PDA

View Full Version : Randy Moss Starting NASCAR Truck Team

Insomniac
04-30-08, 02:00 PM
Moss expect the team to be running full-time for the 2009 season.

"We don't have all of the details in place just yet, but I am very excited about Moss Motorsports becoming a part of NASCAR," Moss said.
"I am by nature a very competitive person and this is an outlet for me to compete at another level. There are some pretty awesome challenges in building a program like this from the ground up, but I am looking forward to it. That's just another aspect of the competition - you want to find the best people available and you're competing with all the other teams out there. We're starting to look at who the best people are and working on getting them to be a part of our team."

Moss, a 10-year NFL veteran, expects to announce sponsors and a manufacturer alignment in coming weeks.

"There are a lot of NASCAR fans in the locker room," Moss said. "We've seen a lot of football players get involved - guys like Dan Marino and Troy Aikman to name a couple. I think it's a good fit and gives some of the companies I am already working with an additional outlet. It's a smart move on the marketing side of things but on the personal side of things I think it's going to be a lot of fun."

When are these athletes/celebrities going to learn? Carmelo Anthony, Cedric the Entertainer...racing isn't for you.

Accipiter
04-30-08, 02:40 PM
"We've seen a lot of football players get involved - guys like Dan Marino and Troy Aikman to name a couple.

Now there's a couple of successful NASCAR names you want to be hanging your hat on.

dando
04-30-08, 02:53 PM
When are these athletes/celebrities going to learn? Carmelo Anthony, Cedric the Entertainer...racing isn't for you.

One should ask...where are they now? I think the only foosball player still involved in NASCAB racing is Aikman, and Bradshaw may still have a Busch....errrrr, Nationwide team. Altho I haven't seen him pimping Aaron's recently, so that might not be the case. Mebbe Randy's ride can be sponsored by High Times. :gomer:

-Kevin

Insomniac
04-30-08, 07:06 PM
Mebbe Randy's ride can be sponsored by High Times. :gomer:

What's the NASCAR equivalent to splitting a defense? :D

Sean O'Gorman
04-30-08, 07:42 PM
Who needs sponsorship when you've got straight cash, homie.

chop456
05-01-08, 01:32 AM
Imagine his disappointment when he finds out that there aren't any traffic cops to run over out on the racetrack.

Andrew Longman
05-01-08, 10:13 AM
The celebrity owners usually are meant to bring cash and help attract sponsors. (See Marino and Aikman) I don't see Moss doing the latter.

A few like Jerry Glanville actually liked racing and to race. You surely can put Gibbs in that camp too. Walter Payton too. Maybe Moss is just hillbilly race fan from WV after all.

BTW, when did Joe Montana step away from ownership with Ganassi?

Come to think of it, there does seem to be a connection between football and racing. You don't see other stick and ball guys jumping into racing in any numbers. Odd

Don Quixote
05-01-08, 10:15 AM
Next there will be gang signs flashing up and down pit row.

cameraman
05-01-08, 12:12 PM
Come to think of it, there does seem to be a connection between football and racing. You don't see other stick and ball guys jumping into racing in any numbers. Odd

Football players have had many concussions over their careers.
They fit in better.

pchall
05-01-08, 06:52 PM
I want to see his #3 tat on national tv.

Other than that, is this the only way he can keep feeding his ego on the weekends?

Next there will be gang signs flashing up and down pit row.

rabbit
05-05-08, 01:26 AM
Walter Payton.

pchall
05-10-08, 04:51 PM
Point taken. Payton made a legitimate effort to become a racer and when that didn't work out gracefully moved into that part ownership deal with Dale Coyne. And, of course, Payton never embarrassed himself or made a misstep in his NFL career and retirement gigs.

#34 "Sweetness" :) for your career and life. :( for your much too early death.

Walter Payton.

Insomniac
07-03-08, 03:46 PM
Update:

Randy Moss Motorsports will make its debut on July 19 at Kentucky Speedway with Willie Allen driving the No. 81 Chevrolet. The number was changed from 46 to reflect Moss' NFL jersey number.

Moss has been eyeing entering NASCAR for some time, but said he decided to buy half of Morgan-Dollar Motorsports rather than build a team from the ground up. Moss wants the team to eventually move up to the premier Sprint Cup Series.