PDA

View Full Version : Something new

morgahorse
04-13-08, 05:34 PM
Champ Car might be no more than happy memories now ... but that doesn't mean those Panoz chassis' are.

Turn up the volume & check out this vid of the new series on the block, the Superleague Formula.

(the chap behind the wheel is our good friend Bruce Jouanny, who's got single seater & lms sports car racing on his resume, he also doesn't smell of garlic, nor set fire to sheep in the streets around Paris... which is kind of unusual.... for a Frenchman (allegedly)

http://www.vimeo.com/761135

Chaos
04-13-08, 07:36 PM
Champ Car might be no more than happy memories now ... but that doesn't mean those Panoz chassis' are.

Turn up the volume & check out this vid of the new series on the block, the Superleague Formula.

(the chap behind the wheel is our good friend Bruce Jouanny, who's got single seater & lms sports car racing on his resume, he also doesn't smell of garlic, nor set fire to sheep in the streets around Paris... which is kind of unusual.... for a Frenchman (allegedly)

http://www.vimeo.com/761135

It's a completely different chassis and engine...

the V12 has got some angry sound though. I like it.

NismoZ
04-14-08, 04:38 PM
Sure, I hear the '01 and this car don't share much, but the family resemblance is certainly there. Can we stick a turbo Honda or Cosworth in it, turn the screws on :tony: and call it the next gen Indy Car? Be nice of SL to test it for us and work out the bugs for '010.:)

RusH
04-17-08, 07:29 AM
That`s the series that will have cars from different soccer teams around the worlds compete on the track right?
That would mean AC Milan could enter Indy...no thanks :gomer:

trish
08-31-08, 11:51 AM
Did anyone besides RusH get to see the inaugural race?

trish
08-31-08, 12:12 PM
It looks like race # 2 is on now. The video feed is hit or miss.

edit: Video seems to be working now although I'm sure the race is close to being over. But they are showing it from the beginning.

Condensed.

cameraman
08-31-08, 04:53 PM
Nice to see Nelson Phillipe is driving again.

Anteater
09-03-08, 08:19 PM
It's a Champ Car with an airbox! Nice. :cool:

cameraman
09-04-08, 01:06 PM
Okay this is annoying. The series is using Octoshape for their video feed of the races. You have to download the plugin in order to see the video but in the process it turns your machine into a peer-to-peer server. I have absolutely no interest in using my machine as a p2p server.:flame::thumdown: