PDA

View Full Version : Transaction of the Day

IlliniRacer
05-23-08, 03:17 PM
Golden Baseball League

CALGARY VIPERS-Traded RHP John Odom to Laredo (UL) for equipment.

Not only did the guy get traded for equipment, but to Laredo, TX :laugh:

Time for Mr Odom to hang 'em up and start selling Kenmores to old ladies.

ChampcarShark
05-23-08, 05:47 PM
:confused::confused:

Time for retirement sounds more appropiate.

cameraman
05-23-08, 06:52 PM
Turns out Odom has a minor, unspecified criminal conviction on his record that the Vipers did not know about when they signed him. So he tries to go to Canada and the Canadian government refuse to allow him in the country. So much for that job.

So they traded him to Texas for 10 Prairie Sticks Maple Bats, double-dipped black 34-inch C243 style.:saywhat:

Sean O'Gorman
05-24-08, 03:05 AM
I wonder what kind of equipment the Indians could get for David Dellucci.

Ankf00
05-24-08, 03:49 AM
Laredo, Calgary, I mean, is there really a difference other than snow?

TravelGal
05-24-08, 04:15 AM
I thought I was in a time-warp until I had a minute to look up this story. John Odom means "Blue Moon" to me. I figured if he was still playing, he'd be lucky to be traded for bats. More like petrified wood.

Mr. Vengeance
05-24-08, 10:14 AM
Could have been worse:

BUCHAREST -- Romanian second division soccer club UT Arad sold a player in exchange for 15 kilograms of meat, local sport daily Pro Sport reported on Monday.

However, fourth division Regal Horia made a bad deal because defender Marius Cioara decided to end his footballing career and take off to Spain to find a job in agriculture or construction.

"We are upset because we lost twice -- firstly because we lost a good player and secondly because we lost our team's food for a whole week," a Regal Horia official was quoted as saying by the daily in its electronic edition.

chop456
05-24-08, 11:10 AM
I didn't realize this kind of thing ever happened besides the old "...and a used puck bag" joke.

Sweet.

Sean O'Gorman
05-24-08, 11:20 AM
I heard that Ank was going to be traded to CCF for a server to be named later.