PDA

View Full Version : FTG will be at Long Beach on race day

Anteater
04-10-08, 04:22 PM
I just received an email with this information:

"Doing the Twin Ring - Long Beach double: Drivers won't be allowed to run Japan on Saturday (9PM PT Friday night) and then fly to Long Beach and run that on Sunday. No double dipping the points. BUT we have confirmation that TG will be at both races. A flight Saturday night out of Japan will get him across the International Date Line to Long Beach by early Saturday evening. Some of the other drivers might come with him."
:yuck:

dando
04-10-08, 04:27 PM
I just received an email with this information:

"Doing the Twin Ring - Long Beach double: Drivers won't be allowed to run Japan on Saturday (9PM PT Friday night) and then fly to Long Beach and run that on Sunday. No double dipping the points. BUT we have confirmation that TG will be at both races. A flight Saturday night out of Japan will get him across the International Date Line to Long Beach by early Saturday evening. Some of the other drivers might come with him."
:yuck:

Well, I was secretly hoping for a plane crash until I read the part about the drivers. :irked: :tony:

-Kevin

Sean Malone
04-10-08, 04:47 PM
Like I mentioned in another thread, at the beginning of the St Pete IndyCar race the announcer gave a very nice speech about the so called ‘merger’ and they proceeded to present all of the team owners with some sort of plaque. I’m guessing they have some sort of plan along that line for LB for a positive spin on why this is Champ Cars last race.

nissan gtp
04-10-08, 04:52 PM
Everyone in the IRL has been kissing CC's ass bigtime. Got to get the car count up, eh?

oddlycalm
04-10-08, 04:58 PM
Here's hoping he eats a bad piece of fish and has a miserable flight.

oc

shaggy_socal
04-10-08, 08:19 PM
For the love of all things CC, please ESPN2...PLEEEEEAAASE Do Not interview TG or even show his ugly mug during the race broadcast.

Let the CC fans pay their repects in peace.

SteveH
04-10-08, 08:47 PM

oc

Actually I hope he has an enjoyable flight.

Its the landing that I'm more interested in. ;)

racermike
04-11-08, 12:44 AM
Actually I hope he has an enjoyable flight.

Its the landing that I'm more interested in. ;)

If its an American Airlines jet, then its 50/50

JohnHKart
04-11-08, 02:55 PM
If I ever see FTG I will not be able to control my words. I'm sure he steers well clear of spectators and has the largest, toughest black guy he can find as security.

Insomniac
04-11-08, 03:46 PM
If I ever see FTG I will not be able to control my words. I'm sure he steers well clear of spectators and has the largest, toughest black guy he can find as security.

Wasn't TG at LB before? I seem to recall him being there within the last couple of years. (Just like Rahal)

Gnam
04-11-08, 03:53 PM
He was there for the 2004 race. I remember he wore a staw hat and a stupid look on his face.

shaggy_socal
04-11-08, 07:12 PM
He was there for the 2004 race. I remember he wore a staw hat and a stupid look on his face.

Like this?

http://atangledweb.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/scarecrow_oz.gif

IMO, the scarecrow was much more intelligent. :)

IIRC, someone did snap a photo of him at LB in 04, but I couldn't find it for comparison.

JohnHKart
04-12-08, 06:56 AM
Like this?

http://atangledweb.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/scarecrow_oz.gif

IMO, the scarecrow was much more intelligent. :)

IIRC, someone did snap a photo of him at LB in 04, but I couldn't find it for comparison.

LOL you can tell the scarecrow's smart by looking into his eyes.

Anteater
04-15-08, 09:24 PM

oc

I like your way of thinking, oc! :thumbup: