PDA

View Full Version : The Quest For The Cup...

Pages : [1] 2 3

JoeBob
04-09-08, 04:00 PM
Kicks off tonight. I'll be in the stands tonight as our Minnesota Wild take on The Olympic Dive Team... er Avalanche.

Discuss amongst yourselves...

TKGAngel
04-09-08, 04:16 PM
Have fun, JoeBob!

CBC and Versus are both showing the Sens/Pens tonight. Yay.

dando
04-09-08, 04:26 PM
:cool:

Should be some fun match ups in the first round. :thumbup:

Go Phlyers and anyone playing NJD and the Red Army. :D

-Kevin

JoeBob
04-09-08, 04:45 PM
We've got 8PM start times for our home games because of Versus and TSN are carrying most of the games. Tonight, TSN is showing the game in Canada, so if there's overtime, it could be a long night! (I also have tickets for game 7, although I'm hoping we won't need it.)

We've got a lot tougher team this year than last. Probably better suited for playing Calgary or Anaheim than Colorado. As a result, we probably won't dress Boogaard, Fedoruk, and Simon tonight. The whole team has a lot more swagger with those 3 in the lineup.

Dr. Corkski
04-09-08, 05:45 PM
http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/3305/rocktheredba4.png

Caps in 3. :thumbup:

Don Quixote
04-09-08, 06:59 PM
Are they letting Simons out of prison to play? :D

TKGAngel
04-09-08, 07:21 PM

Fun Fact: Rock Your Red is the NJD slogan for these playoffs.

Go Phlyers and anyone playing NJD and the Red Army.

If the Phylers and the Rangers advance far into in the playoffs, I'm going to be sticking my head in the oven. The local media will be unbearable with the "I told you sos" regarding Briere and Drury.

dando
04-09-08, 07:42 PM
If the Phylers and the Rangers advance far into in the playoffs, I'm going to be sticking my head in the oven. The local media will be unbearable with the "I told you sos" regarding Briere and Drury.

Go Phlyers! :p

I actually cannot stand NYR (aka: the Waynegers), so pulling for them vs. NJD is a stretch. :irked:

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
04-09-08, 08:16 PM
404 Senators Not Found

anait
04-09-08, 10:23 PM
404 Senators Not Found

Yeah. Bryan Murray looked more livid than usual, in that furious-yet-restrained way he usually has. Hope Volchenkov makes it back soon.

And I really hope the injured Wild player is okay, he looked completely out of it on the ice. :eek:

Don Quixote
04-10-08, 12:11 AM
JoeBob, you saw an epic game. Not much love on the ice tonight, both teams playing like it was game 7. Whew! Note: I saw quite a few North Star Divers. :p

JoeBob
04-10-08, 01:18 AM
Excellent game, but there's no stomach punch like an overtime winner from The Bad Guys.

We had them on the ropes, too.

Should be a fun series. I'm glad I have tickets for game 7.

tllips
04-10-08, 11:02 AM
Excellent game, but there's no stomach punch like an overtime winner from The Bad Guys.

We had them on the ropes, too.

Should be a fun series. I'm glad I have tickets for game 7.

Just a question, IF there is no game 7, do you lose your ticket/get refund, or does it roll into the next series?

i.e. When I had Blackhawks tickets, they were numbered Game A, Game B, etc. So if the first round had a game seven, you would use your Game D tickets. If only two home games were played in the first series, Game D would be the 2nd home game in the 2nd round.

ChampcarShark
04-10-08, 01:18 PM
Hey, we are new to hockey.

Believe it or not, here in the middle of the dessert we have a team.
I was amazed when I attended a game, hope one day they grow to more professional levels.

JoeBob
04-10-08, 07:24 PM
Just a question, IF there is no game 7, do you lose your ticket/get refund, or does it roll into the next series?

i.e. When I had Blackhawks tickets, they were numbered Game A, Game B, etc. So if the first round had a game seven, you would use your Game D tickets. If only two home games were played in the first series, Game D would be the 2nd home game in the 2nd round.

I get a refund. The prices go up with each round.

They sell the tickets for each round as "Home Game 1", "Home Game 2", "Home Game 3", "Home Game 4." Had they not gotten home ice, I would already have my refund for "Home Game 4."

tllips
04-11-08, 09:28 AM
I get a refund. The prices go up with each round.

They sell the tickets for each round as "Home Game 1", "Home Game 2", "Home Game 3", "Home Game 4." Had they not gotten home ice, I would already have my refund for "Home Game 4."

How much do the tickets go up? We used to pay a 50% premium on every seat. Back then our regular seats were $60ea., so the playoffs would be $90ea. You paid $90/seat for the first playoff game, but you also paid $90 for game seven of the Cup Finals. I have not been a ticket holder (nor have the Blackhawks made the playoffs) for about 8 or 9 yrs, so I don't know if their policy has changed or not.

TKGAngel
04-11-08, 10:31 AM
The Montreal fans are really tempting the hockey gods. Singing "Na Na Na Na Goodbye" in Game 1 of a series is asking for trouble.

Interesting little stat from last nights Ducks/Stars game: every single player on either team finished the game at a 0 +/- rating.

tllips
04-11-08, 11:44 AM
The Montreal fans are really tempting the hockey gods. Singing "Na Na Na Na Goodbye" in Game 1 of a series is asking for trouble.

Interesting little stat from last nights Ducks/Stars game: every single player on either team finished the game at a 0 +/- rating.

The Chicago Tribune (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-11-nhlrupapr11,1,6851385.story) thinks the Habs are playing the predators.

Canadiens 4, Predators 1: Sergei and Andrei Kostitsyn scored goals 1:28 apart in the opening minutes of their playoff debuts, and host Montreal remained perfect against Boston this season.

dando
04-11-08, 12:24 PM
The Chicago Tribune (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-11-nhlrupapr11,1,6851385.story) thinks the Habs are playing the predators.

That's because they haven't seen pro hockey in Chitown for years. :gomer: ;)

-Kevin

Sean O'Gorman
04-11-08, 01:30 PM
This coming from a CBJs fan?

Don Quixote
04-11-08, 01:34 PM

Yeah, but you should see the draft picks that they have assembled. :laugh:

Ankf00
04-11-08, 01:41 PM

he's a Phlyers fan too, double fail. :gomer:

TKGAngel
04-11-08, 01:50 PM
That's because they haven't seen pro hockey in Chitown for years. :gomer: ;)

-Kevin

Isn't that going to change next year? I thought I read that all Chicago games were going to be on TV.

tllips
04-11-08, 02:32 PM
Isn't that going to change next year? I thought I read that all Chicago games were going to be on TV.

Yes, all of the Hawks games will be on TV next year. Many on free TV (WGN). Rocky Wirtz has certainly been making the right moves since his Dad passed away last September.

1. Put Bob Pulford out to pasture.
2. Put as many home games on TV as was possible given he didn't start until after the season started.
3. Hired marketing guru John McDonough from the Cubs. McDonough has kept Wrigley full for 24yrs as bad as the product on the field has been in that time.
4. They were a little lucky in the fact that both Kane and Toews were ready for the NHL and were able to add some highlight plays to the teams repertoire. But kudos to marketing the kids out there and trying to make them household names.
5. Brought Mikita, Hull and Tony O back into the family as Pulford and $ Bill had frozen them out of the organization. These men were/are fan favorites and some of the best players to ever don the jersey.

Now, we will see if Rocky can keep the momentum going next year. Just missing the playoffs will not be good enough.

TrueBrit
04-11-08, 05:17 PM
That's because they haven't seen pro hockey in Chitown for years.

-Kevin

:rofl: :laugh: :rofl:

dando
04-11-08, 11:25 PM

We're not an Original 6 team, egit. :saywhat:

-Kevin

Tifosi24
04-11-08, 11:45 PM
Another OT game in Minnesota. Let's see what the Wild can do tonight.

On a side note, Notre Dame, the last at large team in the tournament, playing for the national championship against Boston College tomorrow night. After Saturday, we can answer beyond a shadow of a doubt which school God loves more.

Tifosi24
04-11-08, 11:48 PM
Game Blouses!! Keith Carney game winner at 1:14 of OT. Series tied at 1-1.

dando
04-12-08, 12:15 AM
he's a Phlyers fan too, double fail. :gomer:

Nah, I hardly follow the Phlyers these days. Not much time with the girls running about. It's more fun to watch Phlyer Phutility than the Phlyers. :gomer:

Go NYR. :D :gomer:

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
04-12-08, 02:36 AM
Patrick Thoresen is gonna lose a nut from blocking that shot. Seriously. :eek:

The two Frozen Four games last night were craptastic. NoDak never showed up and Billy Sauer should have his scholarship revoked.

Dr. Corkski
04-12-08, 02:41 AM
Oh, and:

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/2750/gyi00517410250412011024lm5.jpg

:D

dando
04-12-08, 12:01 PM

The two Frozen Four games last night were craptastic. NoDak never showed up and Billy Sauer should have his scholarship revoked.

ND > UM. Is that a good thing? :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
04-12-08, 12:04 PM
Oh, and:

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/2750/gyi00517410250412011024lm5.jpg

All hail the tallest dwarf! :tony:

Seriously, the Caps are the hottest in the east by far. IMO, Caps/Pens to decide the East. Too bad they'll likely meet b4 the East Finals. :(

-Kevin

Tifosi24
04-12-08, 03:03 PM

The second game wasn't too bad, but it hurts me to see the team that tied Mankato in the pairwise playing for the National Championship tonight. If this game goes to OT tonight, that will run the number of hockey games, in a row, I have watched that have gone into overtime to seven. And yes, Sauer should be made to play DIII hockey after that horrible performance.

TKGAngel
04-12-08, 03:07 PM

ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs2008/news/story?id=3343675) says that Thoreson was not hurt in blocking that shot.

The Pittsburgh / Ottawa game was fun to watch. I really thought it was going to go to OT, until Malone's sweet wraparound goal.

dando
04-12-08, 03:34 PM
ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs2008/news/story?id=3343675) says that Thoreson was not hurt in blocking that shot.

Duh. Everyone knows Phlyers have balls of steel. ;)
Red Army/Preds game 2 was 1-0 after 1 and then 4 goals in the first 5 minutes of period 2?!? I went to go make a sammich and missed all but one of that flurry. :(

-Kevin

dando
04-13-08, 10:50 AM
Ducks. :eek:

Chowds and NJD show signs of life @ home, Kipper getting ripped in Call Gary.

-Kevin

TKGAngel
04-13-08, 03:42 PM
Ducks. :eek: (pulling for them for Jody) :( We miss ya #45. :cry:

-Kevin

I really think the Ducks are going down. They've never won a playoff series when down 2-0, and S. Niedermayer looks a step or two off, which isn't helping matters.

Good to see Gerbe have a strong night for BC in the NCAA game. I just wonder how much his height is going to get inflated when he signs his contract with Buffalo?

dando
04-13-08, 04:28 PM

Upshall sez Ph*** you. :laugh:

Umberger :thumbup:

-Kevin

dando
04-14-08, 12:38 AM
:eek: Heckuva comeback by Call Gary. :eek:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
04-14-08, 07:58 AM
Man, yesterday was a great day to be a hockey fan. Two overtime games, a shutout, and a four goal comeback made for some excellent hockey. And, all of the games had a ridiculous moment or two:

- Doc Emerick announcing that Mrs. Marty Biron is scheduled to have their third child today, postponed from an earlier date that conflicted with a playoff game.

- Sean Avery acting like an ass in front of Marty Brodeur. I really would not have blamed Marty for whacking the heck out of Avery at that point.

- Soupy trying the spin-o-rama in the dying seconds of the SJ game, and causing a turnover that nearly led to another Calgary goal.

dando
04-14-08, 10:38 AM
- Sean Avery acting like an ass in front of Marty Brodeur. I really would not have blamed Marty for whacking the heck out of Avery at that point.

Except that he wasn't acting. :gomer: And yes, Marty would have gotten off on 'self defense' had he taken out Avery. :) Would have been a perfect day if NYR and NJD would have both lost. :D Good to see Jody getting ice time with the Sharkies in the playoffs. Heart & soul of the CBJ for a 6th round pick. :shakehead

-Kevin

JoeBob
04-14-08, 02:34 PM
My favorite Jody Shelley story came from earlier this season, and is the kind of "scouting report" you'd only hear when you have the likes of Boogaard, Fedoruk, and Simon on the same roster:

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/16881156.html

The game included Derek Boogaard's first fight since Nov. 23. Wednesday, he fought Jody Shelley, and Shelley didn't fare well. Back in November, he also fought Shelley, but when he played for Columbus.

From penalty box to penalty box, Boogaard says Shelley yelled, "We're going to fight again." Boogaard just laughed.

Said Todd Fedoruk, "He always says that."

dando
04-14-08, 03:00 PM
My favorite Jody Shelley story came from earlier this season, and is the kind of "scouting report" you'd only hear when you have the likes of Boogaard, Fedoruk, and Simon on the same roster:

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/16881156.html

Ummm, Booger has 4" and ~20 lbs. on Jody. Fedoruk? :laugh: Brashear replaced him in Philly as the team thug. Chris Simon shouldn't be playing in the NHL. Period.

My point about Jody was more about his off-ice community involvement and locker room presence than his on ice performance.

You want the Wild to be the new Broad Street Bullies? Check history and see how many Cups that'll get ya. :laugh:

-Kevin

JoeBob
04-14-08, 04:49 PM
I have no doubt Shelley is a good guy. Most enforcers are. Talk to people who played with Boogie or even Simon, ad they'll rave about how great they are. I just thought it was a funny story.

Fedoruk has actually turned himself into a valuable part of our team. With Boogaard around, he doesn't have to fight any more. And, we don't want him fighting. Ever since Boogie crushed his face, he's been useless in that role. (Search Youtube for Boogaard vs Fedoruk.) He's actually pretty good in front of the net, and generally plays with Gaborik and Demitra. Heck, he's even scored a Power Play Goal IN THE PLAYOFFS!

As for Simon, he might make his first playoff appearance tonight. When we dress Boogie, Fridge, and Simon, our skill players get a LOT of space on the ice.

dando
04-14-08, 04:57 PM
As for Simon, he might make his first playoff appearance tonight. When we dress Boogie, Fridge, and Simon, our skill players get a LOT of space on the ice.

No doubt. I'm looking forward to tonight's game. I missed the first two. :(

-Kevin

dando
04-14-08, 05:06 PM

Voila! Rule change.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs2008/news/story?id=3346729

"I've played for 15 years in this league. I've been watching games for 33 years. I had never seen that in my life," Brodeur said. "I don't think that kind of behavior should be done in front of the net, but there is no rule for it."

That was true Sunday, but not Monday. The NHL moved quickly to eliminate this activity by making an on-the-fly rule interpretation.

"An unsportsmanlike conduct minor penalty will be interpreted and applied, effective immediately, to a situation when an offensive player positions himself facing the opposition goaltender and engages in actions such as waving his arms or stick in front of the goaltender's face, for the purpose of improperly interfering with and/or distracting the goaltender as opposed to positioning himself to try to make a play," Colin Campbell, the NHL director of hockey operations, said in a statement.

-Kevin

TravelGal
04-14-08, 07:38 PM
The Iron Stick of Justice? :tony:

Dr. Corkski
04-15-08, 01:37 AM
Words cannot possibly describe this:

Gi5nCd1ZVrw

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

TKGAngel
04-15-08, 08:03 AM
I thought I was hallucinating when I saw that opening during last night's game. Then again, Ottawa's been a hot mess lately, why should their pre-game festivities be any different?

Voila! Rule change.

I give the league full credit to reacting to Avery's antics. It was really interesting to see how the different networks reacted to these antics. The Versus play-by-play guys were like "what a scamp, that Avery" while CBC's Ron McLean and Kelly Hrudey were having kittens over the whole thing.

JoeBob
04-15-08, 09:26 AM
No doubt. I'm looking forward to tonight's game. I missed the first two. :(

-Kevin

How could you not enjoy that one?

The game winner was all sorts of Karma. We lose Fozzie with a broken femur that totally could have been prevented by no touch icing (or Torrie Mitchell using his brain and playing the puck and not the body going for an icing). There's all this talk around the league about how rare it is for a scoring chance to happen because of a team beating out an icing call.

And then, we win a game like that!

Dr. Corkski
04-15-08, 10:41 AM
Colin Campbell is a useless vagina.

dando
04-15-08, 11:08 AM
These late OT games are killing me. :irked: :) I almost threw a beer @ the toob last night when the interviewed Footer. :mad: ;)

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
04-15-08, 06:25 PM
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/5382/chelicartyy5.jpg

dando
04-15-08, 09:01 PM
Mike Green == :laugh:

Is that Alfred Hitchcock behind the bench for the Caps? :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
04-15-08, 09:46 PM

Caps in 3.

BTW, ya can't win in 3 when it's a 7 game series, :gomer:.

