PDA

View Full Version : Roushgate? Yodagate?

Accipiter
03-26-08, 07:07 PM
From Jayski (http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#part):

Roush Says Toyota Team Stole "Proprietary Part" UPDATE: ESPN the Magazine has an interesting and potentially explosive quote from Roush Fenway Racing co-owner Jack Roush as part of its 10th Anniversary issue, which is on newsstands this week. Two weeks ago at Atlanta Motor Speedway, the magazine quotes Roush as saying, “We had a proprietary Roush Fenway part go missing from one of my race teams, and we recovered it from a Toyota team. I’m not going to say which team it is, but we are considering legal action, or getting NASCAR involved.”
[snip]

UPDATE 2: Toyota officials on Wednesday identified the Roush Fenway Racing part that owner Jack Roush said was found in a Toyota team's possession during a Sprint Cup post-race teardown as a spring. Jim Aust, the president and chief executive officer of Toyota Racing Development, said once the part was found to belong to RFR that it was returned. He was uncertain how the part, discovered on a table with other Toyota parts, got there or from which team it came. "I don't understand the whole procedure when a teardown happens," said Aust, referring to a post-race process in which several cars are broken down by NASCAR inspectors. "The only thing I know is it wound up with parts we had and [which were] returned to Roush.

Sure you don't know how that part ended up in your car. Puhleeze! :rolleyes:

Chaos
03-26-08, 08:51 PM
who wants to bet that Roush eventually runs Toyotas :D

Sean O'Gorman
03-26-08, 09:23 PM
Ank will move to Ohio, ferrarigod will settle on one D-1 team not in the top 25, and Spicoli will declare himself sober before you see Roush running Toyotas.

EVL29
03-27-08, 02:16 PM
From Jayski (http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#part):

Sure you don't know how that part ended up in your car. Puhleeze! :rolleyes:

It didn't end up in the car,just on a table with a bunch of other parts.

Doesn't mean that Toyota wanks didn't steal it.

pchall
03-27-08, 03:31 PM
I'd love to see the metallurgy reports on that spring. Of course, so would everybody at TRD.

extramundane
03-27-08, 04:54 PM

Larry Curry done stoled it for the 2010 Innycar and framed TRD. You heard it here first. :thumbup:

Accipiter
03-27-08, 05:02 PM

Breakdown is when inspectors disassemble a car to see if the parts are legal or not. So the parts come out of the car and go on the table. Of course you are right that all we know for sure is that it was in the car, so that gives the team in question and Toyota plausible deniability, but... Really. Come on. ;)

Michaelhatesfans
03-27-08, 06:18 PM
nevermind...

dando
03-28-08, 03:00 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?seriesId=2&id=3317510

MARTINSVILLE, Va. -- Jack Roush said on Friday that a Toyota team stole a sway bar made specifically for Roush Fenway Racing from one of his Sprint Cup teams last season at Dover.

"A theft did occur," the co-owner of Roush Fenway said during practice at Martinsville Speedway. "The part was recovered. ... We are still considering what if any legal action to seek."

Oh goodie....pass the popcorn.

-Kevin

Insomniac
03-28-08, 03:20 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?seriesId=2&id=3317510

Oh goodie....pass the popcorn.

-Kevin

I like this part.

Roush said he became aware of the theft in early January when the vendor that produced the product for Roush Fenway was contacted by the Toyota team in question about duplicating the bar.

He said his manager then checked inventory and verified that a bar thought to have been misplaced was missing.

Sean O'Gorman
03-28-08, 03:29 PM
Is this for real? Its not hard to duplicate a sway bar.

G.
03-28-08, 03:30 PM
Is this for real? Its not hard to duplicate a sway bar.This was real hi-tech, with extra wedges built right in!

TKGAngel
03-28-08, 03:36 PM
Hmm. Hard to tell what's the funnier news item coming out of NASCAR these days.

- Roush-Fenway-Yoda-Gate.

- Tony Stewart getting his back waxed for charity.

- Elliot Sadler potentially not being able to drive this weekend because he hurt himself exercising and aggravated the injury playing golf.