PDA

View Full Version : Fans Can Sign Walker Car at LB

Elsie
04-17-08, 05:01 PM
Supporters will have the opportunity to be an actual part of the race and sign their name on the car in return for a donation to CARA Charities.
This is team owner Derrick Walker’s way of saying thank you to all of the loyal fans while benefiting CARA Charities at the same time.
CARA Charities will be set up outside the Walker Racing transporters in the Champ Car paddock, on Friday, April 18 and Saturday, April 19 from 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. PDT.

Sean O'Gorman
04-17-08, 10:08 PM
LOL, might as well make the primary sponsor FTG after that car gets done being signed.

Tim
04-17-08, 10:17 PM
I'm surprised Walker isn't keeping the money for himself.

Don Quixote
04-17-08, 10:43 PM
Tough room. :laugh:

Dr. Corkski
04-18-08, 12:07 AM
I'm surprised Walker isn't keeping the money for himself.:rofl:

Spicoli
04-18-08, 07:45 AM
Gore put a lien on the car.

Wheel-Nut
04-18-08, 10:02 AM
Someone please sign - MD20/20 > AV . . . .

dando
04-18-08, 11:08 AM

:rofl:

-Kevin

audi quattro
04-18-08, 11:50 AM
any pix yet.
is it just the ozzie vine yards livery with no signage?
looks like powers car will have the same livery as the crapwagon he is driving.

Winston Wolfe
04-20-08, 08:03 PM
I signed the *car* with my son, actually, you signed an insert that was going to be placed on the sidepod of Tags car. You had to make a $20 donation to CARA charities in order to sign, and there was some element of control as to what you COULD sign.... I would have loved to do the MD20\20 > AV, but they said no political saying or promotions could be written. I just wrote my son's name, my name and "CHAMPCAR 4EVER" for my $20.....:thumbup:
Then my son got his pic taken with Tag, holding the insert. My son thought that was outstanding.... for me, definitely worth the $20 ! I'll post a pic if I can figger it out

RHR_Fan
04-20-08, 10:49 PM

I don't get it. :confused:

dando
04-20-08, 10:57 PM
I don't get it. :confused:

Mad Dog 20/20 (cheap wino wine) is better the Aussie Vineyards wine, yo (a slight on Aussie Vineyards since KV Racing stole them and Will Powers from Walker).

http://www.bumwine.com/

-Kevin

SteveH
12-25-09, 02:29 AM
I signed it. :thumbup:

Last race that I've been to. :thumdown:

RusH
12-26-09, 12:23 AM
So dando didn`t kill this forum after all? :gomer:

Winston Wolfe
12-29-09, 08:45 PM
I signed the *car* with my son, actually, you signed an insert that was going to be placed on the sidepod of Tags car. You had to make a $20 donation to CARA charities in order to sign, and there was some element of control as to what you COULD sign.... I would have loved to do the MD20\20 > AV, but they said no political saying or promotions could be written. I just wrote my son's name, my name and "CHAMPCAR 4EVER" for my $20.....:thumbup:
Then my son got his pic taken with Tag, holding the insert. My son thought that was outstanding.... for me, definitely worth the $20 ! I'll post a pic if I can figger it out

Well, its taken some time, but now that the Champ Car Forum is open, I thought I'd take a shot at putting the pics in that I said I would try to back in 2008... see if this works....

Winston Wolfe
12-29-09, 08:58 PM
OK, so I got the photos to show.... I will add another one of Tag holding the insert for the car.
For my $25 I wrote "Nick & Jack (my son) - Champcar Rules!".
My son was so stoked to be around the paddock area and he is already making an autograph collection for himself. I'll add a few more photos from that memorable day.

Makes me laugh to see the 7 yrd old son in the shades. I loved his cheesy Elvis glasses in pure imitation gold.... he insisted on wearing them, and remember him telling PT that PT was his favorite driver and PT told him the glasses were cool.... made the kids day !:thumbup: