PDA

View Full Version : Skilling's going to get off

Ankf00
03-26-08, 05:33 PM
and rightly so.

http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2008/03/26/for-skillings-appeal-how-key-are-the-fastow-notes-govt-says-not-very/?mod=WSJBlog

He'll get to grow old w/ his money. Lay lived his fair share of years in wealth and comfort. Fastow got the sweetheart plea b/c he has kids, boo hoo. And the broadband guys are off the hook now too.

Yay DoJ. Excellent work. Most excellent.

cameraman
03-26-08, 06:27 PM
Meh, dueling cherry-picked quotes from a couple of reams of interview transcripts. They are going to have to go through the entire stack and figure out context & meaning for every stinking sentence. My condolences to the Appeals Court clerk who drew this case number.

chop456
03-27-08, 02:05 AM
I throught this was going to be about another spring snowstorm in Chicago.

oddlycalm
03-27-08, 06:33 AM
Yay DoJ. Excellent work. Most excellent. Hey, they got the diabolical Martha Stewart didn't they? :gomer:

BTW, not only did the traders walk but the cost for electricity in the West never went back down after their little manufactured shortage. FERC and the DoJ haven't done jack about it. They were allowed to keep the gains from a fraud that was completely exposed, testified to in court and is public knowledge. Apply the same logic to street crime and we would arrest carjackers but let them go and let them keep the car as well...:shakehead :laugh:

I can tell you for damn sure that the water going downhill through the BPA dams isn't costing a penny more than it was 8yrs ago, but we're paying double what we were for it. :irked:

oc