PDA

View Full Version : Video of Russian MiG shooting down Georgian UAV

coolhand
04-24-08, 04:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfRHMbz2nuU

It was over Georgian or international waters near the Abkazia Autonomous Region by a Russian MiG.

Cool video, stupid move by Russia. Apartently they have done this before but Georgia got this one on video.

Gnam
04-24-08, 11:51 AM
That's awesome. :laugh:

Peace be with you.

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/5049/putinpeacejb1.jpg

indyfan31
04-24-08, 11:53 AM
So THAT's what it looks like just before the lights go out! :eek:

Anyway, it may have been a stupid move to get caught, but I think the Russians will respond with "ok, what are you gonna do about it?", and the answer will be .... NOTHING.

Indy
04-24-08, 12:47 PM
So I take it that was an unmanned vehicle?

Is it really worth it to waste a missile on something so slow and defenseless? Wouldn't you use guns instead?

Gnam
04-24-08, 01:42 PM
Spitfire pilots used to ram German V-1 Buzz Bombs over the Channel. Maybe the Russians can try that next time. That way they can claim the UAV swerved into them. :p

eiregosod
04-24-08, 01:47 PM
I guess the Russians dont like being spied upon and will do what is neceassary to stop it.

That's such an evil thing to ask for in this day and age.

coolhand
04-24-08, 02:36 PM
Spitfire pilots used to ram German V-1 Buzz Bombs over the Channel. Maybe the Russians can try that next time. That way they can claim the UAV swerved into them. :p

What was a Russian WWII technique. Ramming enemy Aircraft.

coolhand
04-24-08, 02:37 PM
I guess the Russians dont like being spied upon and will do what is neceassary to stop it.

That's such an evil thing to ask for in this day and age.

It was over Georgia, NOT RUSSIA

That is the point.

Napoleon
04-24-08, 02:49 PM
Spitfire pilots used to ram German V-1 Buzz Bombs over the Channel.

I thought what they did was get next to them, slip thier wings under the V-1 wings and flip them which would f-up the guidance system and send it to the ground, or something like that.

Gnam
04-24-08, 02:53 PM
Yes. 'Ram' was not the right word. 'Flip' is mo better.

eiregosod
04-24-08, 02:59 PM
It was over Georgia, NOT RUSSIA

That is the point.

what is the point ?

yawn

Insomniac
04-24-08, 03:18 PM
Is it really worth it to waste a missile on something so slow and defenseless? Wouldn't you use guns instead?

Might as well. They probably have tons and tons of missiles doing nothing.

G.
04-24-08, 05:27 PM
So I take it that was an unmanned vehicle?

Because the missile strike makes a better video.;)

Ankf00
04-24-08, 05:45 PM
bullets are boring. it's all ball bearings these days

STD
04-24-08, 06:56 PM
what is the point ?

yawn

Not fair unless it's invaded territory?

coolhand
04-25-08, 12:21 AM
Correct me if I am wrong but Missiles don't have an infinite shelf life correct?

mapguy
04-25-08, 06:30 AM
I thought what they did was get next to them, slip thier wings under the V-1 wings and flip them which would f-up the guidance system and send it to the ground, or something like that.

That's exactly right. Although it was the Typhoons and Tempests that did this as they were faster than Spitfires in a straight line.