PDA

View Full Version : KK Takes A Tumble

Corner5
04-02-08, 01:40 PM
From Speed.com

KALKHOVEN INJURED

Kevin Kalkhoven missed the opening race of the series he helped put together because he’s in a Colorado hospital recovering from a nasty fall on the ski slopes.

The co-owner of Champ Car whose two-car KV Racing entry finished 12th (Oriol Servia) and 25th (Will Power) at Homestead last Saturday night, suffered four broken ribs, a punctured lung and a concussion after taking a tumble in Aspen.

“Kevin is an excellent skier, he’s been doing it for 35 years, and this is the second nasty fall he’s had in the last couple years,” said Dick Eidswick, the former president of Champ Car and a life-long friend of Kalkhoven’s who was skiing with the 63-year-old Aussie.

“He’s hurting pretty good right now but he should be back for Long Beach.”

Where is Spicoli skiing right now? ;)

dando
04-02-08, 01:47 PM
Where is Spicoli skiing right now? ;)

Hmmm, Spickly, Anky, skaven....even DQ could be suspects. ;) Hopefully he gets better for LBGP....I don't want him to mis any of the heckling. :gomer: :D

-Kevin

cameraman
04-02-08, 01:52 PM
Sounds like he hit a tree. One of these days his head will hit the tree instead of his ribs and that will be it. I've lost track of how many people have been killed hitting trees this season, it has been quite a few.:shakehead

Don Quixote
04-02-08, 02:19 PM
I read that there have been 14 fatalities in Colorado this season so far. :eek:

oddlycalm
04-02-08, 06:56 PM
KK does another face plant. (http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/robin-millers-open-wheel-notebook/)
Bottom of the page for details. Four broken ribs and a punctured lung.

“Kevin is an excellent skier, he’s been doing it for 35 years, and this is the second nasty fall he’s had in the last couple years,” said Dick Eidswick, the former president of Champ Car and a life-long friend of Kalkhoven’s who was skiing with the 63-year-old Aussie.

“He’s hurting pretty good right now but he should be back for Long Beach.”

oc

Chiphead_Dave
04-02-08, 09:24 PM
and this is the second nasty fall he’s had in the last couple years

Sounds like it's time to shoot that horse because he can't make any good
decisions about his business and he can't even keep his feet under him on the slopes.

Ankf00
04-02-08, 10:23 PM
officially Skaven and I are excluded from the investigation, I've only used 2 Vail/Beav days thus far and Skaven has a different pass altogether and KK isn't the type to go ride with the plebians.

Spickly and DQ on the other hand, who knows... ;) :tony:

anait
04-03-08, 01:14 AM
Spickly and DQ on the other hand, who knows... ;) :tony:

:D Wouldn't KK know to stay out of their way? :eek:

KLang
04-03-08, 07:14 AM
KK needs to take FTG with him more often.

Accipiter
04-03-08, 10:44 AM
I read that there have been 14 fatalities in Colorado this season so far. :eek:

Ski Vermont! ;)

Fio1
04-03-08, 11:40 AM
He was probably seen by Cosworth employee on a snow board who gave him a little nudge....:D

Chiphead_Dave
04-03-08, 12:57 PM
Ski Vermont! ;)

You can't get going fast enough on the bunny slopes Vermont calls ski runs to hurt yourself.:D

Ankf00
04-03-08, 01:05 PM
Ski Vermont! ;)

we're talking skiing, not downhill ice skating :gomer: