PDA

View Full Version : Spa-Francorchamps Info

dirtyboy
04-15-08, 03:32 PM
I may be in Amsterdam for a month or two around the time of the Belgium GP. Has anyone been to Spa before? I was looking for camping info, but I can’t find any. Can I get reasonably close to the circuit by train (from Amsterdam)? Anyone know where I can get questions like these answered? Thanks.

Dirty Sanchez
04-15-08, 07:23 PM
I may be in Amsterdam for a month or two around the time of the Belgium GP. Has anyone been to Spa before? I was looking for camping info, but I can’t find any info. Can I get reasonably close to the circuit by train (from Amsterdam)? Anyone know where I can get questions like these answered? Thanks.I've been three times before (1999, 2004, 2005) and this year will be my 4th visit. I can't help you on the train question... but I would think you should be able to get as close as Liège for sure. it's a fairly large city... not far from the circuit.

for camping I would recommend Camping de l'Eau Rouge.

www.eaurouge.nl

it's actually much closer to the Stavelot entrance of the circuit (about 1.5 miles) than Eau Rouge however.

cameraman
04-15-08, 08:00 PM
You can get from Amsterdam to Spa by train but need to take three trains to do it.

Amsterdam to Brussels 2hr 40min
Brussels to Verviers 1 hr 19 min
Verviers to Spa 23 minutes

Then there is a short bus ride to the Francorchamps.

Michaelhatesfans
04-16-08, 03:56 PM
I haven't been since '97, but when I was there we just camped right in the parking lot between Les Combes and Rivage. There were a few thousand others doing the same thing - we just put up the tent right next to the car. I don't think anyone would notice whether you had a car or not.

Bring lightweight water proofs and sunblock.

Oh, and the Germans like to shoot off fireworks and drink all night (not that there's anything wrong with that), so you may want to make sure that your tent can withstand a roman candle or two.:cool:

http://www.spa-francorchamps.be/gfx/news/new_circuit.jpg