PDA

View Full Version : no traction control

High Sided
04-04-08, 07:00 PM
i'm loving it.......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UvWPczMOtg

ilferrari
04-05-08, 11:07 AM
He spun off a kerb. I still haven't seen a cars regularly spin off the racing line in years

Andrew Longman
04-05-08, 11:26 AM
Lucky he didn't break a wrist. He hung onto the steering wheel all the way to the wall.

Odd too to see the strange mix of corner workers. One guy in kakkis and dress shirt. Others in jumpsuits and other garb. No one exactly rushed to his aid. And no one was really paying attention until he hit the wall in front of them. They seems a little unsure of what to do.

Insomniac
04-05-08, 02:31 PM
It was interesting how it bounced of the tire wall.

SteveH
04-05-08, 03:08 PM
Lucky he didn't break a wrist. He hung onto the steering wheel all the way to the wall.

Yep, noticed that as well. Evidently he doesn't have much experience in crashing. ;) That was a pretty good clout. I'd imagine he'll have some sore muscles tomorrow.

Rogue Leader
04-05-08, 08:24 PM
Yep, noticed that as well. Evidently he doesn't have much experience in crashing. ;) That was a pretty good clout. I'd imagine he'll have some sore muscles tomorrow.

First thing they teach you at Skip Barber about crashing, yes of course save the car if you can but if you know you're screwed (such as was very obvious here) let go of the steering wheel and cross your arms over your chest.

I whacked the armco in the back straight at Lime Rock a few years ago in a Skippy car and if I hadn't let go I definitely would have broken my arm.