PDA

View Full Version : NBA 2008

Sean O'Gorman
04-17-08, 11:45 PM
Finally, the regular season begins.

Also, no Warriors. LOL. The playoff seedings are racist!!

Dr. Corkski
04-18-08, 12:02 AM
GSW, 48-34, 9th in the West

CLE, 45-37, 4th in the East

:gomer:

dando
04-18-08, 08:26 AM
Finally, the regular season begins.

Also, no Warriors. LOL. The playoff seedings are racist!!

I have it on good authority that it's all Don Koharski's fault. :D :laugh:

Oh, and West > East, but the East champ good well win it all since the West playoffs will be brutal. Here's hoping for another Celts/Lakers series. :thumbup:

Wiz > Cavs in 6.

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
04-18-08, 10:10 AM
IBdandojumpsbackonCavsbandwagonaftertheywin

Sean O'Gorman
04-18-08, 10:31 AM
GSW, 48-34, 9th in the West

CLE, 45-37, 4th in the East

:gomer:

So do the conference seedings go 9 deep now?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

dando
04-18-08, 10:38 AM
IBdandojumpsbackonCavsbandwagonaftertheywin

r u kidding? Can't stand the Cavs. Never have. I cheered when MJ hit The Shot against them (just like a cheered The Drive and The Fumble). Been a Celts fan since Hondo played for them in the 70s. Frankly, I could care less about the NBA, but the Celts resurgence has me quietly paying attention.

-Kevin

Insomniac
04-18-08, 11:14 AM
r u kidding? Can't stand the Cavs. Never have. I cheered when MJ hit The Shot against them (just like a cheered The Drive and The Fumble). Been a Celts fan since Hondo played for them in the 70s. Frankly, I could care less about the NBA, but the Celts resurgence has me quietly paying attention.

-Kevin

Ohh dear, dando and I are "fans" of the same team? The forum is coming to an end. :D

dando
04-18-08, 11:21 AM
Ohh dear, dando and I are "fans" of the same team? The forum is coming to an end. :D

Haven't had anything to cheer about for ~18 years now. One short-lived playoff appearance in almost 20 years of complete suck. :( Man, the 80s were fun with the Pistons and Lakers playing arch rivals. :thumbup: I suspect this post season will be something special. :)

-Kevin

Sean O'Gorman
04-18-08, 12:48 PM

-Kevin

Celtics? I think Ank's theory on how you choose your favorite teams is right.

dando
04-18-08, 01:04 PM
Celtics? I think Ank's theory on how you choose your favorite teams is right.

Wow. I'm the subject of theory. How flattering. :shakehead Don't question my fanhood, yo. :gomer: It's my dad's influence, egit. He followed Hondo when he went to OSU and then to Boston in the NBA. I can remember watching the epic 1976 NBA championship games against the Suns...especially the 3 OT game 5. Not everyone in oHIo has to drink the Cincy and Cleveburg kool aid. Oh, and if I only backed winners, I would be a Reds fan since they were dominating in the 70s, but I can't stand them. And why would I waste my time to Tribe games back in the 80s when Corey Snyder, Brook Jacoby, etc. graced the field? :saywhat:

-Kevin

dando
05-04-08, 03:45 PM
Bring it on, Cavs. :) :thumbup:

-Kevin

Insomniac
05-04-08, 03:50 PM
Bring it on, Cavs. :) :thumbup:

-Kevin

Can you explain the Celtics? What/who is to blame for this up and down at home vs. on the road?

dando
05-04-08, 04:29 PM
Can you explain the Celtics? What/who is to blame for this up and down at home vs. on the road?

Me thinks they took their foot off the gas a bit on D (they gave up an avg of 100 pts. on the road), and the heavy disparity in fouls and FTs in games 3 and 5 didn't help any. Most disappointing was game 4, when they choked on a 10-pt lead going into the 4th. Had they won that game, it's a 5 game series and there's no drama. Can't repeat that again in the next two rounds. We'll see if the Cavs can repeat their performance in game 6 against the Wiz, where Wally and Gibson added 20+ to King James' 27. Ya gotta think that if Arenas was 100% for that series, the outcome would have been different. Should be fun. The Cavs played the Celts tough in the regular season (2-2).

