PDA

View Full Version : James Garner.

emjaya
05-14-08, 09:24 AM
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Actor James Garner, best known for starring in the classic television series "Maverick" and "The Rockford Files," underwent surgery this week after suffering a minor stroke, his spokeswoman said on Tuesday.

http://www.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idUSN1342989220080514

:(

Don Quixote
05-14-08, 12:34 PM
I hope he pulls through. He is one of the truely natural actors, i.e. I don't think it is very hard for him.

dando
05-14-08, 01:15 PM
The local news sez he's doing well. The Rockford Files was one of my faves growing up....I actually got busted turfing my high school's lawn my senior year doing "Rockfords!". :D Murphy's Romance is also one of my favorite romantic comedy movies. :thumbup:

-Kevin

cameraman
05-14-08, 05:59 PM
At least he is still alive...

When I saw the thread title I assumed he had died.

Gnam
05-14-08, 06:46 PM
Hope he feels better. Definately a race fan. :thumbup:

nissan gtp
05-14-08, 07:34 PM
always liked the guy, hope he does well.

TravelGal
05-14-08, 10:42 PM
At least he is still alive...

When I saw the thread title I assumed he had died.

I know what you mean. Fortunately I had read about this earlier in the day and seen a couple things saying this actually happened last week and he's doing okay.

We might want rule that thread titles with only a name either BE or NOT BE when someone dies. To be or not to be...... I think that's been said before.

Andrew Longman
05-15-08, 10:18 AM
A good guy and someone who bucked the Hollywood establishment and many very slanted business practices there. He has always been his own man, much like his Rockford character.

Michaelhatesfans
05-15-08, 10:39 AM
The Rockford Files was one of my faves growing up....I actually got busted turfing my high school's lawn my senior year doing "Rockfords!"

We had a gravel driveway, and I had gotten pretty good at that high speed reverse/180 degree spin/drive away thing. That is, until the first time that I encouraged someone to watch me do it. In which case the front of the car swung around and wrapped itself around a tree...:tony:

Sean Malone
05-15-08, 02:32 PM
"You need your butt kicked across the state line and I'm wearin' the boots that'll do it". - Jim Rockford