PDA

View Full Version : 18th kid on the way.

G.
05-09-08, 12:49 PM
The Duggars are expecting their 18th child.:eek:

happy Mother's day! (http://www.newsweek.com/id/136148)

one of my fave inspirational posters:

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/5666/249270409664e6841faofd6.jpg

http://www.duggarfamily.com/

TravelGal
05-09-08, 02:29 PM
I wonder if those smiles are photoshopped?

dando
05-09-08, 02:49 PM
I wonder if those smiles are photoshopped?

It's drugs. I'm sure of it. :saywhat:

I saw this on the Today Show this AM. This is just so wrong. :\

-Kevin

TKGAngel
05-09-08, 02:50 PM
By now, the procreation process has to be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway.

In all seriousness, I wish them well with the pregnancy and can't wait to watch the trainwreck of their new TV show.

EVL29
05-09-08, 03:16 PM
Hey,someone is going to have to pay taxes to finance our Social Security.

Better that they have the worker drone/Kids so I don't have to.

Tim
05-09-08, 05:35 PM
They're all pretty ugly too.

Ankf00
05-09-08, 05:41 PM
arkiesaw :gomer:

opinionated ow
05-09-08, 06:20 PM
amish or mormon?

ChampcarShark
05-09-08, 06:27 PM
where does he works, and how much is he making?????? :confused::confused::confused:

cameraman
05-09-08, 06:40 PM
amish or mormon?

Wrong.

Conservative Baptist, Quiverfull believers.

...is a former state legislator who served in the Arkansas House of Representatives from 1999 to 2002. He is a real estate agent, and owns several commercial properties in his local area.

EVL29
05-09-08, 08:29 PM
They're all pretty ugly too.

The oldest gal,on the far right,is going to be quite spankable in about 5 years.

http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/devil-naughty.gif

oddlycalm
05-10-08, 12:00 AM
Thanks G., very disturbing. :thumbup:

Which one is the 7th son....? :D

oc

racermike
05-10-08, 12:23 AM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a47/Adman12/poster17360071.jpg

SteveH
05-10-08, 02:01 AM
The Dad's name is Jim Bob. :gomer: All the kids names start with the letter J. That should be limiting to a certain degree, I can't imagine there's an unlimited supply of J names. Of course, this could slow down if someone would just introduce the old man to Jack Off.

Cam
05-10-08, 07:40 AM
barefoot and pregnant surrenders.

emjaya
05-10-08, 09:23 AM
The Dad's name is Jim Bob. :gomer: All the kids names start with the letter J. That should be limiting to a certain degree, I can't imagine there's an unlimited supply of J names....

I'd say the girl called Jinger probably agrees with you there.

Jinger. :rolleyes:

devilmaster
05-10-08, 09:30 AM

maybe she'll marry Mr. Bell who lives down the road.

Thank you, thank you! I'll be here all week, don't forget to tip your waitress, and try the veal.

dando
05-10-08, 10:11 AM

Meredith V. screwed up pronouncing that one on the Today Show. She pronounced it like it looks it should instead of Ginger. :laugh:

-Kevin

rabbit
05-10-08, 11:46 AM
Who cares? Good for them. They seem to be a happy, well-adjusted lot. If they want to have, and can support, a large family, I say more power to 'em. :thumbup: Hey, at least they're not just popping out babies so they can pad their welfare check.

Brickman
05-10-08, 12:30 PM
Who cares? Good for them. They seem to be a happy, well-adjusted lot. If they want to have, and can support, a large family, I say more power to 'em. :thumbup: Hey, at least they're not just popping out babies so they can pad their welfare check.

Yea... I'd like to make fun of them, but being debt free alone with that size family is quite an accomplishment.

ChampcarShark
05-13-08, 11:31 AM

Now, what about that stimulus payment.

$300.00 for each child under 17. turns out to be a good amount of money.
Over $5,000.00.

That can help to keep them out of welfare.

oddlycalm
05-13-08, 02:09 PM
Good for them. They seem to be a happy, well-adjusted lot. Yeah, charming, little home-schooled soldiers in the army of social intolerance.

Considering the amount of energy we're expending to deal with religious whack jobs elsewhere my humor has grown considerably worse when it comes to any groups whose long term goal is to dictate to the rest of us how to live.

oc

TravelGal
05-13-08, 10:42 PM
The Dad's name is Jim Bob. :gomer: All the kids names start with the letter J. That should be limiting to a certain degree, I can't imagine there's an unlimited supply of J names. Of course, this could slow down if someone would just introduce the old man to Jack Off.

Maybe Jim Bob could give up his name and take a less common but more apt name. Jackass immediately comes to mind.

To be serious a moment, I am don't agree that it's fine as long as they can pay for them. It's better if they can but it's incredibly selfish (IMHO) to have to procreate yourself all over the earth when you can obviously afford to have a basketball team and still take in an even dozen kids who are desperate for a home and 3 squares a day.

nrc
05-13-08, 10:56 PM
To be serious a moment, I am don't agree that it's fine as long as they can pay for them. It's better if they can but it's incredibly selfish (IMHO) to have to procreate yourself all over the earth when you can obviously afford to have a basketball team and still take in an even dozen kids who are desperate for a home and 3 squares a day.

I know nothing about parenting but I have a vague notion that children need it. They need love and attention. I wonder if there are really enough hours in the day for two people to attend to the individual needs of that many children.

Sean O'Gorman
05-13-08, 11:31 PM
I know nothing about parenting

Your years of modding my posts have taught you nothing???

Shame. :shakehead

nrc
05-14-08, 02:57 AM
Your years of modding my posts have taught you nothing???

Shame. :shakehead
Some of them need regular beatings?

TKGAngel
05-14-08, 08:31 AM
I know nothing about parenting but I have a vague notion that children need it. They need love and attention. I wonder if there are really enough hours in the day for two people to attend to the individual needs of that many children.

I've seen the Duggar Family's specials on TLC and they do use some interesting parenting techniques. If a kid wants one-on-one time with mommy or daddy, they need to make an appointment. Maybe its just the only child in me that's coming out, but kids shouldn't have to make an appointment to have quality time with mom and dad.

In addition, each kid has a "buddy." This is an older sibling who is responsible for making sure the younger child is dressed and groomed for the day. The buddy also assists with eating and schoolwork. A younger child becomes a buddy to an older child as soon as the younger one is weaned. On one of the shows, the parents even said that the younger kids turn to their buddy for help before going to mom and dad.

Indy
05-14-08, 08:41 AM
That's not a family, that is a small company. With your own kids you are exempt from child labor laws, you know. Mush!

opinionated ow
05-14-08, 09:15 AM
I've seen the Duggar Family's specials on TLC and they do use some interesting parenting techniques. If a kid wants one-on-one time with mommy or daddy, they need to make an appointment. Maybe its just the only child in me that's coming out, but kids shouldn't have to make an appointment to have quality time with mom and dad.

In addition, each kid has a "buddy." This is an older sibling who is responsible for making sure the younger child is dressed and groomed for the day. The buddy also assists with eating and schoolwork. A younger child becomes a buddy to an older child as soon as the younger one is weaned. On one of the shows, the parents even said that the younger kids turn to their buddy for help before going to mom and dad.

i find that highly disturbing. it is not a family, it is a bloody boarding school!

TrueBrit
05-14-08, 03:30 PM
Okay, quick...which one goes postal first, which one winds up working a shiny pole, and which how many wind up strung out...

These breeders are nuts...just because your womb CAN produce that many babies doesn't mean it MUST produce that many babies...

When does this woman's uterus just fall out? After the 20th kid?

:thumdown::eek::irked:

oddlycalm
05-14-08, 04:39 PM
i find that highly disturbing. it is not a family, it is a bloody boarding school! I agree with you, disturbing. Actually, it's an army squad, and one that is designed to self-duplicate and self-indoctrinate exponentially. Their unstated, but obvious, aim is to go viral. They think their ideology is more important than the well being of their children, a particularly apt summation of their ethics and values IMO.

Do the numbers and you'll understand their simple long term strategy. If you have 5000 families (current estimate of quiverfull movement) and each one has 15 children and each one of those children has 15 children of their own, etc., etc.

gen 2 = 75,000
gen 3 = 1,125,000
gen 4 = 16,875,000

The above assumes that all the current media exposure doesn't bring other to their movement, which of course it will. That's a lot of Jim Bobs and a lot of vacuous smiles even if they are only partially successful. :thumdown:

oc

TrueBrit - everyone knows it's the 7th son who will go postal first. :gomer:

dando
05-14-08, 04:47 PM

We only have two and employ the same system. :D ;)

-Kevin

chop456
05-16-08, 02:07 PM
which one winds up working a shiny pole?
The hot one, god willing. :D

This chick might give Mrs. Beach Ball Uterus a run for her money:

Seven kids at 17: Pamela Villarruel, mother of seven, puts her daughters to bed on an armchair used as a cradle at her parents' home in Leones, Argentina. At 17, she has had a son and two sets of triplets, all girls, by three different men. Her mother requested that Pamela's fallopian tubes be tied, but Argentine law prohibits the procedure from being done on minors.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object/article?f=/g/a/2008/05/13/dip.DTL&o=9

Dirk Diggler
05-16-08, 02:16 PM
The phrase "snatch like a bucket" comes to mind.:\

Dirk Diggler
05-16-08, 02:18 PM
The Dad's name is Jim Bob. :gomer: All the kids names start with the letter J.

It's not a real set unless all of their names rhyme. You don't have to be poor to be white trash.

dando
05-16-08, 03:22 PM
U0kJHQpvgB8

Sing with me now...Every ***** is sacred.... :D

:gomer:

-Kevin

Gnam
05-16-08, 04:16 PM
thermo-nuclear family. ;)

In the past, probably more of the kids would not have survived due to miscarriage or sickness, creating some gaps in the lineup. So :thumbup: to modern medicine.

Does anyone know if Jim Bob and the missus came from large families themselves? Because it will be interesting to see how many of their kids choose to have a similar family after living with one. Still China and India outnumber us 4-1, right? I can see the gubmint ad campaign now...:laugh:

cameraman
05-16-08, 05:25 PM
U0kJHQpvgB8

Can you imagine the uproar if someone in the US filmed that right now:rolleyes::shakehead:irked:

That was back when it was worth it to go see a movie several times.

dando
05-16-08, 08:30 PM
Can you imagine the uproar if someone in the US filmed that right now:rolleyes::shakehead:irked:

That was back when it was worth it to go see a movie several times.

A film like that would never be green lighted today. :(

I skipped class to catch The Meaning of Life. You can't even get away with dat shizzle these daze.

-Kevin

oddlycalm
05-17-08, 03:02 PM
Can you imagine the uproar if someone in the US filmed that right now:rolleyes::shakehead:irked: I'm not real sure it would have gotten green lighted in the US back then...:\

oc

dando
05-17-08, 03:22 PM
I'm not real sure it would have gotten green lighted in the US back then...:\

oc

Really? It was more controversial in the UK and Ireland than here back then. Hell, who didn't they offend? :gomer:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monty_Python's_The_Meaning_of_Life

s-DxovgI7NI

The full version of The Miracle of Birth Part II. :D

-Kevin

oddlycalm
05-17-08, 05:48 PM
Hell, who didn't they offend? :gomer: Me...? :D

Dirk Diggler
05-17-08, 06:33 PM

The plug was pulled on Life of Brian. It was only when George Harrison stepped in with his own personal checkbook that the project went forward.

devilmaster
12-19-08, 07:58 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/18th_baby

Jordyn-Grace

:shakehead

trish
12-19-08, 08:11 PM
They all have to have a name that begins with dad's first initial. The man must have some ego.

coolhand
12-20-08, 07:42 PM
Yeah, charming, little home-schooled soldiers in the army of social intolerance.

Considering the amount of energy we're expending to deal with religious whack jobs elsewhere my humor has grown considerably worse when it comes to any groups whose long term goal is to dictate to the rest of us how to live.

oc

Like Environmentalist?

Why are you bothered by other people's lifestyle choices?

trish
09-02-09, 07:19 PM
G., you might want to change that to 19th. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-shocked017.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

http://www.nj.com/parenting/carrie_stetler/index.ssf/2009/09/michelle_duggar_to_have_19th_c.html

God bless her.

Methanolandbrats
09-02-09, 08:41 PM
He must knock the bottom out of her on the way home from the hospital.

Gnam
09-02-09, 08:45 PM
Duggar, 42, has spent nearly all of her adult life in a constant state of pregnancy or post-partum recovery. Her pregnancies alone total about 17 years.

Now that is an efficient use of a resource. Assuming she could start having kids at 13, that's a duty cycle of 58.6%, well above the 6.5% of most household units that age (2.5 kids @ 42 years). She could redefine the industry. :p

Also, a little word of advice to the happy parents:
Black baby = ratings gold. :gomer:

Mr. Toad
09-18-09, 01:47 PM
Also, a little word of advice to the happy parents:
Black baby = ratings gold. :gomer:

Like this?:eek:

http://evilbeetgossip.film.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/jack_black.jpg

trish
11-08-11, 08:07 PM
20th on the way! (http://news.yahoo.com/michelle-jim-bob-duggar-expecting-20th-child-144832226.html) I hope she has a safe pregnancy.

High Sided
11-08-11, 10:33 PM
crazy, interview with the family here...
http://www.duggarfamily.com/content/twenty

SteveH
11-08-11, 10:42 PM
It's not a clown car.

EVL29
11-09-11, 12:30 PM
It's not a clown car.

It's a retirement plan.

Elmo T
11-09-11, 12:32 PM
It's a retirement plan.

That is their job. How long would the TV show last if they weren't still squeezing out kids? :rolleyes:

TKGAngel
11-09-11, 01:13 PM
That is their job. How long would the TV show last if they weren't still squeezing out kids? :rolleyes:

Ratings have been falling recently. Makes ya wonder...

That said, I do wish them a healthy pregnancy & baby. That kid didn't ask to be born into that circus.

SurfaceUnits
12-03-11, 12:36 AM
Hey,someone is going to have to pay taxes to finance our Social Security.

Better that they have the worker drone/Kids so I don't have to.

Hey OW, I think this woman is going to help you out

bavou_SEj1E

TKGAngel
12-08-11, 08:29 PM
People (http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20552173,00.html) is reporting that Baby #20 died in-utero. :(