PDA

View Full Version : Geddy Lee & Alex Lifeson @Foo Fighters gig

KaBoom21
03-26-08, 10:55 PM
Geddy Lee & Alex Lifeson played at the Foo Fighters show in Toronto this past weekend w/ Taylor Hawkins.

First clip shows entire stage and video screens. Dave Grohl's reaction at the end is priceless:
nxlO8ccCUvs

Second one is from stage left (forward to 1:45 mark if you want to skip the drum solo):
T1Ramu397UQ

RusH
03-26-08, 11:12 PM
Excellent, thanx. They are on the 2nd leg of the Snakes & Arrows tour.

tllips
03-27-08, 09:34 AM
The guy who produced Snakes & Arrows has worked with the Foo's in the past. Apparently, that is the connection between the two bands.

I wonder how much of a surprise that really was to Grohl. I imagine he is jamming away on his kit and then somebody "whispers" to him to break into YYZ. He looks up and there are Geddy and Alex w/axes ready to go. :D

Don Quixote
03-27-08, 09:40 AM
nice. :thumbup: :thumbup:

KaBoom21
03-27-08, 06:09 PM
The guy who produced Snakes & Arrows has worked with the Foo's in the past. Apparently, that is the connection between the two bands.

I wonder how much of a surprise that really was to Grohl. I imagine he is jamming away on his kit and then somebody "whispers" to him to break into YYZ. He looks up and there are Geddy and Alex w/axes ready to go. :D
Grohl is a big Rush fan and that was actually Taylor Hawkins on drums. Pictures at the Foo website indicate they practiced it during soundcheck.

G.
03-27-08, 07:53 PM
Was this part of the "Canadian content in entertainment laws" thing?

If Britney Spears does a concert in Toronto, does Celine Dion have to come onstage for a set?

:gomer:

Cool vids. Thanks.

Indy
03-27-08, 09:10 PM
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I may have to go see Snakes and Arrows again now. :saywhat: