he'll probably be World Champ someday!:)

emjaya
07-12-09, 04:17 AM
Is Jaime Alguersuari unpronouncable enough for you?

He's in, according to this (http://www.italiaracing.net/notizia.asp?id=24024&cat=1) website; which, incidentally, does not have a "babes" gallery at all. :gomer:

opinionated ow
07-12-09, 05:15 AM
Is Jaime Alguersuari unpronouncable enough for you?

He's in, according to this (http://www.italiaracing.net/notizia.asp?id=24024&cat=1) website; which, incidentally, does not have a "babes" gallery at all. :gomer:

He's the reigning British Formula 3 Champion...so he's not bad at all.

NismoZ
07-12-09, 04:55 PM
That's the guy. Didn't say BAD, just going to take a lot of getting used to!:D