-Kevin

Insomniac
05-04-08, 05:03 PM
Me thinks they took their foot off the gas a bit on D (they gave up an avg of 100 pts. on the road), and the heavy disparity in fouls and FTs in games 3 and 5 didn't help any. Most disappointing was game 4, when they choked on a 10-pt lead going into the 4th. Had they won that game, it's a 5 game series and there's no drama. Can't repeat that again in the next two rounds. We'll see if the Cavs can repeat their performance in game 6 against the Wiz, where Wally and Gibson added 20+ to King James' 27. Ya gotta think that if Arenas was 100% for that series, the outcome would have been different. Should be fun. The Cavs played the Celts tough in the regular season (2-2).

-Kevin

Thanks for the info. I have a buddy who says KG is a choker on the level of A-Rod. He has a slight propensity to freak out over little things and overexaggerate though. :)

dando
05-04-08, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the info. I have a buddy who says KG is a choker on the level of A-Rod. He has a slight propensity to freak out over little things and overexaggerate though. :)

Never really watched KG much until this season. Not sure I could consider him a choker considering some of the teams he played on in Minniesoda lacked some key components. Plus, consider how ultra competitive the west is vs. the east. This post season will be telling in that regard.

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
05-05-08, 12:30 PM
Have fun stopping Lebron and a bunch of guys who can actually shoot the 3 when you can barely stop Joe Johnson and a bunch of swingmen that can't shoot. :laugh:

dando
05-05-08, 01:20 PM
Have fun stopping Lebron and a bunch of guys who can actually shoot the 3 when you can barely stop Joe Johnson and a bunch of swingmen that can't shoot. :laugh:

Please define 'a bunch of guys who can actually shoot the 3'. It's certainly not defined by the Cavs' stats:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teams/stats?team=cle

35.8% overall. For reference, they average .002 better than the Hawks.

:laugh:

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
05-05-08, 01:45 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teammatch?teama=atl&teamb=cle

CLE - 6.7 3-pt. FGM Per Game (14th)
ATL - 4.7 3-pt. FGM Per Game (27th)

Insomniac
05-05-08, 02:43 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teammatch?teama=atl&teamb=cle

CLE - 6.7 3-pt. FGM Per Game (14th)
ATL - 4.7 3-pt. FGM Per Game (27th)

Might want to also include:

CLE - 18.8 3-pt. FGA Per Game (13th)
ATL - 13.1 3-pt. FGA Per Game (28th)

CLE - 35.64%
ATL - 35.88%

The statistics say if ATL shot more 3's, they'd make almost as many as CLE.

Sean O'Gorman
05-05-08, 03:00 PM
Also, the Cavs have Amon Jones, the best shooter in the world.

dando
05-05-08, 07:42 PM
IMO, Mike's Browns stagnant 1/2 court O is a better fit for the Celts than the frenetic up and down game the Hawks had. Celts in 5. Bank it. :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
05-05-08, 07:44 PM
Also, the Cavs have Amon Jones, the best shooter in the world.

Now we all know the bestest shooter evar was Worl B. Free. :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
05-10-08, 10:40 AM

22% and 15% in games 1 and 2. 'nuff said. :laugh:

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
05-12-08, 11:12 PM
Celts in 5. Bank it.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

dando
05-13-08, 10:42 AM
^^^^ How them Warriors doing in the playoffs? Oh wait.... :gomer: :finger:

12 points in the 4th Q ain't gonna win ya many games. The so-called Big Three better start playing complete games, or this bunch will get bounced this round or next. Pierce obviously has his hands full guarding James, but he needs to start looking for his shot. Allen isn't shooting due to his shooting woes all series long. He finally made a couple of 3s in the 2nd half last night. What happened to KG after the 1st Q? :saywhat:

Home teams are 15-1 in the playoffs so far (the one loss was a 1 point loss by the Magic to the Pissed Ones), so the Celts aren't alone with road woes. But still, they had the game w/in reach in 3 of the 5 road losses going into the 4th, and didn't produce. Can you say O-V-E-R-R-A-T-E-D? :irked:

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
05-13-08, 10:46 AM
^^^^ How them Warriors doing in the playoffs? Oh wait.... :gomer: :finger:They have as many road playoff wins as the Celts. :gomer:

But still, they had the game w/in reach in 3 of the 5 road losses going into the 4th, and didn't produce. Can you say O-V-E-R-R-A-T-E-D? :irked:IBdandojumpsbackonbandwagonafterCeltswingam e5

Dr. Corkski
05-13-08, 10:53 AM
http://i32.tinypic.com/68ssxl.gif

DPOY :laugh:

Insomniac
05-13-08, 12:19 PM
12 points in the 4th Q ain't gonna win ya many games. The so-called Big Three better start playing complete games, or this bunch will get bounced this round or next. Pierce obviously has his hands full guarding James, but he needs to start looking for his shot. Allen isn't shooting due to his shooting woes all series long. He finally made a couple of 3s in the 2nd half last night. What happened to KG after the 1st Q? :saywhat:

Seems like none of them wants to step up and take the lead. Just take the game into their own hands. Win together or lose together.

dando
05-13-08, 12:34 PM
Seems like none of them wants to step up and take the lead. Just take the game into their own hands. Win together or lose together.

Real championship teams step it up in the 4th Q. I just see the Celts running around scatterbrained like chickens w/o their heads.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/basketball/nba/specials/playoffs/2008/05/13/fastbreaks.cavs.celtics/index.html?bcnn=yes

The game was there, they just didn't grab it. How many chances did they have when the Cavs went 3-4 minutes w/o baskets multiple times in the game? Instead they just matched or exceeded the Cavs futility. :irked: :shakehead

-Kevin

Sean O'Gorman
05-13-08, 12:35 PM
Sit yo' ass down, dando!

dando
05-13-08, 01:25 PM
Sit yo' ass down, mom!

Fixed dat for ya, yo. :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
05-13-08, 03:43 PM
DPOY :laugh:

Nice dunk. :thumbup: So by your standards, a gold glove winner can't make a single error in a season. :shakehead Oh, and it was Pierce's man.

-Kevin

dando
05-17-08, 03:51 PM
What a pathetic game last night. Celts in the teenies for all four quarters, and don't blame the D. :thumdown: Pathetic. I almost hope they lose game 7 to end this shizzle. :irked:

-Kevin

Insomniac
05-17-08, 07:16 PM
What a pathetic game last night. Celts in the teenies for all four quarters, and don't blame the D. :thumdown: Pathetic. I almost hope they lose game 7 to end this shizzle. :irked:

-Kevin

Can just blame poor rebounding, fouling every 17.2 seconds and the wonderful offense.

dando
05-18-08, 07:08 PM
Nice game by Bron Bron, but the rest of the Cavs were pretty pathetic. In the end he choked it away (3 pts in the final 3 min. and a D gaffe on the jump ball). Prolly got what he deserved for the no call with 5 to go when he grabbed Pierce's jersey, and later pushed Pierce to the floor to steal the ball with 2 to go (again no call).

I only saw the last ~9 minutes so far, but it looked much better than game 6. :yuck:

If Allen doesn't show up against the Pissed Ones, the Celts will not advance. :irked:

-Kevin

Insomniac
05-18-08, 08:18 PM
Nice game by Bron Bron, but the rest of the Cavs were pretty pathetic. In the end he choked it away (3 pts in the final 3 min. and a D gaffe on the jump ball). Prolly got what he deserved for the no call with 5 to go when he grabbed Pierce's jersey, and later pushed Pierce to the floor to steal the ball with 2 to go (again no call).

I only saw the last ~9 minutes so far, but it looked much better than game 6. :yuck:

If Allen doesn't show up against the Pissed Ones, the Celts will not advance. :irked:

-Kevin

They have home field to the end. It's still possible. :D

dando
05-18-08, 08:42 PM
They have home field to the end. It's still possible. :D

We'll see. If Allen can't get his shot to fall, they are toast (IMO). After the first couple of games vs. the Cavs, I wondered if Allen would be the X factor. Thankfully the Cavs never developed a consistent third scorer, and lost Boobie for the final two games. I smell another seven gamer coming up. :(

-Kevin

Insomniac
05-18-08, 09:09 PM
We'll see. If Allen can't get his shot to fall, they are toast (IMO). After the first couple of games vs. the Cavs, I wondered if Allen would be the X factor. Thankfully the Cavs never developed a consistent third scorer, and lost Boobie for the final two games. I smell another seven gamer coming up. :(

-Kevin

Expect the worst. It makes it easier. :) In all seriousness, I'm just puzzled by it all. There's no consistency anywhere (except Allen can't buy a shot).

dando
05-18-08, 09:40 PM
Expect the worst. It makes it easier. :) In all seriousness, I'm just puzzled by it all. There's no consistency anywhere (except Allen can't buy a shot).

Well, the Cavs get cred for their D. Second, in the post season, including March Madness, matchups are critical. In this case, the Cavs presented a tough matchup for Boston with the same grind it out O and D (plus James). Allen went from 40% from 3 vs. the ATL to 18% vs. the Cavs. The Celts also allowed ~8 more FT attempts/game. In the end, Pierce made the difference in games 5 and 7. Slice and dice the numbers any way you want. Personally, me thinks Allen's leg are getting tired, which ain't good for a jump shooter (and the Celts are full of them). :(

I anxiously await Cork's 'expert' analysis..... :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
05-18-08, 09:44 PM
Watching the start of game 7....jeebus I agree with Stern. WTF is up with all of the pyrotechnics for the game intro?!? The farking game is hazy! :irked: :thumdown:

-Kevin

Sean O'Gorman
05-18-08, 09:51 PM
I anxiously await Cork's analysis..... :gomer:

As a Cavs fan, I guess if there is a silver lining in this series, its that Cork was wrong.

Speaking of the pyrotechnics, I liked how Ben Wallace gets introduced from outside the locker room so that the smoke doesn't effect his allergies.

dando
05-18-08, 09:52 PM
Speaking of the pyrotechnics, I liked how Ben Wallace gets introduced from outside the locker room so that the smoke doesn't effect his allergies.

Or set his hair on fire. ;) :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
05-18-08, 10:04 PM
Someone mentioned Z's production drop throughout the series. He went from 21 to 19 to 12 to 9 to 6 to 7 to 8/ppg. Also interesting to note that 'Big Baby' Davis and Cassells didn't play in game 7. Gonna be some tired guys come Tuesday.

-Kevin

Insomniac
05-18-08, 11:10 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/da/fullj.dbe3d008e58014803281964fa33f040f/dbe3d008e58014803281964fa33f040f-getty-80391811cc015_cleveland_cav.jpg

There are going to be a lot of angry Thundering Herd fans...

dando
05-18-08, 11:15 PM
WTF?!? I may not root for the Men in Green any longer. :gomer:

-Kevin

Insomniac
05-18-08, 11:28 PM
WTF?!? I may not root for the Men in Green any longer. :gomer:

-Kevin

If it helps any, Tom Brady (next to the Cavs bench, presumably to support his buddy LeBron), Kevin Faulk, Vince Wilfork, Richard Seymour and Laurence Maroney were all there too. ;)

dando
05-18-08, 11:46 PM
If it helps any, Tom Brady (next to the Cavs bench, presumably to support his buddy LeBron), Kevin Faulk, Vince Wilfork, Richard Seymour and Laurence Maroney were all there too. ;)

Ah, I get it now....taping/listening to the bench conversations.... :gomer: ;)

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
05-19-08, 01:21 AM
I almost hope they lose game 7 to end this shizzle. :irked:1. Jump on bandwagon of a #1 seed
2. Predict easy victory
3. Talk smack after win
4. Predict losses after a loss
5. Talk smack after a win, acting like #4 never happened
6. ???
7. Profit

Insomniac
05-19-08, 08:50 AM
Ah, I get it now....taping/listening to the bench conversations.... :gomer: ;)

-Kevin

Didn't you see the Patriots mic'd up Mike Brown? They're sneaky and he never even noticed the mic pack on his hip. :D

dando
05-19-08, 10:38 AM
1. Jump on bandwagon of a #1 seed
2. Predict easy victory
3. Talk smack after win
4. Predict losses after a loss
5. Talk smack after a win, acting like #4 never happened
6. ???
7. Profit

My analysis was better than your analysis. Boston 34% from 3, Cavs 31%. Fact. :p Both Boston and the Warriors are still winless on the road in the playoffs. :laugh:

-Kevin

Insomniac
05-23-08, 08:00 AM
Celtics lost home court advantage, but Ray Allen finally woke up. I'm not sure where this is going.

dando
05-23-08, 11:15 AM
Celtics lost home court advantage, but Ray Allen finally woke up. I'm not sure where this is going.

Downhill. Corky's prior expertise now fits. The Pissed Ones hit every key shot when it mattered. Give me a $1 for every clutch shot they hit with the shot clock buzzer going off, and I've got free beers for the weekend. Allen woke up, but sat with foul toubles for 1/2 the game. :saywhat: Memo to Rondo: shot the ****ing ball. :irked:

-Kevin

Insomniac
05-23-08, 11:56 AM
Downhill. Corky's prior expertise now fits. The Pissed Ones hit every key shot when it mattered. Give me a $1 for every clutch shot they hit with the shot clock buzzer going off, and I've got free beers for the weekend. Allen woke up, but sat with foul toubles for 1/2 the game. :saywhat: Memo to Rondo: shot the ****ing ball. :irked:

-Kevin

That barrage of 3s was a killer when the Celtics took the lead in the 3rd. Agree on Rondo, that was real annoying when he'd have a wide open shot, he'd fake then pass. He's a fast and sneaky guy, but he has been scared to shoot the last couple of games.

dando
05-23-08, 12:01 PM
That barrage of 3s was a killer when the Celtics took the lead in the 3rd. Agree on Rondo, that was real annoying when he'd have a wide open shot, he'd fake then pass. He's a fast and sneaky guy, but he has been scared to shoot the last couple of games.

He doesn't even look to shoot when driving to the hoop. :irked: Then again I'm spoiled having watched Mike Conley Jr. play for OSU in '06-'07. :(

-Kevin

dando
05-25-08, 12:50 PM
I defy anyone to esplain the Men in Green. :saywhat: Detroit 7% from 3. :eek: They couldn't miss Thurs, and couldn't hit **** last night. This series may go 7 games and end up in a tie. :gomer:

-Kevin

Insomniac
05-25-08, 01:37 PM
I defy anyone to esplain the Men in Green. :saywhat: Detroit 7% from 3. :eek: They couldn't miss Thurs, and couldn't hit **** last night. This series may go 7 games and end up in a tie. :gomer:

-Kevin

Both teams flip-flopped from Game 2. Hopefully more of the same in Game 4. :)

dando
05-25-08, 01:57 PM
Both teams flip-flopped from Game 2. Hopefully more of the same in Game 4. :)

Yeah, but Pierce's disappearing act was very puzzling. Frankly the Celts played about the same on O, but the D stepped up and Detroit made a ton of mistakes and shot poorly.

-Kevin

Insomniac
05-25-08, 02:19 PM
Yeah, but Pierce's disappearing act was very puzzling. Frankly the Celts played about the same on O, but the D stepped up and Detroit made a ton of mistakes and shot poorly.

-Kevin

The rest of the team was making it happen though. They were nowhere to be found in Game 2, especially the bench.

Game 2:
Big 3: 75 points (PP: 26, RA: 25, KG: 24)
Rest of the Team: 22 points
Bench: 8 points

Game 3:
Big 3: 47 points (PP: 11, RA: 14, KG: 22)
Rest of the Team: 47 points
Bench: 23 points

They had a similar offensive output, but it came about much differently. They certainly looked a lot better last night too.

dando
05-25-08, 04:50 PM
They had a similar offensive output, but it came about much differently.

Yup. Jekyll and Hyde. Like I said, I dare anyone to esplain this team. :saywhat:

-Kevin

dando
05-30-08, 11:26 PM
w00t! :D :thumbup:

Beat LA, Beat LA! :D

-Kevin

Insomniac
05-31-08, 08:43 AM
They actually did it. Even coming from behind by 10 in the 4th Quarter. I know I expected a Game 7 at that point. How "fast" it changed. The fans were going nuts and then were leaving with a couple minutes left.

dando
05-31-08, 02:01 PM
They actually did it. Even coming from behind by 10 in the 4th Quarter. I know I expected a Game 7 at that point. How "fast" it changed. The fans were going nuts and then were leaving with a couple minutes left.

I thought they were toast after the 3rd. Allen's turnaround was critical in games 5 and 6. Rondo is still driving me nutz, and the bench needs to step it up to beat LA. That was some squirrelly officiating last night. :saywhat:

-Kevin

Insomniac
05-31-08, 07:19 PM
I thought they were toast after the 3rd. Allen's turnaround was critical in games 5 and 6. Rondo is still driving me nutz, and the bench needs to step it up to beat LA. That was some squirrelly officiating last night. :saywhat:

-Kevin

I really don't know what to expect. It seems the conventional wisdom is the Lakers win. They have a better offense and the Celtics have a better defense. I'm hoping for the best. I'm glad in the end, the officiating didn't matter (to hurt the Celtics more than the Pistons).

dando
05-31-08, 07:33 PM
I really don't know what to expect. It seems the conventional wisdom is the Lakers win. They have a better offense and the Celtics have a better defense. I'm hoping for the best. I'm glad in the end, the officiating didn't matter (to hurt the Celtics more than the Pistons).

One of the talking heads on E$PN Radio this afternoon was talking about how shooting comes and goes, but good D comes to play night after night. It'll be interesting to see if the Celts can keep Kobe away from the rim and force him to make jump shots (ala Bron Bron). Again, I think the X factor is Allen. Reference the impact Ginobli had for the Spurs. When he played well, they won, when he struggled, they did not. Should be fun to watch either way. :thumbup: Stearns & co. hit the jackpot.

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
05-31-08, 08:47 PM
It'll be interesting to see if the Celts can keep Kobe away from the rim

-Kevin

Have Big Baby clothesline the ****er, then he'll think twice of goin' to the hole :thumbup:

Insomniac
06-01-08, 12:08 AM
Have Big Baby clothesline the ****er, then he'll think twice of goin' to the hole :thumbup:

Nice thinking. :gomer:

dando
06-05-08, 09:08 PM
It's on, baby! :cool: Hard to believe it's been 21 years....almost 1/2 my age since the Men in Green have been in the Finals. :(

-Kevin

Ankf00
06-05-08, 09:13 PM
**** beantown.

Methanolandbrats
06-05-08, 09:18 PM
**** beantown.
I hate both teams and I've lost count of the number of *******s I've met from Boston. However, my hate of Kobe/Phillip outweighs all and I must root for the Celtics. :shudder:

Insomniac
06-05-08, 11:52 PM
It's on, baby! :cool: Hard to believe it's been 21 years....almost 1/2 my age since the Men in Green have been in the Finals. :(

-Kevin

I barely remember 1986.

Insomniac
06-05-08, 11:54 PM
I hate both teams and I've lost count of the number of *******s I've met from Boston. However, my hate of Kobe/Phillip outweighs all and I must root for the Celtics. :shudder:

KG?

Methanolandbrats
06-08-08, 07:46 PM
KG? Hopefully when Kobe does a wild-assed-drive inside instead of passing the ball KG will behead him:thumbup: Game 2 coming up, multiple beers cooling and ready.:D

Insomniac
06-08-08, 07:59 PM
Hopefully when Kobe does a wild-assed-drive inside instead of passing the ball KG will behead him:thumbup: Game 2 coming up, multiple beers cooling and ready.:D

I thought seeing as he is a former Timberwolf you may be pulling for him. At least one reason to be for the Celtics on top of hating Kobe/Phil. ;)

Insomniac
06-09-08, 05:27 PM
2-0. They have to come back to Boston for Game 6 at least. :)

dando
06-09-08, 10:05 PM
Heckuva game last night....couldn't post anything earlier than this due to finger soreness from gnawing on my nails. :irked: ;)

Beat LA! Beat LA! :thumbup:

-Kevin

Insomniac
06-11-08, 07:05 AM
They gave me hope. Not good when Ray Allen is the only one who shows up.

dando
06-11-08, 10:53 AM
They gave me hope. Not good when Ray Allen is the only one who shows up.

Blew a great chance to put the Lakers out of their misery. :thumdown: I so wanted to fire an e-mail off to Colin Cowherd to say STFU (he proclaimed the Lakers would win huge and the first two games were the result of the refs). :irked:

-Kevin

Insomniac
06-11-08, 12:23 PM
Blew a great chance to put the Lakers out of their misery. :thumdown: I so wanted to fire an e-mail off to Colin Cowherd to say STFU (he proclaimed the Lakers would win huge and the first two games were the result of the refs). :irked:

-Kevin

Did he declare yesterday's game a result of the refs too? There was a pretty big disparity last night.

The Celtics played the 4th quarter of Game 2 almost the entirety of Game 3. They started to drive in the 3rd quarter. The Lakers played much better defense. They were always pressing and the Celtics would leave a couple feet between them and the outside guys. Did anyone contest a Vujacic 3?

dando
06-11-08, 02:11 PM
Did he declare yesterday's game a result of the refs too? There was a pretty big disparity last night.

The Celtics played the 4th quarter of Game 2 almost the entirety of Game 3. They started to drive in the 3rd quarter. The Lakers played much better defense. They were always pressing and the Celtics would leave a couple feet between them and the outside guys. Did anyone contest a Vujacic 3?

Dint hear his show today, as I'm Mr. Mom and spent the AM @ the pool. :cool: The Lakers played better D, but the Celts were their own worst enemy by waiting way too late to get into their O sets in the 4th. Did anyone see Pierce on the court last night? :irked: And yes, they played off Vujacic to put a 2nd man on Kobe, and he made them pay for it. :(

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
06-12-08, 11:43 PM
How'd that taste Fillup?:D

dando
06-12-08, 11:49 PM
Yeah baby!!! :cool: **** LA! **** LA! **** LA! :D

(I almost switched it off in the first half) :saywhat:

BTW, NBA refs suck. :-\

:rofl:

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
06-13-08, 12:19 AM
Yeah baby!!! :cool: **** LA! **** LA! **** LA! :D

(I almost switched it off in the first half) :saywhat:

BTW, NBA refs suck. :-\

:rofl:

-Kevin
Ya, refs tried to homer the Celtics, but they overcame it. LA Chokers were on a 140 pt pace for the game after Q1, no way that was gonna happen

dando
06-13-08, 10:39 AM
Ya, refs tried to homer the Celtics, but they overcame it. LA Chokers were on a 140 pt pace for the game after Q1, no way that was gonna happen

They had 40 points with 8 minutes to go in the first half. I was like :saywhat:! Then the Celts held them to 33 in the second half. Amazing. :thumbup:

-Kevin

Insomniac
06-13-08, 01:17 PM
That game was unfreakingbelievable. I can't add to anything that has already been said or written. Just wow.

dando
06-13-08, 01:34 PM
That game was unfreakingbelievable. I can't add to anything that has already been said or written. Just wow.

The Herd had a Beantown beat writer on his show before the series started, and the guy was saying how the Celts were bound to trade Allen. :laugh: Who knew? :thumbup:

The game last night ranks right up there with the Suns/Celts 3 OT game 4 in '76.

http://www.nba.com/history/finals/19751976.html

-Kevin

Insomniac
06-13-08, 02:59 PM
The Herd had a Beantown beat writer on his show before the series started, and the guy was saying how the Celts were bound to trade Allen. :laugh: Who knew? :thumbup:

It took him (and the team) time to get going in the playoffs. They can still be streaky, but they are definitely playing better now than when the playoffs started.

dando
06-17-08, 09:44 PM
Looks like another refs gone wild...I wonder which ref has $$$ on which team. :gomer: Feels like a game 7 Thurs to me. The NBA wouldn't want that, right? :saywhat:

Ugh, perhaps not. 'tis why I don't bet. :)

-Kevin

dando
06-17-08, 11:50 PM
:D

Methanolandbrats
06-18-08, 12:05 AM
:D
Sweeeeet. I like that team. :thumbup:

Insomniac
06-18-08, 09:43 AM
Looks like another refs gone wild...I wonder which ref has $$$ on which team. :gomer: Feels like a game 7 Thurs to me. The NBA wouldn't want that, right? :saywhat:

Ugh, perhaps not. 'tis why I don't bet. :)

-Kevin

Hehe, I was thinking that at first too. Celts were getting called for everything and the Lakers weren't. Didn't matter though.

I was out for blood there at the end, so to speak. Being up 40 wasn't enough. I wanted them to break the 42 point record, Rondo to get the most steals, Allen to get the most 3s. I don't know why. They're up by 40 and I'm wishing they left the starters in. I can't remember any time thinking that. And I'm a fairweather fan! (I watch a few games during the season, but pay attention fully only if the Celtics are in the playoffs). But what a great way to finish it off. I was cheering for almost the entire game, and it was a few of us watching together. And what a difference in the fans.

Sadly, in addition to being glad the Celtics got #17, one of my first thoughts was "Stupid Patriots!".

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/9e/fullj.8b16a817e769f02556f0e1172f123fec/8b16a817e769f02556f0e1172f123fec-getty-80398146bc193_g6_finals.jpg

dando
06-18-08, 10:35 AM
Best part of that series was seeing Hondo and Russell there. I swear Hondo could still put up 40 today. The dude is like 70 and looks like he's mebbe 50. My fave Celt and of course a Buckeye. :thumbup:

-Kevin

dando
06-18-08, 10:37 AM
http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0617/nba_g_celtics_trophy_580.jpg

SurfaceUnits
06-18-08, 12:30 PM
Where was Larry Bird? Oh, he was bailing another Pacer out of county lockup.

dando
06-18-08, 01:13 PM
Where was Larry Bird? Oh, he was bailing another Pacer out of county lockup.

Bird and the Celts don't have a very good relationship. Not sure what the story is behind that. :irked:

-Kevin

Insomniac
06-18-08, 01:31 PM
Bird and the Celts don't have a very good relationship. Not sure what the story is behind that. :irked:

He's the Pacer's GM currently. It would just seem weird for him to be there rooting on the Celtics with Bill Russell and company.

dando
06-18-08, 01:44 PM
He's the Pacer's GM currently. It would just seem weird for him to be there rooting on the Celtics with Bill Russell and company.

I know what he's doing now. There's a rift there. It was mentioned during one of the Celtics coaches searches years ago...IIRC, when Pitino was hired.

-Kevin

Insomniac
06-18-08, 02:48 PM
I know what he's doing now. There's a rift there. It was mentioned during one of the Celtics coaches searches years ago...IIRC, when Pitino was hired.

Probably something internal. He was in the Celtics front office and he left to coach the Pacers. Everyone involved was smart enough to not make it public. (Seems like a Lose-Lose situation.)