PDA

View Full Version : Firefox RC 1

Sean Malone
05-18-08, 09:47 PM
3.0. Got it earlier today. Nice refinement.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-rc.html

meadors
05-18-08, 10:49 PM
It threw out all my bookmarks, has no return to last page button, and generally pissed me off!:flame:

I must have screwed it up on installation

meadors
05-18-08, 10:52 PM
ok fixed the back button, but still no bookmarks

Insomniac
05-18-08, 11:16 PM
It's a separate install on Windows according to the release notes. There's also a new bookmark system. Maybe it's not supposed to have any bookmarks?

racermike
05-19-08, 01:00 AM
Remember is just a preview release, so probably still chock full of bugs

I still use Firefox, but it has not been the same performance wise since version 2.08

Every release since then crashes more, hogs more memory and locks up, and has tons of problems with flash

Insomniac
05-19-08, 08:47 AM

I still use Firefox, but it has not been the same performance wise since version 2.08

Every release since then crashes more, hogs more memory and locks up, and has tons of problems with flash

I'm with you on the memory hog. I just upgraded the RAM in my main PC, so now it doesn't matter, but it's the worst of everything. It accumulates memory and never releases it. Clearly leaking. Oracle 10g Express is next on my list. Is it a leak if Windows reports how much memory the program is using. After I installed Oracle 10g Express, the numbers in the task manager don't add up to actual usage. There's like 200-300 MB not showing up.

Stu
05-19-08, 12:39 PM

why not just stick with 2.08 then?

meadors
05-19-08, 04:01 PM
I should have read the notes before installing, I think 3.0 overwrote 2.08, hence the bookmarks gone.:(

nissan gtp
05-19-08, 05:11 PM
Installed clean on my system, running it now.

No problems other than some missing plug-ins.

It's faster too.

RusH
05-19-08, 05:16 PM
My bookmarks disappeared once before. :shakehead

Anyhow...I did a little looking around for somthing competely different.

Maxthon 2.1 with the winamp skin... :thumbup:
So far so good...Firefox is getting too big anyway.:D