PDA

View Full Version : Mars/Wrigley

Andrew Longman
04-28-08, 01:32 PM
So I am doing work today with a Mars senior executive team, a group af about 25. I thought there might be slight interest that their M&M car won yesterday. Not a care at all.

Just as we are about to get started at about 7am, word starts to filter our about the aquisition.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080428/mars_wrigley.html?.v=10

Not mentioned in the article is that the sugar business (things not Chocolate) may be moving to Wrigley. That and all the other unknowns caused them to be just too distracted and feel the need to be with their people, so we pulled the plug on the day and will reschedule.

Anyway, it just came to me that the Wrigley car came in second, and likely would have won if not for that last caution. Just an odd day. :gomer:

oddlycalm
04-28-08, 08:23 PM
Not surprised at the racing disconnect nor at the scatter and run response.

So did you get to chill out on their dime all day or other things calling....?:D

oc

eiregosod
04-29-08, 08:33 AM
ya can get rabies at a NASCAr race! ;) :saywhat:

Andrew Longman
04-29-08, 05:11 PM
So did you get to chill out on their dime all day or other things calling....?:D

oc

Spent the rest of the day catching up with an old friend, colleague and co-author of a book I wrote on project management. He now works for Mars.

Interestingly, this is not really creating one new company but two new companies. Mars will remain private and family owned. The Mars sugar brands moves to Wrigley and becomes majority/minority owned by Mars and Berkshire Hathoway and remains public.

Not clear publicly yet where the savings and growth will come from except that it gives them more control in a tightening commodities market.

eiregosod
04-29-08, 08:56 PM
Not clear publicly yet where the savings and growth will come from except that it gives them more control in a tightening commodities market.

maybe Warren is getting in on the "let em eat cake" stocks.

STD
04-29-08, 09:34 PM
HFCS mmmm.

eiregosod
04-29-08, 09:53 PM
HFCS mmmm.

What? deep fried fat balls covered in delicious greasy fat sauce isn't good enough for ya?