PDA

View Full Version : Need Computer Help

TRDfan
05-19-03, 11:50 AM
My trusty eMachine has a failing hard drive and a replacement is on the way. However, my wife has numerous bookmarks in Netscape that she doesn't want to have to re-create. Are there any programs/websites, that allow someone to replicate their bookmarks and move them to another PC ?

Cam
05-19-03, 11:59 AM
The bookmarks are in an HTML file called bookmarks.html in the users Netscape profile directory. Just copy that file to a floppy. :)

TRDfan
05-19-03, 12:20 PM
Thats sounds far too simple. Will an idiot like me be able to find it ??

Cam
05-19-03, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by TRDfan
Thats sounds far too simple. Will an idiot like me be able to find it ??

Actually depending on which version of Netscape it may be bookmark.htm. From the start menu and "Find" --> "Files and Folders" and do a search for those 2 file names.

WickerBill
05-19-03, 12:38 PM
And then import them to IE and watch your computer speed up 300%.

(just had to get that dig in there, Cam)

WB

Cam
05-19-03, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by WickerBill
And then import them to IE and watch your computer speed up 300%.

(just had to get that dig in there, Cam)

WB

:D :D And TRD. On the new install, just say no to IE and load Mozilla! No more pop-ups!

TRDfan
05-19-03, 01:10 PM
Thanks for the help. Maybe I'll try out mozilla on my new (used) machine.

mapguy
05-19-03, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by TRDfan
Thanks for the help. Maybe I'll try out mozilla on my new (used) machine.

Mozilla rules. IE is for momma's boys who still wear pocket protectors....

:D

Warlock!
05-19-03, 02:31 PM
Aren't Mozilla and Netscape 7 the same animal? I know the interface is exactly the same, and I don't see any difference in the features. Whadddap?

Warlock!

Cam
05-19-03, 02:50 PM
Yes it is basically.... At one point the Netscape branch had the pop-up blocking ability disabled. I think it's back now, I am not sure on that as I have never d/l it.

Mozilla is slightly ahead of Netscape in development tho, as AOL takes a stable build of Moz and create Netscape from it with a whole bunch of their addon bloatware!:saywhat: