PDA

View Full Version : da Matta's return + Atlantics @ Laguna 5/08

FCYTravis
04-01-08, 05:07 AM
Who else is going to be at Laguna to see Shorty back up to speed, along with some great Atlantics action?

I'm flying in Friday night, will be in the pits/suites for Grand-Am Saturday and on the flagstation for Atlantics/BMW Sunday. :)

Schedule here: http://www.grand-am.com/assets/08LagunaPreliminarySchedule6.pdf

Anteater
04-01-08, 12:17 PM
Mr. Anteater and I will be there! :cool: :thumbup: Arriving Thursday and staying through Monday.

Anyone up for a get-together at La Paloma and/or the Crown & Anchor?

manic mechanic
04-01-08, 11:54 PM
Mrs. Manic and I will be there for the weekend, although I/we will probably only be at the track on Saturday ( I am smart enough to know not to commit the wife..She can do that on her own).

So much more to do on the peninsula (Point Lobos, the Aquarium, etc.). :thumbup:

Arriving Thursday and leaving Monday. Staying right next door to El Palomar (if we all want to dine/gather there on Saturday evening).

I have a feeling several other familiar faces will be in attendance that weekend as well... We shall see if they "chime in" and enlighten us. ;)

manic

FCYTravis
04-05-08, 05:29 PM
Definitely up for a get-together... assuming I don't end up at a victory party :cool:

Crown & Anchor sounds good to me.

Anteater
04-09-08, 11:14 PM
Although I'm staying near El Palomar too, I like the ambiance at Crown & Anchor better. Their patio heaters actually work, and the food is better!

Oh, do tell about those "familiar faces", manic. :)

extramundane
04-10-08, 09:11 AM
Definitely up for a get-together... assuming I don't end up at a victory party :cool:

Nobody,,,likes,,,a,,,hardcard,,,flaunter,,,,,,,,

:D

FCYTravis
04-12-08, 04:35 PM
Sadly,,,,my,,,,hardcard,,,,is,,,expired,,,whatever ,,,shall,,,,,I,,,dooo?... :cry:

Maybe,,,I,,,,can,,,make,,,,one,,,out,,,of,,,paper.

:rofl:

racermike
04-12-08, 06:23 PM
Sadly,,,,my,,,,hardcard,,,,is,,,expired,,,whatever ,,,shall,,,,,I,,,dooo?... :cry:

Maybe,,,I,,,,can,,,make,,,,one,,,out,,,of,,,paper.

:rofl:

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2002/1119/jamescoburn2.jpg
Man, that's just MEAN. That's MEAN, man!

TurboV8
04-13-08, 11:55 PM
Mrs. TurboV8 and I will be there too! It's our first trip to the peninsula and we're staying in Carmel!

We are open for suggestions!

Anteater
04-24-08, 10:08 PM
I ordered our tickets; pit access is a lot cheaper for this weekend! :thumbup: Not only that--I sprung for the 3-day VIP parking pass (because it's a looooong trek up & down those hills from the other lots), and was delighted to find out that buying the pass gives us the privilege of driving around the track at "parade speed" on Sunday before the Atlantics race! :cool: I'm gonna fly the Champ Car flag during our lap, in memory of...

manic mechanic
04-30-08, 12:16 AM
So: Saturday Night at Crown and Anchor?

We'll need to get a number to warrant "taking over the patio" (as we have been known to do in the past:D).

Who's up for it?

Time TBA (depending upon how big the group gets).:thumbup:

manic

Anteater
05-05-08, 10:35 PM
So we're up to 7 people. Anybody else? I received my ticket package in the mail, and it looks like it'll be a fun weekend.

There's something called the "Racing Showcase" at Del Monte Shopping Center Wed. from 5-7 pm, with pit stop demos and racecar displays.

There's a fan party at the Mucky Duck Fri. night from 5-8 pm (which is within walking distance of my motel :thumbup:). Enter to win an opportunity to become an "Honorary Pit Crew" member for one of the teams racing during the weekend.

On Saturday at 4:30, there's an "Ice Cream Social for the Fans!" at the track, featuring free ice cream served by your favorite racecar driver. My favorite will probably not be available though, having just climbed out of a racecar. :D

manic mechanic
05-12-08, 01:24 AM
"the list" at present:

Anteater
Mr. Anteater
Manic
Mrs. Manic
TurboV8
Mrs. TurboV8
Travis
Travis' mom

mebbe some influx from CCF.. (don't be too hard on 'em... :rofl:)

So: a party of 10 (or more) on Saturday night... What time are we thinkin'?

:GENTS: <Remember how long your spouse "says" it takes to get ready after a day at the track, and add 1 hour.> :rofl::rofl:

Bear in mind, I'm taking Mrs. Manic into account here.

is 8PM too late? ;)

manic

FCYTravis
05-12-08, 01:27 PM
Add "Travis' mom" to the list too :)

Got my passes from UPS last week... nice painting of the 99 car :cool:

Anteater
05-12-08, 07:35 PM
:GENTS: <Remember how long your spouse "says" it takes to get ready after a day at the track, and add 1 hour.> :rofl::rofl:
manic

LOL, it's so true! :D It takes me awhile to repair the ravages of "hat hair" etc. 8:00 pm sounds pretty realistic to me.

manic mechanic
05-15-08, 09:22 PM
"the list" at present:

Anteater
Mr. Anteater
Manic
Mrs. Manic (aka Thunder Rose)
TurboV8
Mrs. TurboV8
Travis
Travis' mom
Problemchild +3