PDA

View Full Version : Press Release re: CBJ's

Don Quixote
04-02-08, 09:22 AM
It's all smiles around Nationwide Arena as the Columbus Bluejackets celebrate yet another successful season of converting its best players into draft picks. Last night the Jackets looked on with glee as the Colorado Avalanche clinched a playoff spot in Vancouver, giving the CBJ's yet another golden provisional draft pick. Scott Howson, general manager, said that "we are all about draft picks here in Columbus, that's what our fans want, and that's what the team wants." When asked if he would rather his own team make the playoffs some year, Howson stated "no, that's not the way to successfully hoard draft picks. To make the playoffs, you would have to keep some good players, and we are not about to do that. We would rather draft young prospects, develop them into great players and either trade them for more draft picks, or lose them to free agency. Either way, we get more draft picks. Plus, during the playoffs, our fans enjoy rooting against all the former CBJ stars that play throughout the NHL."

TKGAngel
04-02-08, 10:18 AM
We would rather draft young prospects, develop them into great players and either trade them for more draft picks, or lose them to free agency. Either way, we get more draft picks. Plus, during the playoffs, our fans enjoy rooting against all the former CBJ stars that play throughout the NHL."

Ah yes, another graduate of the Darcy Regier / Larry Quinn school of management.

Seriously though, teams are slowly proving that a strong draft will help get you on the road to success faster than a bunch of overpaid FA's.

JoeBob
04-02-08, 10:59 AM
Meanwhile, our Minnesota Wild (also from the Class of 2000) are one win away from their first division title.

No getting pushed around this year with Boogaard, Simon, and Fedoruk on the roster. (Although you'll only see all 3 of them in the lineup against certain teams.)

dando
04-02-08, 11:24 AM
:D

And now for the Avs to get bounced in round one. :D :p

Forsbad get his wheels working again just in time for another concussion? ;)

The playoff fight in the east is fun to watch. 'canes/Caps could be win the division, or yer out of the playoffs. Both have 90 points, with the Caps outside looking in (both play the same teams to finish the season...Bolts and Kitties). Meantime the Phlyers and Chowds have 91 points each. Phlyers play the Pens twice and NJD once, so I think they be toast. Chowds have NJD, Sens and Slugs remaining. Slugs managed to avoid being eliminated last night with a SO win. They close out against the Chowds, so it'll be interesting to see if the playoffs are on the line when they meet.

-Kevin

Don Quixote
04-02-08, 11:41 AM
And now for the Avs to get bounced in round one.

translated: "I'd rather root against the Avs than for my CBJ's" :p

Forsbad get his wheels working again just in time for another concussion?

Well, sometimes when you play in the playoffs, you play hurt. When you don't play in the playoffs, you don't have to worry about that. :p

TKGAngel
04-02-08, 11:48 AM

And now for the Avs to get bounced in round one. :D :p

Forsbad get his wheels working again just in time for another concussion? ;)

The playoff fight in the east is fun to watch. 'canes/Caps could be win the division, or yer out of the playoffs. Both have 90 points, with the Caps outside looking in (both play the same teams to finish the season...Bolts and Kitties). Meantime the Phlyers and Chowds have 91 points each. Phlyers play the Pens twice and NJD once, so I think they be toast. Chowds have NJD, Sens and Slugs remaining. Slugs managed to avoid being eliminated last night with a SO win. They close out against the Chowds, so it'll be interesting to see if the playoffs are on the line when they meet.

-Kevin

The Slugs are slowly trying to kill what fans they have left. They took the B's to overtime on Sunday and went to a 12-round shootout last night. Though if perhaps our goalie didn't let in two weak ones last night, the Slugs wouldn't have had to have gone to a shootout.

In the good news department, Weber and Sejkera have performed fantastically since getting called up from Rochester. And Teppo's been cleared to play, whether he does play is another story.

If both the Phylers and Bruins win tonight, the Slugs are toast. Go Devils and Pens!

Well, sometimes when you play in the playoffs, you play hurt. When you don't play in the playoffs, you don't have to worry about that.

ZING!

dando
04-02-08, 11:55 AM
translated: "I'd rather root against the Avs than for my CBJ's" :p

Well, sometimes when you play in the playoffs, you play hurt. When you don't play in the playoffs, you don't have to worry about that. :p

Realistically it's like the Bucks not making the dance. They're better off not making it and playing in the NIT for another 5 games than making the tourney and getting bounced in round 1.

Quite frankly, considering what the CBJs have endured this season with injuries, etc. I am quite satisfied with where they are. I think they are @ or near their all-time high for points, they've found some solid guys late in the season, and they are poised to acquire a couple of centers and maybe a top D through trades or FA. Me thinks the playoffs will happen next season. In the meantime, your guys just got a year older and ya just spent another season spinning your wheels. I've watched the Phlyers do the same thing for years. *shrugs*

-Kevin

TKGAngel
04-04-08, 11:55 AM
I've watched the Phlyers do the same thing for years. *shrugs*

-Kevin

Looks like the Phlyers are in a position to miss the playoffs if they don't win their last two games.

Please, oh please, let this happen. I don't think I can handle it around here if both of our former co-captains make the playoffs.

dando
04-04-08, 12:38 PM
Looks like the Phlyers are in a position to miss the playoffs if they don't win their last two games.

Please, oh please, let this happen. I don't think I can handle it around here if both of our former co-captains make the playoffs.

Oh it'll happen, trust me. Phyers Phutility catch it! :irked: If Boston wins one of their two and Philly loses one of two, stick a fork in Philly. Caps have one left vs. Kitties @ home, and they won't lose (good for Sergei). Slugs gots bounced with last night's loss. Bruins control their destiny to win the SE since they have a game in hand. My guess they lose @ Sens and beat the Slugs @ home. Phlyers will be done tonight, losing to NJD (1-6 this season vs. NJD). Even the NJD score goals against Philly. :laugh:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
04-04-08, 03:11 PM
Oh it'll happen, trust me. Phyers Phutility catch it! :irked: If Boston wins one of their two and Philly loses one of two, stick a fork in Philly. Caps have one left vs. Kitties @ home, and they won't lose (good for Sergei). Slugs gots bounced with last night's loss. Bruins control their destiny to win the SE since they have a game in hand. My guess they lose @ Sens and beat the Slugs @ home. Phlyers will be done tonight, losing to NJD (1-6 this season vs. NJD). Even the NJD score goals against Philly. :laugh:

-Kevin

Losing to the Sens. :laugh: :laugh: They're dropping like rocks in the EC, and losing Alfredsson and Fisher for at least the first round isn't going to help their cause.

Since my beloved Slugs are done, I'm now rooting for the NJD.

dando
04-04-08, 04:21 PM
I'm now rooting for the NJD.

Oh no you dint. Now I hate you. ;)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/75/Seinfeld_Ep_109_The_Face_Painter.png

OK, so the Chowds win both. Puts Phlyers fan out of his misery quicker. :) I've got no horse in this race, so I'm just gonna crack a beer(s), sit back and watch. :cool:

-Kevin

dando
04-04-08, 11:36 PM
Oh my.

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar/cup/news/story?id=3330087

NJDtards shutout by the Phlyers and the Phlyers are in because the 'canes lost to the Kitties. :eek: :laugh:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
04-05-08, 09:04 AM
Phlyers will be done tonight, losing to NJD (1-6 this season vs. NJD). Even the NJD score goals against Philly

You were saying...:)

Oh no you dint. Now I hate you.

Playing the trap and coach killing aside, that's what happens when you read a Devils blog during the season. You become brainwashed to like them.

dando
04-05-08, 03:34 PM
Playing the trap and coach killing aside, that's what happens when you read a Devils blog during the season. You become brainwashed to like them.

Dude. :saywhat:

Who woulda thunk the Phlyers would play D, have a G step up for a shut out, and score 3 against Marty B. I know NJD is starved for O almost as bad as the CBJ, but still. :saywhat:

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
04-06-08, 02:14 AM
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/7753/capsse1cc8.jpg

IBdando5thgradesmacktalk

dando
04-06-08, 11:10 AM
IBdando5thgradesmacktalk

Cork, you never graduated from 5th grade. :gomer: :shakehead

Congrats to the Caps. BTW, you're welcome for Sergei.

-Kevin

dando
04-06-08, 06:59 PM
And now the Phlyers shutout the Pens to keep the from the best record in the East. Go figger. :irked: :saywhat: :confused:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
04-06-08, 07:48 PM
And now the Phlyers shutout the Pens to keep the from the best record in the East. Go figger. :irked: :saywhat: :confused:

-Kevin

Yeah, but the fact that Marty's last two games have been shutouts means that he's going to turn into a sieve against Ovie and Co.

dando
04-06-08, 07:52 PM
Yeah, but the fact that Marty's last two games have been shutouts means that he's going to turn into a sieve against Ovie and Co.

I know. :gomer: :saywhat: :cry:

-Kevin

Ankf00
04-08-08, 02:27 PM
I'm now rooting for the NJD.

TKGAngel
04-08-08, 04:47 PM

I try.

I'm now trying to figure out if the World Championships are on TV in the States next month. I want to see the appropriate Sabres play for their home countries, since the fact that they were selected at all has me pretty happy.

dando
04-08-08, 06:46 PM
I try.

I'm now trying to figure out if the World Championships are on TV in the States next month. I want to see the appropriate Sabres play for their home countries, since the fact that they were selected at all has me pretty happy.

Good luck with that, yo. We're lucky to even have NHL on TV here in the states. Mebbe if you've got some good rabbit ears you'll be able to pick up some TSN coverage.

Briere is back for the playoffs:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3336703

You know you want to root fer yer former Slugs in Philly. NJD is just a nasty, trapping, offense-starved, watching paint dry team. :D

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
04-09-08, 12:50 AM
Briere is back for the playoffs:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3336703Wouldn't want Danielle to be diving around on a bum knee. :p