Huet == **** in Canuckistan Francoise :laugh:

#8 == welcome to the playoffs, MVP wannabe. :gomer:

Can we get that logo changed to Rocking the Red....soon to be Rocked the Red? :-)

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
04-16-08, 02:32 AM
BTW, ya can't win in 3 when it's a 7 game series, :gomer:.Here comes Captain Obvious to the rescue. Did you hit your head waiting to jump onto that orange bandwagon so you can finally start your smack talk? :gomer:

Dr. Corkski
04-16-08, 02:47 AM
I thought I was hallucinating when I saw that opening during last night's game. Then again, Ottawa's been a hot mess lately, why should their pre-game festivities be any different?At least they made sure he wouldn't forget his lines. :laugh:

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/5660/401404804b62f2b2e2cu8.jpg

TKGAngel
04-16-08, 08:33 AM
Mike Green == :laugh:

Is that Alfred Hitchcock behind the bench for the Caps? :gomer:

-Kevin

That's who Boudreau looks like! I had just been calling him Mr. Potato Head. At least Versus has calmed down on the mentions that he was in Slap Shot.

I hate when all the teams I'm rooting against win. :irked:

Cork - the Senators video and now the picture have provided me with two days of blog material. Thank you for that.

Don Quixote
04-16-08, 09:44 AM
At least they made sure he wouldn't forget his lines. :laugh: That is great. Next time they should use a teleprompter.

Andrew Longman
04-16-08, 10:11 AM
"I've played for 15 years in this league. I've been watching games for 33 years. I had never seen that in my life," Brodeur said. "I don't think that kind of behavior should be done in front of the net, but there is no rule for it."

Somehow I'm remembering the scene from Slapshot where Michael Ontkean does the strip tease. :D

Andrew Longman
04-16-08, 10:13 AM
Words cannot possibly describe this:...

WWE?

:rolleyes:

Ottawa is in Canada, right? Hockey is their national sport?

Then again PT wore that wrestling mask... :)

TKGAngel
04-16-08, 10:30 AM
Somehow I'm remembering the scene from Slapshot where Michael Ontkean does the strip tease. :D

Avery's at the bottom of the list of players I would want to strip as a distraction technique.

anait
04-16-08, 10:49 AM
Avery's at the bottom of the list of players I would want to strip as a distraction technique.

:eek: Erasing mental picture now... :rofl:

dando
04-16-08, 11:11 AM
Here comes Captain Obvious to the rescue. Did you hit your head waiting to jump onto that orange bandwagon so you can finally start your smack talk? :gomer:

No bandwagon. I've been a card carrying Phlyers fan since the 70s before you were born, punk. I just don't follow regular season hockey much anymore other than the local soap opera. Plus, any time I can crap on a team you like is priceless. :gomer: :p

Yer kids are making too many mistakes (obvious). Ovechkin hasn't been a factor since period 3 in game 1 (obvious). Huet is playing like Marc Denis (obvious). Phlyers will still figger out a way to blow it in 7 or they'll lose in 4 in round 2. No worries. :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
04-16-08, 11:13 AM
I hate when all the teams I'm rooting against win. :irked:

That's the problem, you should root for the former slugs. ;) What's not to like about Philly? They cheer injuries and boo Santa....it's all about 'brotherly' love. :gomer: :saywhat:

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
04-16-08, 11:33 AM
No bandwagon. I've been a card carrying Phlyers fan since the 70s before you were born, punk. I just don't follow regular season hockey much anymore other than the local soap opera. Plus, any time I can crap on a team you like is priceless. :gomer: :p

Yer kids are making too many mistakes (obvious). Ovechkin hasn't been a factor since period 3 in game 1 (obvious). Huet is playing like Marc Denis (obvious). Phlyers will still figger out a way to blow it in 7 or they'll lose in 4 in round 2. No worries. :gomer:

-KevinAnd you were talking like there won't be a playoff bandwagon for you to jump on 2 weeks ago. :gomer:

The Caps have you exactly where they want. There is no way for the Caps to blow a 2-game lead in this series.

TKGAngel
04-16-08, 11:42 AM
That's the problem, you should root for the former slugs. ;) What's not to like about Philly? They cheer injuries and boo Santa....it's all about 'brotherly' love. :gomer: :saywhat:

-Kevin

I do root for former slugs...sort of.

Its not my fault that booing Briere cancels out rooting for Marty; that booing Soupy cancels out rooting for Mike Grier and Curtis Brown. About the only former slugs I'm rooting for with no qualms are Cory Sarich and Rhett Warrener in Calgary.

