PDA

View Full Version : The last kool-aid swigging journo still at the bar?

pchall
05-19-03, 04:31 PM
link (http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/5892263.htm)

Read this and wonder.

And Webbie has an interesting coda.

link (http://66.223.17.243/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=027104)

Hot Rod Otis
05-19-03, 04:51 PM
Yeah I saw "Northsnore's" TF "No Bumping was a good thing" thread @ work, but didn't have time to post a link to it.

I guess that makes it official in lemmingland now that Webbie has declared that no bumping is a good thing.:rolleyes: The spin over there is rather amusing. From Defender's bleating about "biased" journos who don't tow the IMS party line, to the hysteria over RM & Derek Daly's comments, to the pleas from Defender that people who don't blindly follow IMS policy like he does, to please stay away so his little Indycentric fantasy world doesn't get distrubed. And to think, those bozo's consider themselves to be the "real race fans"..
:rolleyes:

doppelganger
05-19-03, 04:59 PM
How pathetic. I think the term journalist is taking a hit this week.

rabbit
05-19-03, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Hot Rod Otis
The spin over there is rather amusing. From Defender's bleating about "biased" journos who don't tow the IMS party line, to the hysteria over RM & Derek Daly's comments, to the pleas from Defender that people who don't blindly follow IMS policy like he does, to please stay away so his little Indycentric fantasy world doesn't get distrubed. Did you see I got mentioned?
If I'm p!$$ing off ol' Hooter, I must be doing something right! :)

Napoleon
05-19-03, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by rabbit
Did you see I got mentioned?
If I'm p!$$ing off ol' Hooter, I must be doing something right! :)

give us a link

Railbird
05-19-03, 05:17 PM
Hooter and Web are more of a cause for embarrassment to Indy fans than a Foyt tirade and Sarah love fest combined.

Clueless and proud of it is no way to go through life.

Napoleon
05-19-03, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Railbird
Clueless and proud of it is no way to go through life.

You kill me 'bird.

rabbit
05-19-03, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Napoleon
give us a link http://66.223.17.243/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=027085

Originally posted by the cable guy:

In this age of Jayson Blair at the NY Times, reality television, and writers who have stupidly begun to think THEY'RE part of the story and other such scandals, it's not surprising that a small number of pundits who dislike Tony George will go to great, selfish, hostile lengths to try and tear down nearly a century of history and the basis for all auto racing in this country.
One need look no further than their behavior this month for proof. It's been more reprehensible than at any other time in history. We have begun to see what a dangerous combination ego, stupidity, arrogance and hostility can be, particularly when you've got access to column space, whether in Lima, Ohio or a national network.

Jenkins and Arute are inspirational because they respect the history and tradition, and realize both existed long before 1979, unlike some who SHOULD know better.

I think Jenkins and Arute understated their point as well. Class. Pure class. But the point is valid, regardless of the volume of the cacaphony of bleating we'll no doubt hear from now until next season, whether we're willing to or not.

Don Quixote
05-19-03, 07:19 PM
Unbelievable. Do you think the lemmings really believe what they are saying? Is koolaide that powerful?

RacinM3
05-19-03, 07:43 PM
Wow, that hwc thread is totally, I mean totally different than it was when I saw it this morning. The original poster was getting called on the carpet for the original post, many times by TF faithful, and all those posts are now missing from the thread.

I'm a member there, but have 0 posts. I'll probably get banned there from what I posted right here.

pchall
05-19-03, 08:40 PM
Yes it is.

Produces one heck of a consensual mass delusion.

Napoleon
05-20-03, 06:02 AM
PC - the funny thing is that if back in 94 a secretary to an asst. pr person for a CART team was overheard in a bar saying that IMS should limit entries to the first 33 Northshore/Webbie and others would still be talking about how CART tried to destroy the 500.