PDA

View Full Version : Long Beach Inner Circle Dinner Announcement

wood-eye
03-27-08, 09:11 PM
INNER CIRCLE GRAND HURRAH
2008 Long Beach Grand Prix Dinner
You are cordially invited to attend the Inner Circle Long Beach Grand Prix Dinner ….come for a “grand hurrah” evening with friends and special guests. It will be an evening not to miss.

Date: Saturday, April 19, 2008
Time: Doors open 6:00PM
Dinner 6:30PM-8:30PM
Price: $20 per person CASH (Tax & Gratuity included)
Pay at the door
Where: GameWorks Long Beach
10 Aquarium Way
Long Beach, CA 90802
562-308-7529

GameWorks is walking distance from anywhere in the track. It is located at the North end of the track in The Pike, between Shoreline Drive and West Seaside Way. When you walk through the front door, go to the left to the “B” room. A quick link to maps and reviews of the restaurant can be found here. http://www.gameworks.com/locations/long_beach.php

Dinner will be a Mexican Fiesta Buffet:

Chips and Roasted salsa
Cheese Enchiladas (Fresh corn tortillas filled with Cheddar and Jack cheeses, diced onions and basted with enchilada sauce) Spanish Rice and Charro beans
Build your own Taco Bar:
Served with Picadillo Beef and Chicken Machaca, with warm flour tortillas, Sour Cream, Guacamole, Cheddar and Jack cheeses, Fresh cilantro and Green onions

Assortment of freshly baked Pastries, Cookies and Brownies

Soda bar

Cash and Carry for alcoholic drinks

Please RSVP no later than Wednesday April 16, 2008

RSVP to: cmontez99@aol.com

Please send in your RSVP ASAP. We have a maximum occupancy of 100 people for this venue, so it is a good bet that we will sell out.

Your name will be on the guest list when you arrive.

PLEASE let us know ASAP if you cannot attend as others will be on a waiting list to attend and we will personally be charged for your dinner regardless.

Local Coordinators: Reggie & Christine Montez and Anaya Yates
Ambassadors: Dave & Linda Wood and Marilyn Sara

ANAYA YATES
03-30-08, 06:01 PM
This will be a great event for those of us who have met thru the years. If you are coming to LB, please RSVP.

ANAYA YATES

wood-eye
04-01-08, 11:36 AM
There are about 10 reservations left for this event....the good news is we lifted the "60" lid and now have 90 reservations in.

wood-eye

Anteater
04-01-08, 12:19 PM
Mr. Anteater and I are among the lucky 100--can't wait to see the Woodses and everyone! :thumbup:

manic mechanic
04-02-08, 12:15 AM
We (manic, traylabasura, brewser, and a "special" guest) are in... :thumbup:

I can hardly wait!!!

manic

P.S. ant: I guess our "attendance records" fall by the wayside with this one..
You had 72 at the first LB dinner, and I had 79 at the Vegas Brunch the same year...
... or should we label this event with an *asterisk* like Maris' 61st home run due to the attendance limit being raised.

I vote for the asterisk!!! :laugh:

wood-eye
04-03-08, 11:48 PM
I think Manic was also counting the 23 "down and outs" who stumbled in from the bar at 8 am looking for a bite to eat...I thought we made it clear that those "fans" (fans of the craps table) could hardly count.

At the "Great Hurrah"..also referred to as "The Last Supper" (Not by me), the rule books are gone....it will be a night to remember. I spent the day at St. Petes today recruiting folks to show up at the dinner (only former CC types)...

A funny thing happened today...ran into Bryan Herta..one of my Laquna Seca CART heros....I said hi and we talked a bit..and as I left, the security fellow nearby gushed that the guy next to Bran had signed his hat....Michael Andretti!......I took a second look and yes...it was Michael with Bryan...I had totally ignored him unconscously....not bad!

See you in LB..

Wood-eye

manic mechanic
04-04-08, 12:12 AM
I think Manic was also counting the 23 "down and outs" who stumbled in from the bar at 8 am looking for a bite to eat...I thought we made it clear that those "fans" (fans of the craps table) could hardly count.

Wow! :eek:
I'm sure Marxsie and his buddies would appreciate being referred to as "fans of the craps table"..

"fans of the crap", maybe... :rofl:

manic

patski
04-04-08, 12:38 PM

At the "Great Hurrah"..also referred to as "The Last Supper" (Not by me), the rule books are gone....it will be a night to remember. I spent the day at St. Petes today recruiting folks to show up at the dinner (only former CC types)...

A funny thing happened today...ran into Bryan Herta..one of my Laquna Seca CART heros....I said hi and we talked a bit..and as I left, the security fellow nearby gushed that the guy next to Bran had signed his hat....Michael Andretti!......I took a second look and yes...it was Michael with Bryan...I had totally ignored him unconscously....not bad!

See you in LB..

Wood-eye

Good move, Wood-eye!