PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Pearl

Spicoli
04-23-08, 08:06 AM
seems like a good choice and Sprint has it for $99. Anybody have expereinces with it?

WickerBill
04-23-08, 08:29 AM
It won't suck nearly as bad as Sprint. I used one and liked it... predictive text is as good as it gets on mobiles.

Audi_A4
04-23-08, 09:30 AM
I prefer the full keyboard on the "curve" 8300, 8310, 8320 models.

cameraman
04-23-08, 01:32 PM
Sprint is great around here as long as you don't mind having to go outside to get a signal:saywhat:

Stu
04-24-08, 07:26 AM
why do you need a blackberry? have you factored in the extra data cost RIM throws on there?

search FatWallet for the Sprint Sero plan and get the Motorola Q9c. In fact, if you go with Sprint, let me refer you so we both get 25 dollar gift cards.

WickerBill
04-24-08, 07:49 AM
why do you need a blackberry? have you factored in the extra data cost RIM throws on there?

Sprint's $99 plan includes unlimited data, including BIS traffic.

Insomniac
04-24-08, 09:24 AM
search FatWallet for the Sprint Sero plan and get the Motorola Q9c. In fact, if you go with Sprint, let me refer you so we both get 25 dollar gift cards.

I think you need a real employee's e-mail address for that now.

Stu
04-24-08, 09:35 AM
I think you need a real employee's e-mail address for that now.

no you dont

Insomniac
04-24-08, 09:54 AM
no you dont

A couple weeks ago that thread said it did not work. Since you said that, I checked and it says:

This is still YMMV it seems --> Some people are able to use the email address in OP some are not -->From HoFo (horwardforum) people are confirming that all new SERO plans now would work only after the Sprint employee confirms adding you on SERO plan. This means the fake / real email addresses that we used to be able to use till now will now get an email from Sprint. When the Sprint employee confirms back via the email etc.

Stu
04-24-08, 10:19 AM
A couple weeks ago that thread said it did not work. Since you said that, I checked and it says:

no one on fatwallet is having a problem. ive signed up 2 phones in the last 2 months and am about to do a 3rd.

Stu
04-24-08, 10:25 AM
Sprint's $99 plan includes unlimited data, including BIS traffic.

it doesnt include blackberry service, thats a $20 add on. i just checked on sprint's site. you dont have to get that, but then whats the point in owning a blackberry?

Brickman
04-24-08, 02:06 PM
seems like a good choice and Sprint has it for $99. Anybody have expereinces with it?

Stepdaughter had one, it died and replacemnet died too.

Sprint Power Pack Family 1400- $89.99
Plan Features:
Sprint Power Pack Plan
Line 1: $89.99 Minimum Monthly Charge
Line 2: Free
Lines 3-5: $9.99 Each
1400 Included Anytime Minutes
Unlimited Sprint Mobile to Mobile
Nationwide Long Distance Included
Unlimited Night & Weekend Mins. Included
Nights: M-Th 7PM-7AM Wknd: F 7PM-M 7AM
Caller ID
Call Waiting

Plus a ding for Blackberry service.

The Blackberry 8830 (http://mobilebusiness.sprint.com/bb8830/?id9=SEM) works like a charm.

Stu
04-24-08, 02:26 PM
for anyone too lazy to look up the Sero Plan, you get:

Sprint Power Vision or Sprint Power (depending on Phone, no real difference).
Line 1: $30
additional lines have to be seperate.

500 Anytime minutes
Caller ID
Call Waiting
Unlimited Text Messaging
Unlimited Data

you can also bump up the anytime minutes if needed, but i dont remember what the additional cost was.

Sean O'Gorman
04-24-08, 02:33 PM
How is that not stealing?

Insomniac
04-24-08, 03:16 PM
for anyone too lazy to look up the Sero Plan, you get:

Sprint Power Vision or Sprint Power (depending on Phone, no real difference).
Line 1: $30
additional lines have to be seperate.

500 Anytime minutes
Caller ID
Call Waiting
Unlimited Text Messaging
Unlimited Data

you can also bump up the anytime minutes if needed, but i dont remember what the additional cost was.

$50 for 1250
$100 for 2500

2 Year Contract

Unlimited Text Plan Ends 5/31/2008.

Did you see that they made a bunch of the TV channels available? Before barely anything was free, but now there a re quite a few.

Stu
04-24-08, 04:32 PM
im sure unlimited texting will be extended, it always has in the past.

Insomniac
04-24-08, 08:11 PM
im sure unlimited texting will be extended, it always has in the past.

Even if it isn't, it's $10/mo and those plans are still cheaper. I was just posting the stuff off the SERO page.

Spicoli
04-24-08, 08:45 PM
what have i started here? cell phone hate wars! :rofl:

Stu
04-25-08, 08:00 AM
what have i started here? cell phone hate wars! :rofl:

more like cell phone DEAL wars. no point in overpaying.

Chaos
04-25-08, 08:49 AM
do you guys have to pay a mysterious 'system activation charge'?

They advertise a plan for $20, but then tack another $8 for this fee just because...

It's ******** really, but they're doing it.

Stu
04-25-08, 08:59 AM
do you guys have to pay a mysterious 'system activation charge'?

They advertise a plan for $20, but then tack another $8 for this fee just because...

It's ******** really, but they're doing it.

not on SERO.

only additional fees that i have seen are government taxes. :thumdown:

Insomniac
04-25-08, 09:23 AM
more like cell phone DEAL wars. no point in overpaying.

And it's the same deal we're discussing. :)

WickerBill
04-25-08, 09:27 AM
it doesnt include blackberry service, thats a $20 add on. i just checked on sprint's site. you dont have to get that, but then whats the point in owning a blackberry?

I said, it includes BIS -- Blackberry Internet Service. Not BES, the enterprise service. If you are using it for personal email, the BB service is included in the Simply Everything plan:

http://sprintspecialoffers.com/everything/getdetails.html

Fine print. Don't call me a liar, don't misconstrue my words, I don't like it, yes I'm in a foul mood

Insomniac
04-25-08, 10:05 AM
I said, it includes BIS -- Blackberry Internet Service. Not BES, the enterprise service. If you are using it for personal email, the BB service is included in the Simply Everything plan:

http://sprintspecialoffers.com/everything/getdetails.html

Fine print. Don't call me a liar, don't misconstrue my words, I don't like it, yes I'm in a foul mood

It's awfully nice of them to make that all an image. Wouldn't want to make it remotely easy to read the fine print...

Sean O'Gorman
04-25-08, 10:12 AM
I can read it easily.

Besides, if it wasn't finely printed, it wouldn't be fine print, it would just be words.

Insomniac
04-25-08, 02:53 PM
I can read it easily.

Besides, if it wasn't finely printed, it wouldn't be fine print, it would just be words.

I can read it, I'm just saying if it was text, I could increase the browser font size or copy and paste it somewhere to read it more easily. I don't feel like (and am not supposed to) lean forward. (I run a high resolution display as well.)

Stu
04-28-08, 08:49 AM
I saw they added another 50 dollar coupon code for when you sign up for SERO. Gives you 25 off your first 2 bills.