PDA

View Full Version : Monaco 2008

Insomniac
05-24-08, 11:22 AM
I missed practice, but looking at times, Ferrari's weren't the fastest, I expected McLaren on pole this weekend. Ferrari's running light?

Rosberg in 6th! :thumbup:

How does the fuel work for Coulthard? Did they have to declare it before Q3 started? Can they fill as they wish once the car is repaired?

Nelson Piquet really sucks. Did Alonso really need that much of an uncompetitive team mate?

oddlycalm
05-24-08, 05:37 PM
We won't know if anyone was light until after the first pit stop, and maybe not even then. Could be that Ferrari was working on race setups during practice and hadn't shown their cards. Wouldn't be the first time.

Piquet is looking very weak but he is very well connected. What is clear is that Alonso is doing reasonably well with a care that isn't reasonably good.

No idea what the story is on Coulthard's fuel load, but I doubt anyone other than Coulthard actually cares. :laugh: Including Charlie Whiting....:D

oc

Jervis Tetch 1
05-24-08, 08:08 PM
:rofl:

ilferrari
05-25-08, 10:28 AM
How lucky was Hamilton with his crash? They fuelled his car for 40 laps and the pace car then put him behind the leaders again.

morgahorse
05-25-08, 10:46 AM
Well Kimi has some fast reflexes, faster than Coulthard, but poor Sutil.

Chaos
05-25-08, 11:17 AM
At the risk of going against that popular opinion, I don't enjoy street courses (especially narrow and virtually impassible ones like Monaco) when it rains.

Rogue Leader
05-25-08, 11:38 AM
That was a great race!

Sutil-Mania!!!

I still maintain there are currently no ride-buyers in F1 (aside from Nakajima, but even he is no Gaston Mazzacane)

nissan gtp
05-25-08, 12:28 PM
interesting race. I really liked the Champ Car-esque timed ending :laugh:

Insomniac
05-25-08, 01:28 PM
Pretty boring for the most part. Some small things here and there during the rain part. Mostly just drivers screwing up themselves (Hamilton, Kimi and Massa). Whiting got Ferrari good. Taking more than 10 laps and a safety car period to rule Ferrari put tires on too late for Kimi. Hamilton was flying for a lot of that race. Too bad for Sutil and Force India. I was hoping Kubica could make a race of it at the end, but Hamilton had it going. Dumb move by Ferrari to not pit Massa right after Kubica for slicks.

JLMannin
05-25-08, 03:22 PM
Well Kimi has some fast reflexes, faster than Coulthard, but poor Sutil.

I felt bad for Sutil. Hopefully, this will cause the fire of competition to burn even stonger in him.

racermike
05-25-08, 04:53 PM
One of the best Monaco races in years!

The drama went from start to finish, and race could have gone to anyone.

extramundane
05-25-08, 05:16 PM
I felt bad for Sutil. Hopefully, this will cause the fire of competition to burn even stonger in him.

I've said a lot of bad stuff about his abilities, but he drove a great race today. It also solidified my belief that Fisi needs to go away.

opinionated ow
05-25-08, 05:53 PM
I've said a lot of bad stuff about his abilities, but he drove a great race today. It also solidified my belief that Fisi needs to go away.

Fisichella didn't have 2nd gear for the entire race

extramundane
05-25-08, 06:13 PM
Fisichella didn't have 2nd gear for the entire race

And he's made a practice of having his ass handed to him by his teammates for years now. 2nd gear or not, he got schooled by Adrian Freaking Sutil today.

Tim
05-25-08, 09:51 PM
I watched it after Indy. Made it so much better. I was hoping Kubica would have found a way to pull it out.

oddlycalm
05-25-08, 10:27 PM
That was a great race!

Sutil-Mania!!!

I still maintain there are currently no ride-buyers in F1 (aside from Nakajima, but even he is no Gaston Mazzacane) Agreed, it's a pretty decent grid top to bottom including the recently departed Super Aguri. Nakajima scored points BTW. Who would have predicted Piquet Jr. to be the weak sister in the field?

I'd have to say that GP2 is doing a good job preparing drivers.

oc

Winston Wolfe
05-26-08, 10:45 AM
One of the best Monaco races in years!

The drama went from start to finish, and race could have gone to anyone.

I'm with ya, RM.... :thumbup:

Just like last year in CC and in some F1 races, any time you can add rain to the mix (not the horrible downpours, but a wet-to-drying track...) it takes out fuel economy runs, makes drivers take risks, and tire strategy can significantly help \ hurt a drivers chance to win... Doornbos last year in CC was a great example.
I really like this year's Monaco... good race, some risky passes and overall a good time spent on the couch... Sutil was unluckiest out of everyone !

Gnam
05-26-08, 06:03 PM
Tough luck for Seabass. So far he's cracked up two of Toro Rosso's new cars while Vettel cruised to the team's best result ever. In the what have you done for me lately category, Bourdais is not first. And to quote Ricky Bobby, "If you're not first, you're last." :gomer:

Rogue Leader
05-26-08, 11:30 PM
Agreed, it's a pretty decent grid top to bottom including the recently departed Super Aguri. Nakajima scored points BTW. Who would have predicted Piquet Jr. to be the weak sister in the field?

Thats the thing, Kaz is technically a ridebuyer, but in reality the guy aint horrible, and a helllll of a lot better than his father ever could have hoped to be.

Easy
05-27-08, 11:15 AM
Who would have predicted Piquet Jr. to be the weak sister in the field?

oc

ME! :D

He bought his BF3 title then struggled a bit in GP2 when he couldn't just outspend the field. He's certainly no Can Artam but he's no Nico Rosberg either.