PDA

View Full Version : Deadliest Catch Season 4

devilmaster
04-13-08, 05:26 PM
Starts Tuesday, April 15... :cool:

cart7
04-13-08, 09:36 PM
:thumbup:

I've been watching the marathon in the meantime.

Warlock!
04-14-08, 11:54 AM
I will definitely be on the crab.

ChampcarShark
04-14-08, 12:29 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Season 3 was awesome. Can't wait to see how they are going to top that.

Specially the behind the scenes episode, 52 $20,000.00 dollars cameras and all gone by th end of the season, Ouch!!!!

RaceGrrl
04-14-08, 11:52 PM
I watched the marathon this past weekend. Need to set the Tivo for this season.

Found this on Wiki last night:

Discovery Channel voice artist Mike Rowe, who narrates the U.S. airings of the series, was originally supposed to be the on-air host as well and had appeared in taped footage as himself during the first season of shooting; as filming of the first season was nearing completion, Discovery greenlighted production on another Rowe project, Dirty Jobs, under the condition that Rowe choose only one show upon which to appear in person. As Rowe relates the story, Discovery told him that the two shows would be airing back-to-back on the same night, thus, "'we can't have you telling us stories about six dead fishermen on camera and making a fart joke with your arm in a cow's ass.'"

extramundane
04-15-08, 09:29 AM
There was a good article on the show in the Sunday NYTimes a couple weeks ago, concentrating on the love-hate relationship the crews and the town of Dutch Harbor have with the show. Who knew the groupie factor would be so high?

Apparently there's also a pretty large-scale documentary about the making of the show on tap, as well as more cameras in different places (galley and underwater were specifically mentioned) and a few new ships. Should be a good season.

TrueBrit
04-15-08, 11:10 AM
Today's the day!!!

Back-to-back new episodes tonight!!!

Sean Malone
04-15-08, 11:20 AM
There was a good article on the show in the Sunday NYTimes a couple weeks ago, concentrating on the love-hate relationship the crews and the town of Dutch Harbor have with the show. Who knew the groupie factor would be so high?

Apparently there's also a pretty large-scale documentary about the making of the show on tap, as well as more cameras in different places (galley and underwater were specifically mentioned) and a few new ships. Should be a good season.

There is a video game now complete with all your beloved crabbers. You know you hit the bigtime when they make a video game of you. Hell, IndyCar doesn't even have one. :D

TrueBrit
04-15-08, 12:59 PM
I knew about the video/computer game....any idea when it comes out?

TKGAngel
04-15-08, 01:15 PM
Back-to-back new episodes tonight!!!

So both episodes are new tonight? I thought the later one was just a mislabeled repeat. Must remember to update the TiFaux when I get home.

TrueBrit
04-15-08, 01:29 PM
So both episodes are new tonight? I thought the later one was just a mislabeled repeat. Must remember to update the TiFaux when I get home.

Yup...according to the tv listing and online it's two new ones tonight...

Brickman
04-13-09, 06:45 PM
Season 5 Tuesday!

WickerBill
04-13-09, 08:38 PM
Both DVRs are set.

Gnam
04-13-09, 08:46 PM
When are they going to catch a submarine? :gomer:

nrc
04-13-09, 10:07 PM
Both DVRs are set.

Always a good policy with a DirecTV DVR. ;)

WickerBill
04-14-09, 06:26 AM
Always a good policy with a DirecTV DVR. ;)

I knew I could count on you to take that softball... :)

TKGAngel
04-14-09, 07:59 AM
The morning snooze had a nice (albeit slightly spoilery) article about the new season of DC.

http://www.buffalonews.com/entertainment/story/639249.html

oddlycalm
04-14-09, 07:14 PM
The stories about groupies in Dutch Harbor are a hoot and I wuz wonderin' where crab man groupies in Dutch Harbor, AK rated on the overall groupie hierarchy chart...? :confused: :D

Do they come from regular fishing towns like Newport, Garibaldi and Greys Harbor or big cities...? I've been to the Surf Club in Garibaldi on a Saturday night and if there were any prize catches there I musta missed 'em while I was in the can. The tattoo vs teeth ratio was heavily on the tattoo side. :gomer:

oc

Brickman
04-29-09, 01:13 AM
Rough seas, tough episode. :(

nrc
04-29-09, 01:57 PM
Yeah, very sad. Just a reminder of how the slightest malfunction in heavy seas can doom a ship. It's frightening to think how much sleep deprived captains and crews could increase that risk. I guess OSHA rules don't apply in international waters. :\

TrueBrit
04-30-09, 03:05 PM
I guess OSHA rules don't apply in international waters. :\

I was thinking the same thing last night watching that...I would be a gibbering idiot after 24 hours straight and in no shape to deal with heavy machinery...how those guys do it AND in those seas is beyond me...

WickerBill
04-30-09, 06:21 PM
What did you think of Keith diving to repair his ship in episode 2 instead of going back to port, and nearly losing his head -- literally?

oddlycalm
04-30-09, 06:33 PM
What did you think of Keith diving to repair his ship in episode 2 instead of going back to port, and nearly losing his head -- literally?
0 sleep + 10 Red Bulls + 3 packs of cigarettes + economic pressure = busted head

oc

TKGAngel
04-30-09, 08:00 PM
I was thinking the same thing last night watching that...I would be a gibbering idiot after 24 hours straight and in no shape to deal with heavy machinery...how those guys do it AND in those seas is beyond me...

Sig's mentioned a couple of times that he exists on cigs, chocolate and caffeine while out on the boat.

nrc
04-30-09, 08:08 PM

I thought, why didn't he just send the camera crew down and let them look. :)

devilmaster
04-30-09, 11:53 PM
didn't have a chance to see episode 3 till just now.

bloody hell. :(

extramundane
02-10-10, 08:45 AM
RIP Phil Harris (http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/deadliestcatch/phil-harris/).

chop456
02-10-10, 08:53 AM
Sucks. Not surprising, but that doesn't make it suck less.

RIP.

WickerBill
02-10-10, 10:01 AM
Is it bad that all I can think about is how they'll handle this on the show? Starts in April.

TrueBrit
02-10-10, 10:15 AM
Man what a bummer...he was a true character..lived life to the fullest..hope his boys will carry on..

tllips
02-10-10, 10:55 AM
Haven't watched the show in a couple of seasons, but I did like Phil and his boys.

:(

TKGAngel
02-10-10, 11:07 AM
WB, I've had the same thoughts. This season is shaping up to be a four hanky one for sure. In addition to Phil's passing, Northwestern Jake's father went missing last month.

Elmo T
02-10-10, 11:25 AM
Is it bad that all I can think about is how they'll handle this on the show? Starts in April.

"Tonight, on a very special episode of..."

Actually, I'll give Discovery Channel some props and I think they will actually handle this with some dignity and respect. At least I hope so...

RaceGrrl
02-10-10, 01:29 PM
Godspeed, Captain Harris.

He was my favorite captain to watch. :(

rosawendel
02-10-10, 01:49 PM
well, fart bubbles.

WickerBill
02-10-10, 01:53 PM
Man I hope they somehow give that boat to Josh instead of Jake.