PDA

View Full Version : The Danica Patrick 500

Pages : [1] 2

RusH
05-25-08, 12:27 PM
Pathetic. How can one even try to enjoy the only race that matters :shakehead

I`m getting out of the house to enjoy the day after the start. Then have a drink at home later for the 600 mile race. :gomer:

ciao

trish
05-25-08, 12:42 PM
Are they still talking about her? :rolleyes:

Chaos
05-25-08, 12:46 PM
I don't have any vested interest in this race, so the pre-race show parts that I watched were quite nauseating. To not sound like an Indy hater, I get the same way if I catch any of the Daytona preview, or any other major sporting event.

Spicoli
05-25-08, 12:55 PM
check www.indystar.com she already wonned.

http://pixpipeline.com/s/fe5199cca586.jpg (http://pixpipeline.com/d/fe5199cca586.jpg)

http://pixpipeline.com/s/a682cd982747.jpg (http://pixpipeline.com/d/a682cd982747.jpg)

trish
05-25-08, 12:57 PM
I'll admit it up front, I'm watching.

Julianne is a horrible singer.

TKGAngel
05-25-08, 01:07 PM
I had a nice conversation with the gardening guy at Home Depot this morning about why PT wasn't in the race.

Am I the only one that thought that the pre-race feature on injury/death/dying was a little tacky and tempting the wrath of the racing gods?

trish
05-25-08, 01:13 PM
Fortunately I missed most of the pre-race, so I missed the death and gore.

And how they didn't wave off this lame start is beyond me.

dando
05-25-08, 01:24 PM
Fortunately I missed most of the pre-race, so I missed the death and gore.

And how they didn't wave off this lame start is beyond me.

I'm sure that was by design. All they wanted was to get them 3 abreast. The rows were spaced further apart to reduce the chance for carnage.

Poor Bruno. :(

-Kevin

dando
05-25-08, 01:24 PM
http://pixpipeline.com/s/a682cd982747.jpg (http://pixpipeline.com/d/a682cd982747.jpg)

Brilliant! :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
05-25-08, 01:25 PM
DNF! :laugh: :gomer:

-Kevin

Insomniac
05-25-08, 01:32 PM
I haven't watched a lap of the IRL all year, but I did watch the start of the Indy 500. The gaps between rows were so wide, I think the most positions a driver could gain are 2 (if they're on the outside of the row). There is no chance to get remotely close to the row in front of you. :thumdown: Barnhart/Cottman. I turned it off after the debris caution (~10 laps). I just don't care.

Insomniac
05-25-08, 01:33 PM
Poor Bruno. :(

Did something else happen after he lost a mirror?

dando
05-25-08, 01:38 PM
Did something else happen after he lost a mirror?

Nah. He's just got bad Indy karma. :( I'm watching the first fitty and the last fitty. No way can I stomach this entire mess. Especially since I caught part of the '91 race on E$PN Classic yesterday. Indy now isn't 1/10th of what it once was. :(

-Kevin

nrc
05-25-08, 01:42 PM
I forgot the race was today. Really. I wasn't going to watch anyway.

trish
05-25-08, 01:47 PM
So far the race stinks.

trish
05-25-08, 01:51 PM
Another fire in IV's car. I think he's ok. This one happened in the pits.

TKGAngel
05-25-08, 01:52 PM
So ethanol doesn't burn clear like methanol?

trish
05-25-08, 01:57 PM
I give up on the tv broadcast. I'm gonna watch online instead. It's much less nauseating.

Insomniac
05-25-08, 01:59 PM
Nah. He's just got bad Indy karma. :( I'm watching the first fitty and the last fitty. No way can I stomach this entire mess. Especially since I caught part of the '91 race on E$PN Classic yesterday. Indy now isn't 1/10th of what it once was. :(

-Kevin

It's just a missing mirror. Did it really mess up the car's handling?

trish
05-25-08, 02:10 PM
Thread should be called The Carnage 500.

trish
05-25-08, 02:11 PM
Marty meets wall. Same place as Graham.

Wheel-Nut
05-25-08, 02:20 PM
500 mile follow the leader.

trish
05-25-08, 02:35 PM
Driver # 3 into the wall Camara. Why do they stradle the car?

trish
05-25-08, 02:37 PM
If enough cars crash out, Danica might get her second win.

TKGAngel
05-25-08, 02:43 PM
Lots of people there today wearing shiny bleacher grey colored shirts.

If the IRL propoganda machine wants to claim this as a sellout, the broadcast partner might not want to show anymore overhead shots.

SurfaceUnits
05-25-08, 02:45 PM
is jonathan byrd the only blimp there today, or is the goodyear/metlife/everclear blimp in town?

trish
05-25-08, 02:46 PM
I just noticed that too. I hope they show some more. I type and it happens. lol

trish
05-25-08, 02:51 PM
It's nap time.

JLMannin
05-25-08, 03:32 PM
I joined at lap 85. This race sucks.

For goodness sakes, I wish Danica would just run out of talent so these moron announcers would stop jabbering about her.

I guess Sara is so poor she could not hire a spotter to tell her Kanaan was in the gray. Oh, well, go drink a Res-Q and keep watching that mailbox for a check . . . . . . . .

trish
05-25-08, 03:55 PM
Lloyd crashes on pit road. Luckily he didn't kill anyone.

morgahorse
05-25-08, 03:55 PM
I started watching in time to see Fisher crash. She must not have been able to afford a spotter, but I did notice she fills her driver suit from the back a lot better than Danica.

Speaking of, just heard her whining on the radio she can't do something and she's slow.....:shakehead

trish
05-25-08, 03:57 PM
Whatever it is, it's not her fault.

JLMannin
05-25-08, 04:03 PM
Ed the stepson is leading? How did that happen?

trish
05-25-08, 04:03 PM
I called Danica's first win too. We'll never hear the end of this.

morgahorse
05-25-08, 04:09 PM
Needs more cowbell.

trish
05-25-08, 04:12 PM
Don't know spins. Tire down.

morgahorse
05-25-08, 04:15 PM
Oh no! not Milka! I would've never guessed....

trish
05-25-08, 04:17 PM
Danica and Briscoe crash in pit lane. lol

Spicoli
05-25-08, 04:20 PM
Danica and Briscoe crash in pit lane. lol

is she crying yet? screaming? we need details! :no tv:

trish
05-25-08, 04:21 PM
Why aren't you watching online?

Anyway, Briscoe came out of the pits in front of Danica and clipped her tire. She went into the outside wall and he crashed on the inside.

Now she's going down to his pit. I wish one of these guys would clock her. I really do.

Spicoli
05-25-08, 04:22 PM
radio sez danicle is headfing down to "talk" to briscoe. :rofl:

trish
05-25-08, 04:22 PM
God is she ugly, inside out. You should see the look on her face.

trish
05-25-08, 04:25 PM
I'm relieved now, knowing that Danica can't win. That trophy would be garbage once her face was put on it. I hope it never happens.

Spicoli
05-25-08, 04:26 PM
Why aren't you watching online?

Anyway, Briscoe came out of the pits in front of Danica and clipped her tire. She went into the outside wall and he crashed on the inside.

Now she's going down to his pit. I wish one of these guys would clock her. I really do.

OK. didn;t know i could. pretty s***** video tho... :\

Rob
05-25-08, 04:29 PM
I'm relieved now, knowing that Danica can't win. That trophy would be garbage once her face was put on it.

:rofl:

trish
05-25-08, 04:36 PM
I hope the Andretti curse is still alive and well.

trish
05-25-08, 04:38 PM
Dixon has them covered.

Spicoli
05-25-08, 04:42 PM
Another former CART driver wins Mindy. :D
\
:gomers:

trish
05-25-08, 04:43 PM
Dixon wins the 500, pan to Danica. And she's the first interview online.

:shakehead

dando
05-25-08, 04:44 PM
What a wankerfest. I listened to most of the race while mowing the lawn. Economaki called the start the best in 20 years. :saywhat: Jenkins said the crowd was the best he's seen in years. :shakehead The race must have come close to a yellow record. Seemed like 1/2 of the race was run under yeller. :irked: Thanks, :tony:.

:finger:

-Kevin

dando
05-25-08, 04:46 PM
is she crying yet? screaming? we need details! :no tv:

They black this out in Indy? :saywhat:

-Kevin

trish
05-25-08, 04:47 PM
What a wankerfest. I listened to most of the race while mowing the lawn. Economaki called the start the best in 20 years. ::snip

-Kevin

I was wondering who said that. His family may want to get him immediate medical care. He's obviously got a screw loose.

dando
05-25-08, 04:48 PM
Danica has the shemale version of the Napoleon complex. :laugh:

-Kevin

trish
05-25-08, 04:52 PM
I want Robby's sister to beat her up. I hope she messes with Ryan.

And she's on the right team. I hate every one of them.

extramundane
05-25-08, 05:22 PM
I'm relieved now, knowing that Danica can't win. That trophy would be garbage once her face was put on it. I hope it never happens.

You sexist bastard! You just hate her because she's a girl.

TRANSAM
05-25-08, 05:40 PM
Sara Fisher cries.

Milka spins.

Danica wants to rumble.

Sandy ex-Andretti is still a snazzy dresser.

This is the greatest spectacle in racing alright.

coolhand
05-25-08, 05:44 PM
Danica trying to act tough there should be made fun of for weeks on every show.

I don't count on it but I wanted to fly to indy and smack that bitch

KLang
05-25-08, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the highlights from those of us that refuse to watch. :thumbup:

SurfaceUnits
05-25-08, 05:58 PM
Sara Fisher cries.

Milka spins.

Danica wants to rumble.

Sandy ex-Andretti is still a snazzy dresser.

This is the greatest spectacle in racing alright.what about dani welldone

SurfaceUnits
05-25-08, 06:15 PM
They black this out in Indy? :saywhat:

-Kevin
yep, the abc filiate is showing Motorsports Explained:Identity of a Racing Champion - The mystique of NASCAR drivers is examined, with behind the scenes footage; race hilites and interviews.

Jeff Gordon couldn't get a ride in open wheel so he became a NASCAR champion. John Paul Montoya tells his F1 buddies he makes more passes in one NASCAR race than he made in 5 years in F1. Sam Hornish and Dario left openwheel for NASCAR glory. Patrick Compartiay, as ole larry mac calls him, get his 2 minute segment. AJ Allmendinger is not mentioned, awwww.

and then the gomers get nascar angels. hahaha some much for opened wheeled racing in the hoosier state. :laugh:

RusH
05-25-08, 06:42 PM
I`m back, what did I miss? :gomer:

SurfaceUnits
05-25-08, 06:45 PM
I`m back, what did I miss? :gomer:
http://boomp3.com/listen/b0t94qz/danky

RusH
05-25-08, 06:57 PM

:rofl:

Insomniac
05-25-08, 07:00 PM

Someone was bored. :)

trish
05-25-08, 07:34 PM
Here's a nice article. http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slug=ap-jimlitke-052508&prov=ap&type=lgns

Spicoli
05-25-08, 09:16 PM
EAT ME. :rofl:

Tim
05-25-08, 09:49 PM
I watched. It was pretty boring racing wise. I probably wouldn't have shown clips of Paul Dana's crying widow.

I was quite happy when Marco passed Kanaan. Kanaan sucks. Someone get him a fresh tampon already.

Chiphead_Dave
05-25-08, 09:58 PM
Skankica radio quote.

``I can't do anything,'' she screamed during one tirade. ``I am sloooooow. I am damn slow.''

