A350 v1
A350 v2
A350 v3
A350 vX?
A380 delays
A380 order cancellations
A380 freight cancellation
EADS insider trading

PARIS — The French financial market regulator filed a formal complaint on Tuesday against European Aeronautic Defense and Space Company, the parent company of Airbus, and more than a dozen current and former executives in connection with an inquiry into accusations of insider trading and other market abuses.

Evidence gathered during an 18-month inquiry was also sent immediately to the Paris prosecutor’s office for inclusion in any possible criminal investigation, the regulator, the Autorité des Marchés Financiers, said in a statement. A spokeswoman for the prosecutor’s office, Isabelle Montagne, declined to comment, saying officials had not yet received the report.

A preliminary report on the case, leaked to the French media in October, indicated that the investigation had focused initially on 21 top managers, including the two co-chief executives of EADS at the time, Noël Forgeard and Thomas Enders. Mr. Enders is now the chief executive of Airbus.

Mr. Forgeard, who was forced to resign in July 2006 amid the insider trading accusations, has consistently denied any wrongdoing. Calls to Mr. Forgeard and to his lawyer, Jean-Alain Michel, were not returned Tuesday.

Other Airbus executives named in the October report included Fabrice Brégier, now the chief operating officer; John Leahy, the head of customer relations; and Tom Williams, the head of aircraft programs.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/01/business/worldbusiness/01cnd-eads.html?hp

oddlycalm
04-01-08, 02:43 PM
And yet this gooberwerkes is where the Airforce insists it wants to hang it's hat for it's new fleet of tankers. :thumbup: :gomer:

oc

coolhand
04-01-08, 05:56 PM
Cool our strategic fleet is based on that. :thumbup: Boeing you losers.

Ankf00
05-28-08, 06:50 PM
Forgeard detained for questioning by the frenchies.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/29/business/worldbusiness/29airbus.html?hp

PARIS — Noël Forgeard, the former co-chief executive of European Aeronautic Defense and Space, was detained by the French police on Wednesday for for questioning about insider trading accusations linked to delays in the A380 program.

“He was called for questioning this morning with regard to his probable placement in detention,” a spokeswoman for Xavière Simeoni, the judge overseeing the case, said Wednesday.

Mr. Forgeard’s lawyer, Jean-Alain Michel, declined to comment, as did a spokesman for EADS. But a person with direct knowledge of the situation, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to reporters, said Mr. Forgeard had been placed in detention for 24 hours, which could be extended for another 24 hours.

Separately, the Airbus unit of EADS said Wednesday that orders for its A380 superjumbo would be a third lower than it previously forecast, as airlines grapple with higher fuel costs and slowing demand for air travel.

Don Quixote
05-28-08, 06:55 PM
Guilty until proven innocent in that system, I think. :eek:
As for the last sentence, I thought high gas prices was driving air travel up. What am I missing here?

oddlycalm
05-28-08, 08:30 PM
Forgeard detained for questioning by the frenchies. I'm sure it's all a misunderstanding....:gomer:

oc

Robstar
05-28-08, 09:10 PM
As for the last sentence, I thought high gas prices was driving air travel up. What am I missing here?

I guess driving the price up, therefore slowing demand

Ankf00
05-28-08, 10:30 PM
carriers are cutting routes charging as much as they can w/ the market & competition, but w/ fuel costs they're hemorrhaging $$$ regardless. ppl aren't flying instead of driving, they're just staying home.

RaceGrrl
05-30-08, 01:28 AM
This explains everything...

8jC7NKkjCe0

Ankf00
05-30-08, 01:33 AM
:D

Ankf00
05-30-08, 12:12 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/31/world/europe/31airbus.html?hp

"preliminary charges" filed, whatever those are

dando
05-30-08, 12:17 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/31/world/europe/31airbus.html?hp

"preliminary charges" filed, whatever those are

Not sure how the Frenchie courts work, but here preliminary charges usually means that a grand jury has not returned an indictment.

-Kevin

TravelGal
05-30-08, 07:16 PM
ppl aren't flying instead of driving, they're just staying home.

So it would seem. That is born out by the reduced capacity. Somehow everyone I know in the travel business is still quite busy. I think it's the short haul domestic market that is taking the biggest hit. Sorry for the hijack, you should pardon the term.