PDA

View Full Version : Iron Man or Speed Racer?

High Sided
05-08-08, 08:28 PM
Well even though it looks nothing like the show i ran home from school everyday to watch i have been looking forward to speed. goodman, sarandon, omnimax, even milka duno! who knows? hopefully will be worth the $$ to take my daughter and girlfriend to saturday.

But i want to see iron man, hear it's great, any oc reviews???

morgahorse
05-08-08, 11:24 PM
Go see Iron Man. I give it a 9...9.5

dando
05-09-08, 11:21 AM
Dude, there's no question that IRon Man is the one to see. Speed Racer received a 1.5 * review in the local rag today. Rotten Tomatoes has Iron Man @ 92 and Racer @ 36. Definitely rotten. :thumdown:

-Kevin

indyfan31
05-09-08, 12:35 PM
Watched Ironman last night, it's outstanding, way better than I expected it would be. Note: this is from someone who never read the comics. Try to find a theater with digital projection.
Also, I saw an extended clip of Speed Racer. I saw some of the cartoons but was never a real big fan, but I wasn't mpressed with look of the movie and the characters.

Sean Malone
05-09-08, 12:41 PM
Watched Ironman last night, it's outstanding, way better than I expected it would be. Note: this is from someone who never read the comics. Try to find a theater with digital projection.
Also, I saw an extended clip of Speed Racer. I saw some of the cartoons but was never a real big fan, but I wasn't mpressed with look of the movie and the characters.

I read that the kept both foreground and background in focus to keep with the 'look' of a cartoon. Plus everything except the actual actors is CG like they did Sky Capitan.

Iron Man, Speed Racer, The second Narnia flick (Prince Caspian) and Indy Jones all in the same month.

G.
05-09-08, 12:54 PM
IronMan ok for a 10 yr old boy to see?

He's pretty sheltered for a 10 yo, even tho he's met some of you &%*#$.:)

ChampcarShark
05-09-08, 06:33 PM
find a theater that is showing both, go to the first showing, then without going out the theater, go into the screen of the other movie. Two for one if you know what I mean.

But only this time OK.

Ankf00
05-09-08, 06:39 PM
iron man has a millionaire playboy w/ a substance abuse problem playing the part of millionaire playboy w/ a substance abuse problem. What's not to love?

Iron Man.

anait
05-09-08, 07:54 PM
IronMan ok for a 10 yr old boy to see?

He's pretty sheltered for a 10 yo, even tho he's met some of you &%*#$.:)

Friends saw it Sunday night, loved it. One friend who ended up not going was going to take his 5 yr old; according to those who did see it, the movie was definitely too intense for that young an age...bit o' torture near the beginning, or something? Plus lots of good old violence.

Can't wait to see it myself. As Ank said, gotta love the casting. :D

dando
05-09-08, 08:59 PM
iron man has a millionaire playboy w/ a substance abuse problem playing the part of millionaire playboy w/ a substance abuse problem. What's not to love?

Iron Man.

So then he's not really acting, see... ;)

-Kevin