SurfaceUnits
05-25-08, 02:37 PM
the irl500 sucks

Don Quixote
05-25-08, 05:28 PM
bump. :D

nrc
05-25-08, 07:19 PM
How can you spoil something that's already rotten?

Dear folks who swore I'd watch. I didn't. I haven't. I won't this season and almost certainly not next. Instead I pulled weeds and cleaned debris off my roof. I don't feel like I missed anything.

Insomniac
05-25-08, 07:58 PM

Dear folks who swore I'd watch. I didn't. I haven't. I won't this season and almost certainly not next. Instead I pulled weeds and cleaned debris off my roof. I don't feel like I missed anything.

I thought before the season, I'd give it a shot. But I didn't. I did watch the first 10 laps on the Indy 500. I think this has made it clear to me that I only kept watching CC because of the name/heritage. Not the actual on track racing. What I enjoyed so much in the 90s was gone. The IRL will need to severely improve the racing for me to be able to watch an entire race. Of course, starting with the cars. I wonder if PT being in the race would've been enough. I think it would've until he was out of it. But, I don't know. Maybe if I paid attention to the IRL with PT, I would've turned it off for good 10 laps into Homestead.

SurfaceUnits
05-25-08, 08:58 PM

well maybe, but I bet you threw a yellow flag before you cleaned up that debris. :p

Fio1
05-25-08, 11:38 PM
Once Danica climbed out of the car after her crash, they should have stopped the broadcast and cut to the regular scheduled program. 75% of the people switched to the 700 Club anyways, so who cares? It's like the Olympics when the Americans have no chance of winning; why bother showing that event! The Indy 500 is not a sport or race, it's the eye of the storm. :saywhat:

Sean O'Gorman
05-26-08, 12:30 AM
Don't look at me, I went autocrossing. :D

oddlycalm
05-26-08, 02:10 PM
I saw the highlights on the Speed Report and when they said 30% of the race was run under yellow I think that said it all. That's 150 miles of pace car laps for those that bought a ticket. Glad nobody was seriously hurt this year.

oc