What a ^^%$&*&%$$%

Chiphead_Dave
05-25-08, 10:02 PM
More quotes

But Patrick struggled to hang onto her position from there, and was warned by Indy Racing League officials not to weave back and forth to keep Helio Castroneves from passing her with 80 laps remaining in the race.

Then she launched into her team again for giving her a car that just wasn't fast enough, but seemed to disprove her own point when she climbed to sixth on a re-start. Then the crash ended her day.

http://www.comcast.net/articles/sports-general/20080525/IRL-Indy.500-Peeved.Patrick/

I am so glad I didn't watch the race....or any IRL race ever.

Al Czervik
05-25-08, 10:21 PM
Danica taken out by a pit road accident?

"Instant karma's gonna get you. Gonna knock you right in the face."

And karma, like Danica is a beeyotch.

opinionated ow
05-25-08, 10:58 PM
i just saw the last 5 laps on the official site for polished turd wagons. s@#$! that was dreadful, commentators were awful, meira was flat despite being at the end of the race! snoozefest. bring back 1000hp, limited aeros and the like

Jervis Tetch 1
05-25-08, 11:28 PM
Danicle :laugh:

Fio1
05-25-08, 11:34 PM
All I have to say is, "the eye of the storm." And, "we can't call you iceman anymore, we have to call you {sigh} milkman!" :saywhat::shakehead:confused:

To be honest, I was surprised they interviewed the winner before Danica after the race. They interviewed her before 2nd & 3rd place. I guess they forgot who was more important!

cameraman
05-26-08, 02:19 AM
So I spent the day removing a couple of 40' aspens that finally died this spring and I cut & split about 1/2 a cord of firewood in the process.

I'm tired & a bit confused by the results of the race. Servia & Power were well off the pace in qualifying and had been complaining about how their cars were woefully slow. So how in holy hell did they manage to finish on the lead lap of a 500 mile race?

trish
05-26-08, 03:03 AM
Here's another good one. http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/8177058/IRL's-most-marketable-driver-needs-attitude-adjustment

Ankf00
05-26-08, 03:23 AM
i was on the couch half passed out and hungover.

much better experience than an earl event.

Cam
05-26-08, 04:07 AM
Here's another good one. http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/8177058/IRL's-most-marketable-driver-needs-attitude-adjustment

Nice find trish! :thumbup: I really liked this part.

Now, her detractors have a reason to hate her that's actually legitimate.

Except, I think we really have had a legitimate reason all along. :D

Elmo T
05-26-08, 06:11 AM
Here's a nice article. http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slug=ap-jimlitke-052508&prov=ap&type=lgns

Or this one:

she gave her critics more ammunition to back their assertions that she is nothing more than an over-hyped, under-talented driver that turns petulant when things don't go her way.

Now why would anyone say that? :saywhat:;)

Fio1
05-26-08, 06:41 AM
At the end of the day, Go Daddy would love it if she smacked somene after an on track incident. No one that matter's to her is going to say anything to her. Andretti-Green don't care, the amount of money Motorola & Go daddy bring is basically paying for 1/2 the team budget, including Marco's running cost. All these people are going to do is hype her up, saying she was right. Her entourage is the problem. It reminds me of the 15 people hanging around boxers before a fight.

The funny thing is, she talks like she's Michael Andretti, not someone with only 4 Indy 500's under her belt and who lucked into her 1 and only win. Next year she'll say {sigh} this place owes her one. :saywhat: She's a good oval driver, not that good of a racer, but she is a good step behind the likes of Dixon, Castoneves & Kanaan. The problem is she thinks she's above them. And, when the ex-cart boys get their stuff together, she'll struggle to get in the top 10...

Therefore, she better lose the entourage (Go Daddy, etc), get an ettitude adjustment or her 15-minutes will end real soon. Because, someone will find a better looking, more talented female driver with an education and some class and bring her to the Indy 500. I'm sure one of these European girls racing in Atlantics, F.BMW or F3 can fill that void.

emjaya
05-26-08, 07:42 AM
So how in holy hell did they manage to finish on the lead lap of a 500 mile race?

A yellow flag every 20 to 30 laps probably helped. ;)

Insomniac
05-26-08, 09:24 AM
All I have to say is, "the eye of the storm." And, "we can't call you iceman anymore, we have to call you {sigh} milkman!" :saywhat::shakehead:confused:

Kimi Raikkonen got there from Monaco???

opinionated ow
05-26-08, 09:53 AM
At the end of the day, Go Daddy would love it if she smacked somene after an on track incident. No one that matter's to her is going to say anything to her. Andretti-Green don't care, the amount of money Motorola & Go daddy bring is basically paying for 1/2 the team budget, including Marco's running cost. All these people are going to do is hype her up, saying she was right. Her entourage is the problem. It reminds me of the 15 people hanging around boxers before a fight.

The funny thing is, she talks like she's Michael Andretti, not someone with only 4 Indy 500's under her belt and who lucked into her 1 and only win. Next year she'll say {sigh} this place owes her one. :saywhat: She's a good oval driver, not that good of a racer, but she is a good step behind the likes of Dixon, Castoneves & Kanaan. The problem is she thinks she's above them. And, when the ex-cart boys get their stuff together, she'll struggle to get in the top 10...

Therefore, she better lose the entourage (Go Daddy, etc), get an ettitude adjustment or her 15-minutes will end real soon. Because, someone will find a better looking, more talented female driver with an education and some class and bring her to the Indy 500. I'm sure one of these European girls racing in Atlantics, F.BMW or F3 can fill that void.
Simona de Silvestro, Cyndie Allemann, Samantha Reid, Natacha Ganchang, Leanne Tander (and that is only the Aussie and Swiss ones...) all are better than her. All better looking too, and none of the 5 of them use that. All are getting to where they want to be based on their talents alone.

SurfaceUnits
05-26-08, 10:11 AM
poor danicle complaining about the peddle to the floor, slot car racing that made her famous. if she had to drive a proper car in a proper formula she would soon shut up.:yuck:

Sean Malone
05-26-08, 10:15 AM
Simona de Silvestro, Cyndie Allemann, Samantha Reid, Natacha Ganchang, Leanne Tander (and that is only the Aussie and Swiss ones...) all are better than her. All better looking too, and none of the 5 of them use that. All are getting to where they want to be based on their talents alone.

The American press will not get worked up over a foreign female driver the way they have with Danikers. Just the way it is.

stroker
05-26-08, 11:24 AM
The American press will not get worked up over a foreign female driver the way they have with Danikers. Just the way it is.

I would qualify that a bit more precisely. I'd say the .1RL wouldn't PROMOTE another foreign female driver the same way they would Danica. I think the MSM is simply shovelling out what IMS gives them more than anything else.

Fio1
05-26-08, 11:50 AM

Ya, they will! Go Daddy is a big reason why Danica is a house-hold name. Chipo likes to follow everyone's lead; hire ex-f1 guys (Zanardi), then F3000 Champions (Montoya, Junquiera), etc. So, watch him grab one of the above mentioned girls and bring her to Indy Lights. Target will promote the s**** out of her and then people will look at Danica like they look at Lynn St.James now. Dani who?

Sean Malone
05-26-08, 11:57 AM
Ya, they will! Go Daddy is a big reason why Danica is a house-hold name. Chipo likes to follow everyone's lead; hire ex-f1 guys (Zanardi), then F3000 Champions (Montoya, Junquiera), etc. So, watch him grab one of the above mentioned girls and bring her to Indy Lights. Target will promote the s**** out of her and then people will look at Danica like they look at Lynn St.James now. Dani who?

Ok.

trish
05-26-08, 12:00 PM
Ok.

