PDA

View Full Version : Happy Camper

Brickman
05-20-08, 04:42 PM
Time flys, it seemed just like yesterday when I mentioned c-o-l-l-e-g-e... http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3822

Well she did it. Dual degree B.S and B.A. and Minor, along with graduating with honors! 4 years, 167 units. Honestly... if someone thought to establish paternity, I might break out in a sweat. ;) Simply put, a highlight of my life.

I thought the first 18 years to graduating from school went fast, these four years simply flew. Warning to young parents... It is impossible to slow life down enough to enjoy your kids growing up.

It was pouring rain for commencement... outside! Governor Paterson and Senator Schumer spoke briefly. The kids had fun, I got soaked letting my ex use my umbrella, but what the heck... and what a great relief.

Here is some are some pics from their website.

http://www.hofstra.edu/Home/News/PressReleases/051908_commencementupdate.html

Now... if only American Airlines could find my freakin luggage that has my suit, camera, ipod and her tassel, honor stole & medal that dad was going to keep safe, I could exhale.

Sean Malone
05-20-08, 04:56 PM
Congrats! Quite an accomplishment.:thumbup:

Mine is graduating high school in two weeks and will be attending UCF in the Fall. When we moved down to FL last summer the high school informed us that she need to be bumped up to a senior (tells you a little about FL public schools. eek) so we were caught college hunting a year earlier than expected. But it all worked out. We were only able to get $10K in grants and scholarships (everything helps) and they tell me I make too much to get any FASFA aid.
So, "sign on the dotted line" I go.
It's worth it though. New boat will have to wait. ;)

Gnam
05-20-08, 06:28 PM
New boat will have to wait. ;)
Don't forget the wedding. :Noboatforyou: ;)

oddlycalm
05-20-08, 09:08 PM
Congratulations on the graduation. Now the good stuff starts. :thumbup:

oc

SteveH
05-20-08, 09:32 PM
Congrats to you and your daughter Scott. It is a great feeling, my youngest graduated from Purdue 11 days ago. Time does fly, his four years at college went by so quickly. But I'm glad its over and he's on his way. He accepted a job offer last week that he interviewed for on the morning of his graduation.

Sometimes, life is good, very good.:thumbup:

Indy
05-21-08, 01:40 AM
Congrats, guys. Seems a long way off now, but I am sure time will fly.