PDA

View Full Version : It's the end of the IRL497.5 as we know it!

pchall
05-18-03, 09:34 PM
And I feel fine...

What a hoot.

After spending most of the day making a few repairs and building a couple shelves into my sister's kitchen cupboards I come home and find that Jenkins has had a tantrum on air, TrackForum has been cleansed of all discouraging words, and qualifying was clearly rigged to get the sacred 33 cars while keeping Sarah DNFisher and AJFore! in the field.

I could just climb a fence in happiness. ;)

RaceGrrl
05-18-03, 09:36 PM
Monkey see, monkey do.

pchall
05-18-03, 09:38 PM
After that I'm off to take a crap on Tony George's lawn.

Monkey see, monkey do, monkey doo-doo.

Chief
05-18-03, 10:29 PM
pchall, you didn't miss the Jenkins tantrum combined with the Ray Haroun piece on IMS destroying the scoring records in 1911 AND the Tom Carnegie piece on making up the 1982 winning times did you? They went this far to try and justify controversy, directly as it applied to the 2002 event. Nothing says integrity better than lying and cheating. Great work ABC/ESPN/Jenkins, you made yourselves look like asses (again). Only this time folks were paying attention.

Jenkins and Arute deserve to be fired.

Spicoli
05-18-03, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by pchall
After that I'm off to take a crap on Tony George's lawn.

Imitation is the highest form of flattery, or so I'm told.:thumbup:

DjDrOmusic
05-19-03, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by Chief
pchall, you didn't miss the Jenkins tantrum combined with the Ray Haroun piece on IMS destroying the scoring records in 1911 AND the Tom Carnegie piece on making up the 1982 winning times did you? They went this far to try and justify controversy, directly as it applied to the 2002 event. Nothing says integrity better than lying and cheating. Great work ABC/ESPN/Jenkins, you made yourselves look like asses (again). Only this time folks were paying attention.

Jenkins and Arute deserve to be fired.

I especially like the hack job of editing the Mouse did to make it appear as though PT passed Helio after the accident, and then ran the pieces you refer to. Maybe it was a way of ABC giving a super secret message to those that have the secret Mickey Mouse Club decoder rings that last year was a complete lie! ;) :eek:

RacinM3
05-19-03, 12:55 PM
This race will be dead in two years, at this rate. What a clusterf**k.

Chief
05-19-03, 02:03 PM
TF is in national security alert mode RED, looks to be hourly cleansing occuring. If I recall they disappeared last year too, didn't they? Sounds like a conspiracy...

pchall
05-19-03, 04:13 PM
I started paying attention to Indy in 1966.

This is the first time I know of that no one attempted a bump. Something is terribly wrong at 16th and Georgetown.