PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Back

nrc
04-22-08, 07:09 PM
Welcome back.

Thanks for your patience during our adventure. The bad news first: things got a little strange during the OS updates. We had some system crashing that I'm not positive has been resolved. I think it's fixed, but with no console access it's hard to say for sure. If we should disappear again for a while you'll know what happened.

Now the good news, we're back and I think everything is intact. You'll notice that we're now running a release candidate of the latest version of the forum software. It should be fairly stable since it's expected to go gold pretty much as-is this week.

The new version has lots of nice new features, many of which are turned off because we're not 12 year old school girls. Well, most of us anyway. So the sparkles, ponies, and rainbows features are not available, but we're allowing some new things like profile pictures, personal photo albums, and profile comments. Have fun with them but keep in mind that all the usual forum rules apply to these new features.

We have also reorganized our forums. The current lineup is experimental. We'll review as time goes by to see if things need adjustment. Once we're comfortable with the arrangement we'll decide whether to move old posts out of The Others forum to the newer forums. Your feedback is welcome.

There are still changes in progress. For now, chat is AWOL until we can find a more reliable solution. Also, please let us know if you see things that don't look right or are not working.

nissan gtp
04-22-08, 08:17 PM
looks good so far

no avvys yet, eh ? ;)

trish
04-22-08, 08:20 PM
Looks good.

G.
04-22-08, 08:47 PM
I WANT SPARKLES!!!!

Welcome back, and thanks again for yours and the grrrl's hard work cat-herding.:thumbup:

Gnam
04-22-08, 08:48 PM
I like here. :)

G.
04-22-08, 08:52 PM
Looks like dando killed the CCWS forum.:)

(I've always hated having my handle lingering as the last post on a seldom-used topic, but I'm a 12 year old school girl.)

Napoleon
04-22-08, 08:52 PM
:)

JT265
04-22-08, 09:01 PM
:)

Indeed. :thumbup:

TKGAngel
04-22-08, 09:19 PM
Looks nice. :)

I like sparkles. But I know how messy they are to clean up. You and grrl don't need to constantly be running the vacuum around here.

coolhand
04-22-08, 09:23 PM
I cannot find the profile picture option. Is it turned off?

Kiwifan
04-22-08, 09:24 PM
Don't do that again Boss. :irked: I MISSED this place! :D

All going well Downunder, thanks.

Rusty.

RusH
04-22-08, 09:32 PM
Actually I like avies because I can skim through long threads faster, going through my posts and others posts takes longer for me with out it...mainly because I have actually read the name of the poster.... not because I`m a 12 year old school girl. :D

nrc
04-22-08, 09:43 PM
I cannot find the profile picture option. Is it turned off?

Oops.

I guess you have to flick the switch and then also turn the knob. Check it now. :D

Don Quixote
04-22-08, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the hard work Richard and Missy. Can we still drunk-post? :\ :D

High Sided
04-22-08, 09:56 PM
great job in keeping this place up :thumbup:

i actually popped in at trackforum today :cry::eek::shakehead

grungex
04-22-08, 10:01 PM
Phew. Survived....

Sean Malone
04-22-08, 10:14 PM
I can't decide what affected me more, the last Champ Car race or the paranoid thought of OffCamber not coming back online this afternoon.

Thanks for all the work boss (s).

dando
04-22-08, 10:16 PM

Did some one take my Internet? Have you seen my Internet? I can't find my Internet.

</milton waddams>

:D

I even ventured over to CCF to see if there was any word. :saywhat:

Bosses, thanks for everything as usual. Any chances we can get the classic smilies back? These new fangled smilies showed up the last time you upgraded the joint.

-Kevin

emjaya
04-22-08, 10:26 PM
I'm glad you're back, 'cause I missed you. :)

TravelGal
04-23-08, 12:23 AM
I survived the great OC outage of 08. WHEW!

Thank goodness you are back at home where the sensible people roam. I found myself replying to OC (Oddlycalm) over at the CW to ease the panic attacks.

Brickman
04-23-08, 12:29 AM
Job well done.:thumbup:

anait
04-23-08, 01:06 AM
I'm good with no sparkles. Never was much of a sparkle fan.

Off to check out the features...

Warlock!
04-23-08, 07:41 AM
Thanks bosses. I appreciate your work to keep this deal goin' after all that's happened to our sport. I'da said "Fuggit" a pretty good while ago, but I'm glad you didn't. It's great to still have a place to call home.

Props. :cool:

dando
04-23-08, 12:13 PM
Another quirk I noticed is that a space is no longer inserted after a smiley when a smiley is used:

:irked::saywhat::tony::yuck:

-Kevin

Ankf00
04-23-08, 12:25 PM
holla, yo.

I am a simple caveman and the modern form of some of these smilies frightens and confuses me. :):D:p;)

nrc
04-23-08, 01:24 PM
holla, yo.

I am a simple caveman and the modern form of some of these smilies frightens and confuses me. :):D:p;)

Fixored. Trog cancel human sacrifice.

WickerBill
04-23-08, 01:32 PM
Noticed the "title your reply" is available.

nrc
04-23-08, 01:49 PM
Noticed the "title your reply" is available.

Forgot about that one. Distracted by the rainbows and sparkles I suppose.

oddlycalm
04-23-08, 03:13 PM
Nice to be back. Thanks for putting in the time and effort to make it possible. :thumbup:

BTW, I've got a good recipe for BBQ pony with sparkle sauce if you ever reconsider....

oc

dando
04-23-08, 03:25 PM
Nice to be back. Thanks for putting in the time and effort to make it possible. :thumbup:

BTW, I've got a good recipe for BBQ pony with sparkle sauce if you ever reconsider....

oc

Does it use bacon? If so, I think we can start a thread on it.... :gomer: ;)

-Kevin

anait
04-23-08, 04:54 PM
Does it use bacon? If so, I think we can start a thread on it.... :gomer: ;)

-Kevin

Or shrimp...???

Ankf00
04-23-08, 05:18 PM
Fixored. Trog cancel human sacrifice.

holla!

Don Quixote
04-23-08, 07:12 PM
Or shrimp...???
Please, no more intestinal shrimp!!!!! :laugh:

Andrew Longman
05-01-08, 11:49 AM

Figures. ;)

Thanks bosses for keeping the place up.:thumbup: