PDA

View Full Version : F1 feed fubar'ed?

robot9000
05-24-08, 10:42 AM
Okay, I tried to watch the F1 Qual's on Speed, but it was all messed up. That digital pixalate/freeze thing. I heard that this year there might be some problems for some TV due to high sun spot activity affecting sat's and the transmission of some broadcast material (nope. Not making that up, lol). Is this happening to anyone else in North Amer or just my 15x12 piece of the continent?

Do I bitch at my local cable provider on a holiday weekend (read:do nothing) or is it a problem for everyone and I just have to blame god/mothernature/Spicoli, etc?

BZSetshot
05-24-08, 10:58 AM
Good on this end: Comcast northern NJ.

trish
05-24-08, 11:09 AM
I've been having problems with that off and on, the most recent occurence being last Saturday night.

Insomniac
05-24-08, 11:18 AM
Quals were fine for me on SPEED HD from DirecTV.

Andrew Longman
05-24-08, 12:13 PM
Fine on reg def DirecTV in NW Jersey

STD
05-24-08, 05:22 PM
Must have been very localized sun spots. :eek:

Spicoli
05-24-08, 05:34 PM
Okay, I tried to watch the F1 Qual's on Speed, but it was all messed up. That digital pixalate/freeze thing. I heard that this year there might be some problems for some TV due to high sun spot activity affecting sat's and the transmission of some broadcast material (nope. Not making that up, lol). Is this happening to anyone else in North Amer or just my 15x12 piece of the continent?

Do I bitch at my local cable provider on a holiday weekend (read:do nothing) or is it a problem for everyone and I just have to blame god/mothernature/Spicoli, etc?

I'll take the hit.

:beerme:

btw check out The Whip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfEgfpLxVIQ

hot girl drummers rule. :thumbup:

oddlycalm
05-24-08, 05:40 PM
No problems with Crapcast cable, other than the dreadful SD picture.

oc

Audi_A4
05-24-08, 05:49 PM
SPEED was fine on Rogers cable in Toronto

cameraman
05-24-08, 08:17 PM
All was fine with the DishNetwork feed.

robot9000
05-26-08, 10:57 AM
okay, I'm going to have to take a copy of this thread over to Brighthouse and bitch tomorrow. Could not watch one second. Whole thing was a digital noise blob. :confused:

Cam
05-27-08, 03:31 AM
okay, I'm going to have to take a copy of this thread over to Brighthouse and bitch tomorrow. Could not watch one second. Whole thing was a digital noise blob. :confused:

You can find it on bittorrent. I was unable to keep my eyes open thru the whole telecast (Started at 11PM) so I pulled it down via a torrent.

On a side note, man I miss speeds coverage and commentary team. Absolutely the best evar! :thumbup: