PDA

View Full Version : Pope

trish
04-20-08, 02:03 PM
I have a feeling that all this hoopla over the Pope is gonna affect racing coverage. They are already moving an NBA game from ABC to ESPN2. The PGA Tour is supposed to be on NBC now, but it's not.

dando
04-20-08, 02:15 PM
The PGA Tour is supposed to be on NBC now, but it's not.

The Champions Tour is on NBC now. E$PN.com shows the Lakers will be on @ 3. Mebbe y'all be getting some special coverage since he's out east? :confused:

-Kevin

trish
04-20-08, 02:19 PM
I'm so used to watching the NYC channels. It looks like they are all covering the Pope but if I turn over to the CT channels I get the regularly scheduled programming. Thanks for the hint. :)

trish
04-20-08, 02:23 PM
The Champions Tour is on NBC now. E$PN.com shows the Lakers will be on @ 3. Mebbe y'all be getting some special coverage since he's out east? :confused:

-Kevin

But still, if a decision is made to move the basketball game to ESPN2, doesn't that affect everyone? The game is supposed to end at 5:30 PM ET

dando
04-20-08, 02:41 PM
But still, if a decision is made to move the basketball game to ESPN2, doesn't that affect everyone?

No. E$PN started broadcasting different games regionally last fall. When OSU was not shown on ABC in certain areas last fall, they started showing OSU games (and other Big Ten games) on E$PN or the Deuce in many of those areas that were affected. The primary reason for this was the advent of the ****ing Big Ten Network (FBTN), and the loss of Big Ten games on the E$PN Gameplan package. That being said, if the games goes into OT, you might be screwed.

-Kevin

trish
04-20-08, 02:45 PM
No. E$PN started broadcasting different games regionally last fall. When OSU was not shown on ABC in certain areas last fall, they started showing OSU games (and other Big Ten games) on E$PN or the Deuce in many of those areas that were affected. The primary reason for this was the advent of the ****ing Big Ten Network (FBTN), and the loss of Big Ten games on the E$PN Gameplan package. That being said, if the games goes into OT, you might be screwed.

-Kevin

I'll just watch it online. RD has been free and IndyCar.com should have it too. If you have the capability, now is the time to record some of those old races off of RD.

NismoZ
04-20-08, 02:48 PM
ESPN Classic here, can't imagine the Pope OR basketball screwing that up.

gjc2
04-20-08, 02:59 PM
Is Long Beach on ESPN Classic? I hope not.

dando
04-20-08, 03:00 PM
I'll just watch it online. RD has been free and IndyCar.com should have it too. If you have the capability, now is the time to record some of those old races off of RD.

Did they have actual video in RD? I popped into it for some T&S for the practices yesterday, but didn't get around to it for the quals. I was pretty bummed when I couldn't register for it.... :gomer:

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/Images/RaceDirector/Offer2006/Banner_elkhart2.gif

-Kevin

G.
04-20-08, 03:10 PM
Dang. I thought this was another thread about PT.

:p

trish
04-20-08, 03:16 PM
Did they have actual video in RD? I popped into it for some T&S for the practices yesterday, but didn't get around to it for the quals. I was pretty bummed when I couldn't register for it.... :gomer:

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/Images/RaceDirector/Offer2006/Banner_elkhart2.gif

-Kevin

They didn't have video for qualifying. But they do have races from previous years. I'm assuming they will have video for today's race.

nrc
04-20-08, 03:53 PM
I forgot that we're on The Deuce today. Unless the Pope works a trade for Ocho Cinco it's unlikely that coverage in the US will be affected.

Napoleon
04-20-08, 03:57 PM
When I saw the title of this thread and the fact that it is in the Champ Car forum, I half expected to find that the Pope and/or the Popemobile was now entered in today's Toyota GP of Long Beach.

dando
04-20-08, 04:11 PM
When I saw the title of this thread and the fact that it is in the Champ Car forum, I half expected to find that the Pope and/or the Popemobile was now entered in today's Toyota GP of Long Beach.

Nah, he's just replacing Rahole as the Grand Marshall for the race. ;)

-Kevin

dando
04-20-08, 04:16 PM
They didn't have video for qualifying. But they do have races from previous years. I'm assuming they will have video for today's race.

No audio or video. Just T&S. They must have canned everybody that anything to do with the site, as it hasn't been touched since 20-Feb. :irked:

-Kevin

NismoZ
04-20-08, 04:17 PM
Yup, sorry. ESPN2 not Classic...but major cheerleading competition preceeds. Do those go into extra innings?

Insomniac
04-20-08, 04:43 PM
Yup, sorry. ESPN2 not Classic...but major cheerleading competition preceeds. Do those go into extra innings?

I don't think it's live. I thought it was on at 3:30 CT, but it's 4:30. It's labeled IndyCar Series in my guide. I felt a little sad removing Champ Car from my saved searches. And too bad for all those people who swore never to watch the IRL... ;)

eiregosod
04-20-08, 04:56 PM
leave the Holyman alone :flame:

Mosely for Pope. :rofl:

Insomniac
04-20-08, 05:06 PM
leave the Holyman alone :flame:

Mosely for Pope. :rofl:

The Pope was a member of the Hitler Youth...

trish
04-20-08, 05:16 PM
I didn't realize the race had already started. I guess we're going to get the tape delay, assuming ESPN2 shows it here.

STD
04-20-08, 06:23 PM
Where is David Peel when you need him.

ChampcarShark
04-20-08, 07:06 PM
I was oping the pope was at long beach to give the last blessings to Champcar.

dando
04-20-08, 07:26 PM
I was oping the pope was at long beach to give the last blessings to Champcar.

More like Last Rights. :(

-Kevin

NismoZ
04-20-08, 07:46 PM
Huh. Obviously Danica is bigger than the Pope because she is the one who affected the race coverage. No doubt her name was uttered more than anyone actually racing today. She started (at least 5-6 min. of all Danica) and ended (Perhaps 10+ min. in booth) the broadcast.

eiregosod
04-20-08, 10:26 PM
Where is David Peel when you need him.

needs moar motoROCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK