PDA

View Full Version : Media Day in Milwaukee

HolyCrap
05-19-03, 05:49 PM
Just back from media day at the track. Bruno was the only driver there and he did a nice job. I asked him about driving under the lights:

"This will be the first time I race under the lights, and the only thing I can compare it to is that I like to play tennis. I play tennis in the day and I play tennis at night with lights."

Yeah, that's it....just like tennis.

Says with the new aero package the race could see two lines all the way around....more grip/less straight line speed.

Says someday he wants to go back to Indy and win "That thing."

New grandstand looks huge.
It's gonna be great.

Railbird
05-19-03, 06:01 PM
Thanks for the report HC.

Let's hope the wing package gives us something other than the huggy pole nonsense we saw at Germany. I'm hoping the shorter circuit, mile rather than two, forces them up off the bottom.

HolyCrap
05-19-03, 06:12 PM
Rail,
That's what I'm thinking.
I'm seeing the pull out for the pass coming into One...not quite pulling it off and a driver being able to stay outside and fight the fight two wide through there. That's the way it used to be here!

Hink
05-19-03, 07:38 PM
Yeah - that "huggy pole nonsense" got me fired up about Lautsiz and I really like that track.

I am guessing that we may not see that so much in Milwaukee since the turns are tighter but I don't know for sure. I'm longing for the 2 line racing I used to see there when I was a kid, before CART "fixed" the wing rules.