PDA

View Full Version : No more Gumbel on NFLN

dando
04-11-08, 11:53 PM
Not that it matters to me since I don't get it, and really don't care to watch it, but Gumbel is stepping away from the mic. :thumbup:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3342289

-Kevin

Insomniac
04-12-08, 12:21 AM
I'll reserve my celebrations until they name the new crew.

dando
04-12-08, 12:43 AM
I'll reserve my celebrations until they name the new crew.

Not a new crew, just a new play-by-play guy. Problem is they can't use someone doing NFL or college games due to conflicts with weekly games on their home network...unless they give up the network job (unlikely). Mebbe they can go back to the silent booth experiment (better than the booth combo that had before).

-Kevin

WickerBill
04-12-08, 08:33 AM
Gus Johnson Gus Johnson Gus Johnson

Andrew Longman
04-12-08, 08:40 AM
"But we've agreed that we'd all be better served going in different directions."

Translation: "We agree I suck and the viewers have suffered enough"

dando
04-12-08, 09:21 AM
Gus Johnson Gus Johnson Gus Johnson

Does he do foosball? I know the poor bastid does Knicks games. :saywhat: He's also one of the better play-by-play guys paired with Clark Kellogg for CBS college hoopies.

-Kevin

Insomniac
04-12-08, 09:56 AM
Not a new crew, just a new play-by-play guy. Problem is they can't use someone doing NFL or college games due to conflicts with weekly games on their home network...unless they give up the network job (unlikely). Mebbe they can go back to the silent booth experiment (better than the booth combo that had before).

-Kevin

You give them too much credit. I wouldn't put it past them to toss 2 more people in the booth with Collinsworth.

Insomniac
04-12-08, 09:58 AM
Does he do foosball? I know the poor bastid does Knicks games. :saywhat: He's also one of the better play-by-play guys paired with Clark Kellogg for CBS college hoopies.

-Kevin

Yeah, he does NFL for CBS too.

dando
04-12-08, 11:57 AM
Yeah, he does NFL for CBS too.

OK. I think I recall getting for a Cincy/Brownies game, but we usually get stuck with the low-end bozos for Cincy or Brownies games. :irked: Again, I doubt a guy like that would leave a FT spot w/CBS doing foosball and hopes to do ~6 games or so for NFLN. Mebbe bring back Keith Jackson. :D

-Kevin