PDA

View Full Version : Are there any Kyle Busch fans here?

trish
05-12-08, 07:02 PM
That kid is fun to watch. He's young, fast, cocky, and has a swagger about him. Hard not to like in my book. I can't figure why anyone hates him.

opinionated ow
05-12-08, 07:44 PM
i just like that he will race anything anywhere. he is like a NASCAR outlaw

Sean O'Gorman
05-12-08, 07:59 PM
I like him, mostly because Dale Jr. has the most obnoxious fans on earth.

redmist
05-12-08, 11:48 PM
sorta paul tracy-esque. i don't follow nascar real close but i never got why everyone thinks he's such a prick, i always thought stewart was a bigger prick and he seems to have a lot of fans.

Indy
05-12-08, 11:53 PM
Don't question redneck logic. Just go with it. That's what they do. :gomer:

redmist
05-13-08, 12:32 AM
Don't question redneck logic. Just go with it. That's what they do. :gomer:

i knew i never should have went to college, all that money just wasted.:D;)

Accipiter
05-13-08, 01:23 PM
sorta paul tracy-esque. i don't follow nascar real close but i never got why everyone thinks he's such a prick, i always thought stewart was a bigger prick and he seems to have a lot of fans.

I think Tracy's a prick, Stewart's a prick, and Bush is a prick too. So at least I'm consistent.

I like him, mostly because Dale Jr. has the most obnoxious fans on earth.

Jr's not a prick, but all of his fans are. Sometimes I think he must cringe looking at the stands and seeing all the a-holes he inherited from his Dad, who was a prick.

dando
05-13-08, 01:28 PM
That kid is fun to watch. He's young, fast, cocky, and has a swagger about him. Hard not to like in my book. I can't figure why anyone hates him.

He's a punk, but Jr. fans hate him, so he's aces in my book. :gomer: I :rofl: when he wrecked Jr. @ Richmond. :thumbup:

-Kevin

opinionated ow
05-13-08, 07:12 PM
I think Tracy's a prick, Stewart's a prick, and Bush is a prick too. So at least I'm consistent.
But, Tracy a Champ Car pre-2003 was great to watch, Tony Stewart is amazing in a midget (despite his enormous girth) and Busch is good fun to watch in anything with bumper bars.

Jr's not a prick, but all of his fans are. Sometimes I think he must cringe looking at the stands and seeing all the a-holes he inherited from his Dad, who was a prick.

He is also not that great a driver

Accipiter
05-14-08, 12:36 PM
He is also not that great a driver

Never said he was.

If you are suggesting a link between being a prick and being great, well you might be on to something, but if that is the case then I'll root for good-guy underdogs.

JohnHKart
05-14-08, 01:18 PM
I love him and my fellow racers on the slick track in Carson are fans too. We need somebody to get excited about. I wish it was Montoya upfront like that instead.

John

NismoZ
05-14-08, 02:19 PM
What's all this "prick" stuff? Don't even care and not important. If one ranks all 43 DRIVERS on any given weekend I'd say he's at least top 5, maybe 3 and arguably #1. (At least his mocking of the crybabies in the stands during intros on Mother's Day made him #1 in MY book that day!:))

trish
05-15-08, 07:39 AM
A little video.
eFil6_IGiV8

I'm not sure if that's from Windtunnel or that other show Dave does.

High Sided
05-15-08, 12:46 PM
kyle has made my girlfriend a fan so he's ok in my book ;)

Andrew Longman
05-15-08, 04:12 PM
I like that he is one of a rare few who actually prefers to drive a really loose car. It's nice see a car crabbing through the corner now and then. And if the average cup fans want to throw beer cans at him then I guess that's in his favor too. :D

Cam
05-15-08, 06:23 PM
A little video.

I'm not sure if that's from Windtunnel or that other show Dave does.

w00t! Chickenbuckets! :laugh:

RusH
05-16-08, 02:37 PM
:gomer:

Busch plans F1 test with Toyota

By Diego Mejia Friday, May 16th 2008, 17:12 GMT

Kyle Busch says he would be interested in trying Formula One and revealed he is currently working on setting up an F1 test with Toyota at the end of the year in Japan.

"I'm planning on retiring at 30 and going Formula One racing. How's that?," Busch joked at Lowe's Motor Speedway when asked about how long he would compete in NASCAR in comparison to Dale Jarrett, who will retire this weekend, aged 51, after racing in the Sprint All-Star Challenge.

The 23-year-old said he is not too old for Formula One yet and went on to disclose his plan to drive an F1 car for the first time at the end of this year when he goes to Japan to do NASCAR exhibition runs for Toyota.

"We're working on a test session right now at the end of November, or the beginning of December, sometime going to Japan and doing a little exhibition, to see what it's like," he said.

"We'll take a Cup car over there too and just run around there at either Twin-Ring or somewhere like that to show them what the Cup cars are like and try to get into a Formula One car too."

Busch did not discard embarking on a Formula One career, but he said he first wants to sample the g-forces and physics of the car and see how he does before he can say if he would seriously consider a move.

"We'll see how well I test first," Busch added. "We'll see if my neck can stand the g-forces of braking and everything. I wouldn't mind. If I can do it and if I'm good at it then I'll give it a shot and try it."

However, Busch said the racing part of F1 appeals the least to him, given the little overtaking that there is relative to NASCAR.