You are right. The press won't care unless she's American. Katherine only got attention because she was involved in a spectacular crash. Otherwise nobody cared.

Gary
05-26-08, 12:24 PM
You're assuming, of course, that one of the above mentioned girls would be willing to go to Indy Lights. Or even allow themselves to be grabbed by Chipo.

Michaelhatesfans
05-26-08, 12:41 PM
I didn't bother, I just checked out the results on Autosport this morning when I had finished reading the Monaco coverage.

I see it was won by a foreign road racing CART driver, one of the CART team owners that Tony thought was incompetent, and a Japanese CART engine supplier. The gomers must be thrilled.

ChrisB
05-26-08, 12:41 PM
It's already been mentioned elsewhere, but who else was annoyed by the GoDaddy commercial where the young female kart racer deliberately punts the other kid off the track, wins, and then gets congratulated by Danica?

That commercial was probably made by some advertising production folks with no racing background... but in a real-life kart league that girl would have been DQ'd (and probably suspended) for that punt.... NOT receiving the winners trophy.

Chief
05-26-08, 12:44 PM
That was, without a doubt, the most PATHETIC Indy 500 in the past 50 years. It's sickening what Tony George has allowed this sport to become. Even the pre-race was filled with Danica Danica Danica and revisionist theories of CART being the root of all evil. The race STUNK, it continues to stink, and frankly is DEAD. F U Tony George.

ABC/Disney/ESPN should be proud of their fine sensationalization of the ***-backwards flaunting of Danicamania. 30 laps after she wrecks in her whining filled 3 hr tirade/infomercial SHE gets a longer interview that the actual winner. The WINNER of the Indy 500 is now reduced to a mere mortal because of some bitchy little brat who whores herself in every possible way. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD even Paul Tracy has the f'n decency to get in his car and split when the race is over. They parade DANICA around like some showhorse....I wish SOME wife or girlfriend/hanger-on broad would have come over the wall and kicked her ***. Flatten her nose like a pancake. Real Indy back in the day would have produced that....Indy today is for PANSIES. :thumdown::shakehead:yuck::flame:

trish
05-26-08, 12:48 PM
It's all about Danica. Indy who? lol

Michaelhatesfans
05-26-08, 01:02 PM
....I wish SOME wife or girlfriend/hanger-on broad would have come over the wall and kicked her ***. Flatten her nose like a pancake. Real Indy back in the day would have produced that....

So, when she finally takes a swing at one of the guys, who is going to condemn the driver that hits her back twice as hard? Not that I would condone such a thing, of course...

(whistles innocently)

Sean O'Gorman
05-26-08, 01:11 PM
You are right. The press won't care unless she's American. Katherine only got attention because she was involved in a spectacular crash. Otherwise nobody cared.

I think that is more of a reflection of the series she was in, not the fact that she was British.

trish
05-26-08, 01:17 PM
How much attention is Dunno getting in the press?

Corner5
05-26-08, 01:26 PM
Redux: Indy 500 2005- Danica fishtails her car on the restart and takes out Tomas Enge and Scheckter who were contenders in the race on her way to a 4th place finish.

All the Danicamania and Helio "dancing star" with the buyout of CC and the place was only 75% full at best. Of course they are already lying about attendance- its 300K!!! It doesn't even seat that many.

RIPOW Thanks Tony ,for fixing things.

NismoZ
05-26-08, 01:33 PM
Yes, I recall a few hopeful postings about the possibility of Paul Tracy being the first to punch her out after merger. Now we don't even have THAT to look forward to...I hear he's testing a friggin' NASTRUCK at Chicagoland Wednesday.:shakehead

morgahorse
05-26-08, 01:56 PM
Am I understanding this correctly? Briscoe could have avoided her, yet she couldn't avoid a pit crew member, right?

Sean O'Gorman
05-26-08, 03:29 PM
How much attention is Dunno getting in the press?

The same as Sarah Fisher, or any other female backmarker.