PDA

View Full Version : The Panic is now Obvious - Negative Press....

fourrunner
05-18-03, 02:12 PM
Bob Jenkins has found it necessary to call an "Meeting" On Air. to Quell the "Lies" about this years Indy 500.

The Indianapolis Pres, as well as the Worldwide Press has been Dwelling on the Negatives of the Indy 500, and not On the Positives!

Well Bob.... Unfortunately when you get what you think is "good" for your series, you also get the Bad, and BAD PRESS can kill you!!

Unless you get a Leader with Smart's like Chris Pook, you don't have a chance to reverse the negative.

Money doesn't always equate with smarts. Intransigience gets you nowhere.

Bob - It's time to start placing the blame on Tony, but that would sacrifice a steady paycheck! Life Sucks

RTKar
05-18-03, 02:56 PM
I heard the same stuff and kind of smirked when he said it but what almost made me choke was his mentioning "Champcar" in regards to Vasser. I don't think I've ever heard him admit CART's existence.

cart7
05-18-03, 03:24 PM
I feel a lot better now after listening to Bob. I was starting to wonder if it really was the greatist spectacle in racing anymore. Now I can sleep again tonight.

nrc
05-18-03, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by fourrunner
The Indianapolis Pres, as well as the Worldwide Press has been Dwelling on the Negatives of the Indy 500, and not On the Positives!

The sad truth is that the Worldwide Press haven't been dwelling on the Indy 500 much at all this year. The last big story (CART teams taking on IRL teams) is now gone and the interest seems to be gone with it.

I'm only surprised at the level of interest here. ;)

Kate
05-18-03, 07:40 PM
The interest here is a divorced man trying to woo back his ex-wife, having forgotten all the reasons they parted to begin with. ;)

The International Motorsport Press never did care about Indianapolis. The Americans and a few British drivers did, once upon a time, but calling that the International Motorsport World is like the little boy who ran inside shouting "A whole big pack of dogs is coming!" and when his mother asked "How many are there?" he admitted, "Our dog and another one."