Andrew Longman
04-16-08, 01:04 PM
They cheer injuries and boo Santa....it's all about 'brotherly' love. :gomer: :saywhat:

-Kevin

When Michael Irvin ended his career by slamming his head against the concrete turf of the Vet, I cheered too... From 65 miles up river in my living room. :D

dando
04-16-08, 01:30 PM
And you were talking like there won't be a playoff bandwagon for you to jump on 2 weeks ago. :gomer:

The Caps have you exactly where they want. There is no way for the Caps to blow a 2-game lead in this series.

Based on past performance, why would I expect them to win against NJD and Pens to close out the season, followed by 2 of 3 in the first round that could have easily been 3 of 3 if Ovechkin hadn't woke up? Thus, they've exceeded my expectations, but I certainly don't expect to go any further than round 2. However, stranger things have happened... :)

-Kevin

dando
04-17-08, 11:41 AM
Preds. :thumbup:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
04-17-08, 12:35 PM
Sens. :rofl: :rofl:

Pens now wait to see if they play the winner of NYR/NJD or Boston.

dando
04-17-08, 01:27 PM
or Boston.

Yer kidding, right? Beantown boyz are done tonight.

Phlyers will go up 3-1 and proceed to lose the series to the Caps ala NJD/Phlyers back in '00. :gomer:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
04-17-08, 01:36 PM

Phlyers will go up 3-1 and proceed to lose the series to the Caps ala NJD/Phlyers back in '00. :gomer:

-Kevin

You know and I know the Bruins are done tonight, but I just report what I read in the Snooze.

dando
04-17-08, 01:51 PM
You know and I know the Bruins are done tonight, but I just report what I read in the Snooze.

I'd love for that to happen so that the Phlyers could play NYR/NJD, but it ain't gonna happen. :( That being said, the Chowds will roll off 3 straight Ws. :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
04-17-08, 10:54 PM
:p :cool: :tony: :D

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
04-17-08, 11:15 PM
Kudos to the Flyers, they have rallied around their team MVP Don Koharski so far. He has done a tremendous job of blowing calls that always end up in the Flyer's favor. :thumdown:

dando
04-18-08, 08:22 AM
:cry:

Fixed that for ya. :p :D

-Kevin

TKGAngel
04-18-08, 08:26 AM
Kudos to the Flyers, they have rallied around their team MVP Don Koharski so far. He has done a tremendous job of blowing calls that always end up in the Flyer's favor. :thumdown:

The Flyers/Caps game was ridiculous last night. 18 minutes of penalty time in the first period and a completely BS call on Kozlov at the end of the 3rd period. But then again it was BS call night in the NHL - see the call on Hagman in Dallas for Giggy interference that caused a goal to be waved off.

And what a mistake by Carey Price to completely turn the game into Boston's favor.

dando
04-18-08, 08:46 AM
The Flyers/Caps game was ridiculous last night. 18 minutes of penalty time in the first period and a completely BS call on Kozlov at the end of the 3rd period. But then again it was BS call night in the NHL - see the call on Hagman in Dallas for Giggy interference that caused a goal to be waved off.

And what a mistake by Carey Price to completely turn the game into Boston's favor.

Like I said, the Chowds will come back to win that series. ;) The stage has been set for the Phlyers to lose in 7. It's fate I tell ya. :gomer:

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
04-18-08, 10:09 AM

And what a mistake by Carey Price to completely turn the game into Boston's favor.The second Flyers goal by Carter right after a powerplay was a result of two blown calls in a row - the missed 4-min high stick on Carter and Jurcina getting called for an Upshall dive. The Hagman call just shows that the refs aren't actually paying attention and just making calls based on reputation.

Price was in trouble when he gave up that goal to that loser Fill Kessel.

TKGAngel
04-19-08, 09:23 AM
uWj3qcddVGU

Shut. Up. Sean. Avery.

Fatso can't hear you since he has three Stanley Cups and three Vezinas in his ears.

dando
04-19-08, 09:34 AM
Shut. Up. Sean. Avery.

Fatso can't hear you since he has three Stanley Cups and three Vezinas in his ears.
Jeebus. :saywhat: :irked: I seriously hope someone takes a run @ him in the next series. :mad:

-Kevin

dando
04-19-08, 02:03 PM
For once I agree with Mad Mike....Avery is a jerk. :irked:

-Kevin

dando
04-19-08, 04:15 PM
Best overall game for the Caps by far. Philly needs to come out with more energy in game 6, or this will '00 redux. :shakehead

-Kevin

EVL29
04-20-08, 01:04 AM

-Kevin

Game 7 is Monday night.

:laugh:

Don Quixote
04-20-08, 09:55 AM
meanwhile in the west .... :thumbup:

dando
04-20-08, 11:35 AM
meanwhile in the west .... :thumbup:

This just in...the Wild have now been renamed the Minisoda Mild. :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
04-20-08, 12:00 PM
Game 7 is Monday night.

Yup. Habs futility is only dwarfed by Phlyers Phutility. :gomer:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
04-20-08, 03:31 PM
This just in...the Wild have now been renamed the Minisoda Mild. :gomer:
Well, they play tough, but they came up against a hot goalie. Happens to the best of them. :)

TKGAngel
04-20-08, 03:57 PM
Yup. Habs futility is only dwarfed by Phlyers Phutility. :gomer:

-Kevin

I'm really rooting for the Bruins to win, even thought it would kill me in my playoff pool. Who doesn't love a #8 knocking off a #1?

The Habs game has even knocked Philly/Washington off of Versus tomorrow night.

dando
04-20-08, 04:05 PM
The Habs game has even knocked Philly/Washington off of Versus tomorrow night.

Not accoring to E$PN.com or Versus.com.....but that wouldn't surprise me. :(

-Kevin

TKGAngel
04-20-08, 04:20 PM
Not accoring to E$PN.com or Versus.com.....but that wouldn't surprise me. :(

-Kevin

NHL.com shows it as Versus.

If Montreal and Calgary go down tonight/tomorrow night, CBC's going to commit hari kari, since there will be no Canadian teams left.

dando
04-22-08, 10:05 PM
Hey, Corky...

:waves: :finger:

Nice series.

Commence officiating rant in 3, 2, 1... :p

-Kevin

dando
04-22-08, 10:21 PM
Game 7 is Monday night.

Habs 24 Chowds 0 :laugh:

Habs fans == pompous, arrogant bastids chanting all game long. :irked: :saywhat:

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
04-22-08, 11:51 PM
Finally tally:

Capitals 3
Don Koharski 2
Flyers 2

I don't have a problem giving the Flyers credit if they actually won the series, but even an unbiased fan would be able to tell that donut-chugging fat **** did everything in his power to win the game for West Jersey. :thumdown:

dando
04-23-08, 12:08 AM
Finally tally:

Capitals 3
Don Koharski 3
Flyers 1

I don't have a problem giving the Flyers credit if they actually won the series, but even an unbiased fan would be able to tell that donut-chugging fat **** did everything in his power to win the game for West Jersey. :thumdown:

Right on queue. :laugh: Didn't see most of the game except the 1st and OT. Obviously it's Drew Tate Zito's fault. :gomer:

Knowing that the Caps are saddled with Teddy "You've Got Mail" Leonsis as owner = priceless. :laugh:

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
04-23-08, 12:13 AM
The second Flyers goal occurred after Thoresen threw a Caps defender right into Huet and high-sticked him, leaving Kapanen with a wide-open net. Blatant goalie interference penalty that was missed.

If it wasn't for Leonsis the Caps wouldn't even be in DC anymore.

dando
04-23-08, 12:45 AM
The second Flyers goal occurred after Thoresen threw a Caps defender right into Huet and high-sticked him, leaving Kapanen with a wide-open net. Blatant goalie interference penalty that was missed.

If it wasn't for Leonsis the Caps wouldn't even be in DC anymore.

Yeah, I saw that on replay...the commentators seemed inconclusive on it. Fact is, if Sergei was paying attention, the game would likely have been over w/3 minutes to go.

Save the Caps happened in the early 80s...I seriously doubt they would have moved when Teddy AOL bought them in ~'99, as the expansion franchises were already announced. Sorry, but as much as I want to like Teddy AOL (ala Paul Allen), his fingerprints are all over the shell that is now AOL, where he made mega millions, and jobs are now overseas in Bungleore. YMMV. :irked:

BTW, I recall having a Caps sweatshirt while growing up in the 70s...likely because it was purchased on clearance due to the Caps pathetic performance as an expansion franchise. :D

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
04-23-08, 12:51 AM
The NHL is well known to invent rule interpretations to cover the officials' incompetence. See Buffalo-Dallas, 1999, about the only time Slugs fans actually had a case for whining. :p

It's just sad to see an evenly matched series decided by donut-eating fat ****'s incompetence.