PDA

View Full Version : Gomers upset

Spicoli
05-18-08, 10:55 AM
Evidently, Sum 41 was tyhrowing out F bombs yesterday, and it even made it thru the live webcast thingy. Well, who is the moron booking these bands? I've seen Sum 41 afore and they are a bunch of nu-metal/skaetpunk/poptards. Not bad, if you like that genre. It begs the question - WTF is the EARL thinking? :shakehead You wanna play nice and have stuff for all ages, I can dig that. Yesterday the had OK GO, who are kinda fun, and last week, The Bravery were there, today its Xtian rock dood John McLaughlin (sp?).

so that brings us to this Friday coming up. Stone Temple Piolts. :D Oh Dear.

Here's a little excerpt from bad boy Scott Weiland - leading singer, cheif get in trubble guy for the band.

WARNING - SCOTT DROPS SOME BIG NASTY WORDS HERE - NSFW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdpNX1WGvOg

The point is - there are multiple pages of meltdowns accross the EARL innerweb sites regarding this use of profanity. Do they not research what is typical stage behavior? Like everything else, - FAIL. :tony:

Sean Malone
05-18-08, 11:16 AM
One month festival of speed!!

:gomer:

Chaos
05-18-08, 11:52 AM
One month festival of speed!!

:gomer:

....and coke, the white powder kind (not that there's anything wrong with that)

I wonder if they'll use Weiland's mug shot in the media guide. He's got a new one too!

Insomniac
05-18-08, 12:16 PM
They seem to at least have an Alternative Rock theme going as opposed to every genre they could find. Someone definitely should have screened the music before hand and asked them to avoid the curse words before booking them.

Chief
05-18-08, 12:53 PM
Having Ludacris last year was great publicity too.

"And I’m up to this
Having sex in private jets
Menage e trois
Getting buck wild no matter where we are
Indy 500 in the back of the car"

Lowest common denominator racing desperate for any attention anywhere.

NismoZ
05-18-08, 02:19 PM
So, that's why the Gene Simmon's sex tape just went public? Just doing promotion work? I don't think he was swearing while he was doing it though, so I guess it was OK.

TedN
05-18-08, 06:28 PM
Several years ago at the U.S. Grand Prix, local artist Cathy Morris (http://www.cathymorris.com/home.htm) entertained us. Very nice tunes indeed.

Ted

Spicoli
05-18-08, 07:01 PM
Several years ago at the U.S. Grand Prix, local artist Cathy Morris (http://www.cathymorris.com/home.htm) entertained us. Very nice tunes indeed.

Ted

She lives right behind me. :D Nice lady.

Sean Malone
05-18-08, 07:03 PM
She lives right behind me. :D Nice lady.

Braggart!

Insomniac
05-18-08, 11:24 PM
This slipped my mind until this afternoon watching the Celtics game, but the crowd chanting "bull-$#$#!" is pretty common at sporting events.

Dave99
05-19-08, 12:50 AM
They seem to at least have an Alternative Rock theme going as opposed to every genre they could find.
Well, if you consider the IRL as the alternative to every genre of open wheel racing, it all makes sense in a Pavlovian sort of way. :D

http://employees.csbsju.edu/tcreed/pb/acq1.gif

Ziggy
05-19-08, 09:08 AM
the big question, Tony wanted to make IMS more "family friendly" buy basically eliminating the party in the infield.

yet

hires Gene Simmons as the "league" spokesman, and has to hire rock bands to lure in the jacktards.

SurfaceUnits
05-19-08, 01:59 PM
weren't many there to get upset, accourse people who go to indy aren't real race fans, they're there for the pajintry and the drawmer.

http://pixpipeline.com/s/9f4cdad4b0a2.jpg

Spicoli
05-19-08, 04:33 PM
i tooked that picture. :D

oddlycalm
05-19-08, 05:05 PM
Enough month long idiocy to burn a whole in the ozone layer...:tony::shakehead

oc

eiregosod
05-19-08, 05:09 PM
Are any two people's eyes focussed on the same point in that picture?

Don Quixote
05-19-08, 05:56 PM
"Don't everybody crowd to the front. Give the speakers some air please."

Indy
05-19-08, 10:54 PM
http://pixpipeline.com/s/9f4cdad4b0a2.jpg

That's it, I am going on a diet. :laugh:

SurfaceUnits
05-20-08, 10:46 AM
i tooked that picture. :Dhehehe Coke ZERO quite the appropriate sponsor

Spicoli
05-20-08, 11:08 AM
hehehe Coke ZERO quite the appropriate sponsor

That was on fAsT FridAY! yo!

It was cold, but absolutely no race fans there. The only folks there fell into 2 categories:

1. gomers
2. corporate entertainment customers.