"It seems as though the racing isn't all that great," he said. "They get stuck in line, the aero takes over everything and Toyota is not necessarily one of those companies at the moment that's like Ferrari or McLaren, or like Renault was a couple of years ago.

"I don't think it's only a driver that you put in the seat that's going to make it go, you know. You need a little bit more of a car."

Busch, who's in his fourth full season at NASCAR's top level, currently leads the Sprint Cup Series driver standings and has won eight races between Cup, the Nationwide and Craftsman Truck Series.

extramundane
05-16-08, 02:38 PM
Well, he couldn't be any worse than Ralf was.

Fio1
05-16-08, 10:28 PM
He's my favorite nascar driver. I think he'll do decent in the F1 test.

TRANSAM
05-17-08, 01:40 AM

He's ugly.

Not as ugly as his brother though.

RusH
05-17-08, 10:06 AM
He's ugly.

Not as ugly as his brother though.

Kyle better watch out.....he is not pretty enough for F1. :laugh:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/thespartan117/coulthard_suit_melbourne_th.jpg

matthole
05-17-08, 11:11 AM
Kyle better watch out.....he is not pretty enough for F1. :laugh:

I don't know, I think with the hat and the whip he may fit right in over there. :gomer:
http://www.motorsport.com/photos/nascar-cup/2008/dar/nascarcup-2008-dar-as-0202.jpg

trish
07-12-08, 11:23 PM
The wins just keep on coming.

dando
07-12-08, 11:38 PM
I love him because the Jr. fans hate him (and Cab fans in general). :laugh: :thumbup:

-Kevin

Michaelhatesfans
07-14-08, 03:32 AM
I think Kyle Busch would have been about 8 years old when I watched my last NASCAR race.

But I do know this: Every time he wins in a Toyota, that makes Jimmy Spencer's life unpleasant for a few moments, and it's hard to put a price on that.:thumbup:

Keep it up, Kyle. I still have no interest in watching and I wouldn't know you if I saw you, but keep it up.

trish
07-14-08, 06:35 AM
Why would Jimmy Spencer care if he wins in a Toyota?

Methanolandbrats
07-14-08, 07:03 AM
Why would Jimmy Spencer care if he wins in a Toyota? Jimmy is pissed about Pearl Harbor....he said so.

extramundane
07-14-08, 10:07 AM
I love him because the Jr. fans hate him (and Cab fans in general). :laugh: :thumbup:

Several years ago during the Richmond race weekend, he was screwing around in an Arby's parking lot, doing burnouts or donuts or something, and nearly plowed over a handful of people. I immediately decided he was a ****knob.

This year, given his ability to make NASCAR fans irate in the blink of an eye, I've forgiven him 100%.

The same reason Hideo Fukiyama was blamed for personally bombing Pearl Harbor. By people with both "The South Gon' Rise Agin" and "America: Love it or Leave It" stickers on their trucks, no less.

Stu
07-14-08, 10:49 AM
so now that Kyle Busch is being cheered at the track by neckar fans, do you guys hate him again? :p

Michaelhatesfans
07-14-08, 10:56 AM

When asked what he thought of Toyota entering NASCAR, the best he could come up with was, "Those sons of bitches bombed Pearl Harbor, don't forget."

Class act.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slug=dw-toyota&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

SurfaceUnits
07-14-08, 11:30 AM
yoda and honda and mitsubishi built them zero's

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/33/A6M2_Akagi.jpg/180px-A6M2_Akagi.jpg

opinionated ow
07-14-08, 11:37 AM
yoda and honda and mitsubishi built them zero's

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/33/A6M2_Akagi.jpg/180px-A6M2_Akagi.jpg

Used by a navy trained by the British...

JLMannin
07-14-08, 12:06 PM
I like that he is one of a rare few who actually prefers to drive a really loose car. It's nice see a car crabbing through the corner now and then. And if the average cup fans want to throw beer cans at him then I guess that's in his favor too. :D

I have not watched many races this season, but Kyle is fun to watch. I agree that the guys who prefer a loose care are the exciting ones to watch.

The fact that Jr. fans despise him increases his stock significantly as well.

My 6yo son likes to watch both F1 and NASCAR. He calls the the pace car the safety car and yellow flags "full course cautions" His favorite parts of both series are the pit stops. He literally runs around the room in excitement.

He thinks the IRL is boring and asks if there is any F1 or NASCAR to watch. He also thought Champcar was boring as well.

grungex
07-14-08, 08:44 PM
When asked what he thought of Toyota entering NASCAR, the best he could come up with was, "Those sons of bitches bombed Pearl Harbor, don't forget."

Class act.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slug=dw-toyota&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Of course, Spencer, that great patriot, drives a Dodge, whose parent company is Chrysler, which is owned by Daimler, which happens to be located in Germany.

:rolleyes:

Michaelhatesfans
07-14-08, 08:50 PM

Yep.

oddlycalm
07-15-08, 02:23 AM
I love him because the Jr. fans hate him Yup, I could care less about cabs but I can't help myself from mentioning each win to my brother in law who is a jr fan. :D

He's also been the hot pick this year in office pools. The faithful won't pick him so the wise get an easy pass. :gomer:

oc

Stu
07-15-08, 09:13 AM

what, should he drive a ford that was built in Mexico instead?

grungex
07-15-08, 12:09 PM
Don't really care, but whatever he drives, he should drive under a bus, forthwith...