PDA

View Full Version : ALMS St. Pete

Brickman
04-05-08, 09:29 PM
Sorry... the silence was killing me.:\ ;)

RusH
04-05-08, 11:00 PM
It`s not my job mang..lol

It was good...and faster than the other series ....imagine that :D

Lets see now....... fans enjoying the "wow" factor along the fence. Something that the ICS is missing...give credit to Audi for the whooosh effect.
Ferrari blocking a Porsche:thumbup: ....passing for the lead...a gomer special :rofl:
Look, why talk about football in front of hockey fans, we are here, but this is a Champ Car site bro. ;)

cameraman
04-05-08, 11:19 PM
Sorry... the silence was killing me.:\ ;)

Didn't see the race, spent the day hiking in Zion National Park.
Guess that makes me a fan of the split:rolleyes:

Brickman
04-05-08, 11:31 PM

Good choice...

Beautiful Park!

I suggest out of town RVers stay here. http://www.zionriverresort.com/

Sean O'Gorman
04-05-08, 11:56 PM
Why wasn't in in HD?

indyfan31
04-06-08, 12:07 AM
Guess that makes me a fan of the split:rolleyes:

... tell me you took a camera.

I watched bits and pieces, kinda fun. I might go Saturday to the Long Beach race.

indyfan31
04-06-08, 12:09 AM
Why wasn't in in HD?
It wasn't? Then that was a damn nice picture on ABC's local HD channel.

SteveH
04-06-08, 12:22 AM

:thumbup:

When the last ever CART race at Fontana was to be held, I flew to Vegas and was going to drive in the day of the race. Of course, that did not happen. Instead I drove to Zion NP with a hangover :) and hiked it. Beautiful place, especially in the fall.

Sean O'Gorman
04-06-08, 12:26 AM

It wasn't in HD on the local ABC affiliate. The same thing happened with the Rolex 24, though I was told Fox was just upconverting a 480p picture.

cameraman
04-06-08, 01:48 AM
... tell me you took a camera.

Only in a snapshot sense. I've spent the last couple days packing a 35 lb three year old. There are few things in this world less conducive to nature photography. "Daddy these mountains are boring":rolleyes: He thought the Springdale Elementary School playground was way cool though:laugh: This is about my 30th time down here, it's about a four hour drive from home.

I do have a pair of Downy Woodpeckers excavating a nest hole right in front of the hotel. The light should be in the right place in the morning before we leave. Usually karma isn't so kind. I didn't bother with a tripod or any gear to speak of but I did toss a 300 mm IS the car on a whim:cool:

extramundane
04-06-08, 03:15 AM

Wasn't remotely in HD here- looked like shjiznit. Good race, though. Biggie congrats to Tafel.