PDA

View Full Version : New SEAR-Reez Name

SurfaceUnits
03-27-08, 03:11 PM
DirecTV set to become major IRL sponsor

Indy Racing League officials plan to announce tomorrow in Miami that a multi-year deal has been signed to make DirectTV the series' presenting sponsor. The series will be renamed IndyCar Series in DirecTV HD, and the California-based satellite television provider is set to launch a major print, TV, billboard and Web advertising campaign touting the open-wheel circuit. Sources say the deal is worth $12 million to $15 million. \

just rolls of the tongue doesn't it
crap is HD is still crap

Sean Malone
03-27-08, 03:18 PM
It will look great on a hat. :D :rolleyes:

pchall
03-27-08, 03:23 PM
Moe? Is that you?

Sources say the deal is worth $12 million to $15 million.

:gomer: cable insiders ought to know...

Insomniac
03-27-08, 03:27 PM
DirecTV set to become major IRL sponsor

Indy Racing League officials plan to announce tomorrow in Miami that a multi-year deal has been signed to make DirectTV the series' presenting sponsor. The series will be renamed IndyCar Series in DirecTV HD, and the California-based satellite television provider is set to launch a major print, TV, billboard and Web advertising campaign touting the open-wheel circuit. Sources say the deal is worth $12 million to $15 million. \

just rolls of the tongue doesn't it
crap is HD is still crap

Well, now I know why DirecTV is hitting me with price increases and creating new tiers from existing channels.

cameraman
03-27-08, 03:28 PM
You get the entire series for less money than it would have cost to sponsor one team a decade ago:shakehead

KLang
03-27-08, 03:33 PM
Glad I'm with Dish Network. :thumbup:

Chiphead_Dave
03-27-08, 04:57 PM
I may have to cancel my directv subscription:yuck:

FCYTravis
03-27-08, 06:36 PM
ABC's live coverage of the IndyCar Series in DirecTV HD?

Could they have picked a more confusing name? Will people start thinking that unless they have DirecTV HD, they can't watch the IndyCar Series races? Why do I get the feeling this will be less than popular among local affiliates which... ta-da, often aren't provided on "DirecTV HD."

Gnam
03-27-08, 07:26 PM
Must be a B2B deal. IRL finally gets a series sponsor in return for delivering DTV satellites into high Earth orbit.

<insert Honda ad showing EARL sled on launch pad>

Corner5
03-27-08, 07:47 PM
According to IBJ, the deal is worth 3 million a year-

The Indy Racing League late yesterday finalized a deal worth $3 million annually over the next few years that will essentially make DirecTV the series’ presenting sponsor. The

also-

Indianapolis-based Just Marketing International, which has had a relationship with DirecTV dating back two-plus years, was instrumental in the deal, sports marketers said.

http://thescore.ibj.com/

They spend much more in nascar.

gerhard911
03-27-08, 08:26 PM
Must be a B2B deal. IRL finally gets a series sponsor in return for delivering DTV satellites into high Earth orbit.

<insert Honda ad showing EARL sled on launch pad>

I seem to recall that was a 'yoda ad, but good analogy, regardless :thumbup:

Spicoli
03-27-08, 10:30 PM
Glad I'm with Dish Network. :thumbup:

FKNA!

http://pixpipeline.com/s/655116d812dc.gif (http://pixpipeline.com/d/655116d812dc.gif)

Mary
03-27-08, 11:38 PM
I'm glad I have cable.

Mary

Cam B.
03-28-08, 05:13 AM
Looks like it is time to give Verizon a call to have FiOS installed.