PDA

View Full Version : Just Because...

Andrew Longman
04-23-08, 08:30 PM
hf61K6ZKu_4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf61K6ZKu_4

19 September 1978, Capital Theater, Passaic, NJ. I wasn't there, but I was at many other performances.

Maybe the best performance of the best tune to come out of Jersey... Ever

If it doesn't stir you, you are dead. :gomer:

dando
04-23-08, 09:01 PM
12/16/02, Schottenstein Arena Columbus, oHIo...The Boss and the boyz performed Glory Days and broke into Hang on Sloopy in the middle of the song. :cool: Most electric concert moment for me evar. :thumbup:

RIP, Danny. :cry: :(

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
04-23-08, 09:21 PM
OK, this a racing site, so I'll post my second favorite Boss song

NltljcANCFs

Sean Malone
04-23-08, 09:27 PM
My Uncle Dale to this day still swears Bruce ripped off South Side Johnny's act. Just sayin'. :)

Andrew Longman
04-23-08, 09:49 PM
My Uncle Dale to this day still swears Bruce ripped off South Side Johnny's act. Just sayin'. :)

Naw. Great friends then and now. Same music scene. Similar sound. The Jersey Shore sound at that time. Big bands with horns/saxes and melodrama. Its a jersey thing

Like Hall and Oats sounding like Todd Rundgren... the Philly sound.

Andrew Longman
04-23-08, 09:56 PM
RIP, Danny. :cry: :(

Indeed.

Sad to see that last week and it's been on my mind. He was from Flemington, about 12 miles from me. A friend of mine knows his mother well.

His performance in Indy last month was his last with the band

cameraman
04-23-08, 11:05 PM
Sad to see that last week and it's been on my mind.
For those that missed the report (http://www.brucespringsteen.net/news/index.html)

:(

High Sided
04-23-08, 11:33 PM
grateful bob, dead dylan wantabe????

chop456
04-24-08, 02:13 AM
Hot-rodding, grungy kid from Jersey or hardscrabble dust-bowler with a southern accent? You decide. :tony:

JoeBob
04-24-08, 12:49 PM
Another classic Bruce moment. Stealing Jakob Dylan's song out from under him - right before his eyes:
5lo4IIgOaF4

(The above is missing the last little bit. The full version is here: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x16yoe_one-headlight-springsteen-wallflowe_music )

oddlycalm
04-24-08, 08:44 PM
Naw. Great friends then and now. Same music scene. Similar sound. The Jersey Shore sound at that time. Big bands with horns/saxes and melodrama. Its a jersey thing Yeah, kind of a left hand right hand thing with some style differences. VanZandt produced all of the early SSJ recordings if I recall. I always listed to a lot of Stax sides so horn bands were a natural for me. Great band, great tunes, no idea why they never achieved much commercial success.

Lost in translation: I recall playing 'This Time It's For Real' during a big bbq dinner party at our farm in Idaho right after it was released in 1977 and getting a bunch of blank looks. One woman took me off the the side and asked me what an Asbury Juke was in a tone that told me she though it was something dirty...:gomer: When I explained Asbury Park is an actual place I couldn't tell if she was relieved or disappointed.

oc