Thanks National City Bank!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

SurfaceUnits
05-20-08, 12:09 PM
That's it, I am going on a diet. :laugh:you should try to get a life too:shakehead

swift
05-21-08, 12:01 AM
needs more pennywise (http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/state/20080420-0054-ca-concertmelee.html).
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm54/swift011c/MoreCops.jpg

Indy
05-21-08, 01:37 AM
you should try to get a life too:shakehead

That was a jokey, SU.

Does anyone remember laughter?

Sean Malone
05-21-08, 07:07 AM
That was a jokey, SU.

Does anyone remember laughter?

I remember I laughed at your hat and Ferrari backback. Does that help?:rofl:

Indy
05-21-08, 09:24 AM
I remember I laughed at your hat and Ferrari backback. Does that help?:rofl:

You must be thinking of Spicster and his pal Max.

I am a McLaren fan.

SurfaceUnits
05-21-08, 09:34 AM
That was a jokey, SU.

Does anyone remember laughter?9 out of 10 gomers surveyed say that looking at the boobs on that stage is not living

Indy
05-21-08, 09:35 AM
You do know that I was not actually there, right? :laugh:

SurfaceUnits
05-21-08, 09:40 AM
You do know that I was not actually there, right? :laugh:

we know. no one who frequents OW web forums really goes to the track, not in 'murica anyways

NismoZ
05-21-08, 12:44 PM

SurfaceUnits
05-21-08, 12:48 PM
the gomeratti are counting on the 2012 super bowl to rescue the crapfest... hehehehe grasp at any straw you can gomers :shakehead

cameraman
05-21-08, 12:57 PM
Umm okay what?

SurfaceUnits
05-21-08, 02:48 PM
Umm okay what?

gomers are hoping the superbowl revellers get drunked enough to remember there used to be an important automobile race around here somewhere.

Insomniac
05-21-08, 03:12 PM
the gomeratti are counting on the 2012 super bowl to rescue the crapfest... hehehehe grasp at any straw you can gomers :shakehead

Are they running Indy 500 the Saturday before the Super Bowl?

pchall
05-21-08, 03:12 PM
Some of those guys are probably already in brownsville.

....and coke, the white powder kind (not that there's anything wrong with that)

I wonder if they'll use Weiland's mug shot in the media guide. He's got a new one too!

SurfaceUnits
05-21-08, 05:04 PM
Are they running Indy 500 the Saturday before the Super Bowl?

BIf volunteered to keep them drunked up for 3 months

SurfaceUnits
05-21-08, 05:06 PM
Only tooked this one 8 years to figure out he's been gomered:

I decided Tony George is Satin..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was completely behind his original vision.. the IRL had my total support 2000-02.. then Tony got suduced by the dark side.. he couldnt resist the smell of foriegn Japanese dollars.. he let in Honda and Toyota things changed alot.. leases.. more euro noname ride buyers that noone ever heard of.. or cares about.. dropping ovals.. addings belle aisle and watkins glen.. kicking Chevy out basiclly.. his visions kept changing.. I stuck with him as long as I could thinking WTF..

but now since the buyout.. dont call it a merger.. hes made alot more changes.. like calling the IPS Indylights.. that was a CART name.. some say hes going to use the Vanderbuilt Cup.. a fake CART trophy.. he says the next gen engine could use turbos.. CART had turbos.. the final straw was he said he could invision a schedule kinda like CART used to have.. he said 6 ovals.. 6 RCs.. and 6 street parades.. 666.. its obvius Tony George is the devil..

G.
05-21-08, 05:16 PM
Only tooked this one 8 years to figure out he's been gomered:You do realize that it's some Bif-wannabe parodying Paff, right?

SurfaceUnits
05-21-08, 05:49 PM
yes, but it's true for a number of them :laugh:

I think most Version1 gomers are at the dirt tracks watching the negst generation of neckcar drivers

Spicoli
05-21-08, 11:04 PM
You do realize that it's some Bif-wannabe parodying Paff, right?

nah, really? :saywhat:

nrc
05-22-08, 02:01 AM
Enough about people on other forums.

Indy
05-22-08, 08:35 AM
I dunno boss, I amagione he is here in spirit. :laugh:

SurfaceUnits
05-23-08, 11:30 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Franck Perera & Enrique Bernoldi

This might be the most unmarketable driver lineup in the history of Indycar racing. Good grief!

Who the hell is going to buy tickets to watch either of these fools. Since they both have zero oval experience, hopefully they will make it thru this year intact.

We get this crap when guys like Barron, Lazier, Hearn, Geibler, etc are not on the grid.
:laugh:

Jervis Tetch 1
05-24-08, 07:59 PM
:laugh: