PDA

View Full Version : Davey Hamilton

Spicoli
05-21-08, 11:03 PM
courtesy M-holes find. just tooooo good not to share:

To hire a short-track Idaho Hillbilly, that just wasn’t going to happen. With Tony George doing the oval series, I as a driver was more attractive to some of the owners to run ovals and that gave me the opportunity.

The idiocy of ___king Tony is amazing. Only topped by these tards who STILL subscribe to the lemming mantra.

http://sports.yahoo.com/irl/news;_ylt=AmJK50gZAkqXpy9ys0KsWnjRv7YF?slug=txindy 500hamilton&prov=st&type=lgns

please someone make this all go away. :thumdown:

cart7
05-22-08, 07:14 AM
Why get your knickers in a knot?

He's right, had the IRL not been formed Davey never would've gotten a look in CART unless he had brought one big ol check with him. Ancient history.

Not sure where he fits in now, what with the IRL on the cusp of transforming their schedule to something laden with way more streets and roads than a Rand McNally map.

Unless he's going to take some lessons at Derek Daleys driving school, he'll be more lap traffic that Viso can punt out of the way. :tony:

Andrew Longman
05-22-08, 08:15 AM
He's not going anywhere outside of Indy, lame ass HP sponsorship or not.

He's not needed by TG or anyone else.

The same things that kept him out of a ride in 95 will keep him out now, except he is older and the series poorer.

Jervis Tetch 1
05-24-08, 08:00 PM
:laugh:

Fio1
05-24-08, 10:22 PM
two years ago he had money but there weren't any engines available and he didn't run. there's a strange problem for you; have money, but can't get a seat. i like hamilton, he and billy boat are my favorite from the oval track guys. he tried to qualify once or twice under cart if i recall, once for sure in 95 or 94.