PDA

View Full Version : Play Ball 2008!

Pages : [1] 2

dando
03-25-08, 12:04 PM
Damn opening day and no thread started. Opening day sushi style. :saywhat: Insomniac already has his 162-0 countdown started. ;)

GO DODGERS!

EDIT: Cubs reach 100 years of WS futility. :D

-Kevin

Stu
03-25-08, 12:11 PM
i was up at 6am to watch the first few innings. if i could have stayed home i would have watched it all.

f'n manram.

Insomniac
03-25-08, 12:49 PM
Insomniac already has his 162-0 countdown started. ;)

:rofl: (It's actually 173-0, but with Boston's bad karma, more like 169-4.)

Al Czervik
03-25-08, 01:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEAC9NT1CR8

Napoleon
03-27-08, 05:14 AM
Damn opening day and no thread started.

It was? I thought Monday was opening day? At least it is for the Indians.

GO TRIBE!

Andrew Longman
03-27-08, 05:58 AM
I'm really looking forward to the new Yankees. The Steinbrenner boys are now running the show with a whole new brand of zaniness. Girardi has very much imprinted a more serious style. And Chamberline, Hughes and Kennedy will be fun.

Could well be the last year for Pettite, Giambi, Mussina, and Matsui. Some of that is good/bad.

Last year for the stadium, though I'm going to have to work hard to get to a game. 3.8 million tickets already sold. :rolleyes:

dando
03-27-08, 10:37 AM
Last year for the stadium, though I'm going to have to work hard to get to a game. 3.8 million tickets already sold. :rolleyes:

Jeebus. I was thinking about a roadie to NYC to catch a game. I gots relations living in Jamaica Bay.

-Kevin

Napoleon
03-27-08, 02:02 PM
Jeebus. I was thinking about a roadie to NYC to catch a game. I gots relations living in Jamaica Bay.

-Kevin

Me too

Sean O'Gorman
03-27-08, 04:01 PM
Barry Zito sucks :gomer:

dando
03-27-08, 04:06 PM
Barry Zito sucks :gomer:

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=280326294

IP H R ER BB SO HR
SAN FRANCISCO
B Zito (L,0-1) 6 2-3 8 4 3 2 4 0

Fresno. No ****.

-Kevin

devilmaster
03-27-08, 11:02 PM
7xBxZGQ1dJk

http://www.sportsinferno.com/forums/images/smilies/tigers.gif

RHR_Fan
03-27-08, 11:26 PM
:) for baseball

IlliniRacer
03-28-08, 09:36 AM
Headed up to 1060 W. Addison for opening day. :thumbup:

Lunch and pre game festivities at Goose Island Brewery before game. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Sean O'Gorman
03-28-08, 10:05 AM
I'm going to opening day too, except to see a team with actual pennant chances play. ;)

dando
03-28-08, 10:35 AM
I'm going to opening day too, except to see a team with actual pennant chances play. ;)

You really think the ChiSox can win the division? :gomer: :p

-Kevin

Easy
03-28-08, 10:54 AM
If the Cubs get Brian Roberts they're gonna win the... terrible Central Division. Maybe. Just like the Bears were going to walk the NFC North! These are the types of years the Chubs stroke it hard. When expectations are high and the line-up is good on paper they chunk it.

I actually caught myself being slightly deluded by Cubs madness. My gf (not the crazy billionaire) lives about 8 blocks south of Wrigley and is considering moving more downtown this summer. I almost said she should stay where she is in case the sCrUBS go to the Series as its a fantastic location to be walking distance to and from Wrigleyville for the historic occasion. I realized what I was about to say and accepted the truth of another sub 70 win season.

dando
03-28-08, 02:02 PM
TYpwonB7e4c

:) :thumbup:

-Kevin

dando
03-28-08, 02:05 PM
Kmvst227HNw

Let's play two...

-Kevin

dando
03-28-08, 02:12 PM
t12qml7up-o

:D

-Kevin

dando
03-28-08, 02:17 PM
R2RiCYYlkE4

I don't believe what I just saw! I don't believe what I just saw!

-Jack Buck

:thumbup:

And I went to bed early that night. :cry: :saywhat:

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
03-28-08, 03:11 PM

-Kevin

Think Stubhub.com

dando
03-28-08, 03:19 PM
Think Stubhub.com

I know, but $tubhub be 'spensive. :(

-Kevin

dando
03-28-08, 03:56 PM
So the Sox open the season in Japan with two vs. the As and then come back here to play an exhibition series vs. Real LA...one of which will be in the LA Colesium, and is supposed to draw 100K+. :saywhat:

-Kevin

dando
03-31-08, 04:52 PM
I may actually agree with Cork for once. :eek: Barry Zito sucks. :laugh: :D

-Kevin

cameraman
03-31-08, 04:53 PM
one of which will be in the LA Colesium, and is supposed to draw 100K+. :saywhat:

-Kevin

It succeeded.

dando
03-31-08, 05:08 PM
It succeeded.

I wasn't questioning whether it would succeed, just the premise on how the MLB season was opened. Sorry, I'm old school on baseball...I'd rather see pics of Dodger greats on the outfield walls than ads. :( Question is, if they can get 115K in the coliseum for a baseball game, how can the NFL not work in LA? :saywhat: Even Wrigley was desecrated this season with new seats being added just beyond the dugouts. :saywhat:

-Kevin

dando
03-31-08, 06:29 PM
<giggles>
Kerry Wood as Cubbie closer.

Eric Gagne as Brew Crew closer.
</giggles>

:D :laugh:

-Kevin

Insomniac
03-31-08, 10:17 PM
I wasn't questioning whether it would succeed, just the premise on how the MLB season was opened. Sorry, I'm old school on baseball...I'd rather see pics of Dodger greats on the outfield walls than ads. :( Question is, if they can get 115K in the coliseum for a baseball game, how can the NFL not work in LA? :saywhat: Even Wrigley was desecrated this season with new seats being added just beyond the dugouts. :saywhat:

-Kevin

The key there was "a" baseball game. Put 81 of them there (without the Red Sox) and see what happens.

TravelGal
04-01-08, 01:05 AM
GO PADS!

And let's do that again on Thursday when we're there to see it in person. :)

High Sided
04-01-08, 01:32 AM
my cardinals were leading the rockies 5-1 by the 3rd inning before rain washed it all away.
Rockies get a do-over tonight

http://www.myfoxstl.com/myfox/pages/Sports/Detail?contentId=6183806&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=6.1.1

IlliniRacer
04-01-08, 09:04 AM
Long and fun day yesterday.

Left my home outside of St. Louis at 5:30AM
Picked up my friend in Bloomington at 8:00AM
Fought traffic getting into Chicago
Paid $40 for parking :eek:
Free lunch and beer at Goose Island Brewery :thumbup:
Kerry Wood :thumdown:
FUKUDOME!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:
Home at 12:30 AM

Going to be a long day at work today.

TravelGal
04-01-08, 01:24 PM
FUKUDOME!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

Be honest now, did anyone else pronounce it the way I did when I first saw it? Caught sight of the name on a banner in some ESPN highlights and my mind said, huh? What about that dome? :D

Andrew Longman
04-01-08, 01:40 PM
Be honest now, did anyone else pronounce it the way I did when I first saw it? Caught sight of the name on a banner in some ESPN highlights and my mind said, huh? What about that dome? :D

Wasn't there a Japanese driver in NASCAR a few years back named Fukumama? I usually had the same reaction. :D

Back on topic...

Great little story in the Ledger this a.m. about folks who had tickets to yesterday's rained out Yanks opener. Yanks always put an off day after the opener in case it gets rained out. Fans just use their ticket the next day. If they can't make it they can exchange it for another game.

In line yesterday to swap their tickets were a father and 10 year old son from Georgia. They had flown up to see the last home opener in the Stadium. When the reporter asked why they weren't staying fo rthe game tonight, the kid grumbled "Little Mermaid"

Turns out part of the deal in coming up was they would also take little sister and mom to the Broadway play and they had expensive hard to get tickets to tonight's showing.

Poor kid. :shakehead :D

dando
04-01-08, 01:48 PM
Long and fun day yesterday.

Was that you that Mike & Mike showed with the Cubbies logo shaved it his back hair? ;) :eek: :saywhat: I kid you not.

-Kevin

Stu
04-01-08, 04:09 PM
Turns out part of the deal in coming up was they would also take little sister and mom to the Broadway play and they had expensive hard to get tickets to tonight's showing.

Poor kid. :shakehead :D

Sounds like a simple answer.

Scalp the 2 Little Mermaid tickets, Scalp the 2 extra Yankees tickets, Mom and Daughter are happy, Father and Son are happy. I dont see a problem.

Andrew Longman
04-01-08, 05:39 PM
Sounds like a simple answer.

Scalp the 2 Little Mermaid tickets, Scalp the 2 extra Yankees tickets, Mom and Daughter are happy, Father and Son are happy. I dont see a problem.

That doesn't answer the, "You're going with us to Little Mermaid and you're going to like it, just like we liked sitting in the rain with you for two hours" part.

At least no likely good enough to be let back in the house in GA. ;)

coolhand
04-01-08, 05:53 PM
**** ME, I just totally forgot about that Dodge soxs game. I live 10 blocks away too. :confused:

dando
04-09-08, 01:47 PM
Ask Dr. Science on the physics of baseball:

http://www.news.com/8301-13772_3-9914179-52.html?tag=

Tiggers 0fer '08. :eek:

Go Royals! :D

-Kevin

dando
04-09-08, 01:51 PM
Think Stubhub.com

I went to a charity event over the weekend, and Steinbrenner has relations here, so every year they auction off seats for an NYY game (4 seats, game TBD). This year the seats went for almost $3K. :eek: :saywhat: I was thinking I might bid on them in the $1-$1.5K range. :(

-Kevin

dando
04-13-08, 12:33 PM
BoSox jersey dug up from the new NYY park:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3344825

:laugh: :thumbup:

"I hope his co-workers kick the [expletive] out of him," Yankees co-chairperson Hal Steinbrenner said.

Looks like the new regime is gonna be just as entertaining as the old boss. Now if we can just have a new Seinfeld with the new bosses. :D

-Kevin

Insomniac
04-13-08, 05:12 PM
BoSox jersey dug up from the new NYY park:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3344825

:laugh: :thumbup:

Looks like the new regime is gonna be just as entertaining as the old boss. Now if we can just have a new Seinfeld with the new bosses. :D

-Kevin

I knew there was no way they leave that thing in the ground.

Andrew Longman
04-13-08, 07:25 PM
"The first thought was, you know, it's never a good thing to be buried in cement when you're in New York," Levine said. "But then we decided, why reward somebody who had really bad motives and was trying to do a really bad thing?"

That's just too funny.:rofl:

Sorry, but that's why it rocks to be a Yankees fan. No other franchise/rivalry comese close to the drama. :thumbup: :D

trish
04-13-08, 08:07 PM
The Yankees had denied the whole story, and now there's actually a jersey?

dando
04-13-08, 08:25 PM
That's just too funny.:rofl:

I actually think y'all buried Big Papi in there, which is why y'all waited so long to dig him up. :gomer: His replacement is batting .070. :saywhat:

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
04-16-08, 02:34 AM
:laugh:

Barry Zito #75 SP

0-3, 16IP, 23H, 4.50ERA

Gangrel
04-16-08, 10:55 AM
So...what do you guys think of Brooks Robinson...er....Joe Crede this year? :D

Two slams in a week, and playing third like a madman! SOOOOOOO glad they decided to put Josh Fields on the back burner for another year.....

Dr. Corkski
04-16-08, 11:35 AM
WGAF

Eagle104
04-16-08, 12:44 PM
So...what do you guys think of Brooks Robinson...er....Joe Crede this year? :D

Two slams in a week, and playing third like a madman! SOOOOOOO glad they decided to put Josh Fields on the back burner for another year.....

:thumbup:

...Pierzynski at .421 today, Jim Thome serving a suspension yesterday; the whole thing is upside-down, and I like it!!

Go Sox!

Gangrel
04-16-08, 01:15 PM
WGAF

Apparently not you....now THERE's a shocker... :rolleyes:

Gangrel
04-16-08, 01:17 PM

High Sided
04-16-08, 01:57 PM
Ask Dr. Science on the physics of baseball:

-Kevin

speaking of physics of baseball, i just saw a great old flick on hbo a few days back "it happens every spring". great baseball movie staring the st. louis???? :tony:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_Happens_Every_Spring

IlliniRacer
04-16-08, 11:14 PM
ATTENTION ALL NL BALL CLUBS!!!

Derek Lee is on fire and WILL destroy you.

Tim
04-17-08, 12:52 AM
The Brewers would be lucky to beat a beer league softball team right now.

dando
04-17-08, 10:58 AM
The Tribe is in fine form....CC is pitching himself out of a phat FA contract with a 18.50 ERA to start the season, Carmona isn't much better, and JoBo was on his way to a triple-digit ERA before he ended up on the DL. :saywhat: Watching NYY/BoSox play teeball last night was fun. :thumbup:

-Kevin

dando
04-17-08, 10:59 AM

100 years and counting.... :gomer: :p

-Kevin

Stu
04-18-08, 04:29 PM
The Tribe is in fine form....CC is pitching himself out of a phat FA contract with a 18.50 ERA to start the season, Carmona isn't much better, and JoBo was on his way to a triple-digit ERA before he ended up on the DL. :saywhat: Watching NYY/BoSox play teeball last night was fun. :thumbup:

-Kevin

what were you saying about Fausto?

Stu
04-18-08, 04:31 PM

attention all NL ball clubs!!!!!!

you are mediocre.

dando
04-18-08, 08:35 PM
what were you saying about Fausto?

Yeah, let's give him the Cy Young for beating the Tiggers, who have been shutout 4 times this season. Clearly a breakthrough. :gomer: Clearly he's better than CC @ this point. Think y'all can win the central w/CC pitching like he is? Not me.

-Kevin

Sean O'Gorman
04-18-08, 11:38 PM
Hey, the only team in the Central that the Indians struggle with is KC, so, uh, maybe? :confused:

Stu
04-24-08, 07:27 AM
Yeah, let's give him the Cy Young for beating the Tiggers, who have been shutout 4 times this season. Clearly a breakthrough. :gomer: Clearly he's better than CC @ this point. Think y'all can win the central w/CC pitching like he is? Not me.

-Kevin

Well CC looks to have righted the ship, although it will take more than 1 start to verify that.

And Fausto was better than CC last year anyway.

chop456
04-28-08, 02:11 AM
When the Giants spent $126 million on Barry Zito, they touted his ability to take the ball every fifth day.
But now, barely more than one season into a seven-year deal, they aren't sure they want to keep giving it to him.

After another erratic and utterly hittable start in a 10-1 loss to the Cincinnati Reds on Sunday, Giants Manager Bruce Bochy all but declared he would skip Zito or demote him to the bullpen.

"We've got to do something," said Bochy, after Zito allowed a six-run first inning. "We can't keep doing what we're doing and getting what we're getting."

Here is what the Giants have received from their opening day starter: an 0-6 record in six starts, a 7.81 ERA, a growing soundtrack of boos at home and no sign of a break in the clouds.
LINK (http://www.mercurynews.com/sportsheadlines/ci_9076423)

I wish he was still in Oakland. :p

Stu
04-28-08, 08:51 AM
isnt that expected production from a Giants player?

dando
04-29-08, 11:36 AM
Zito to the pen. :laugh:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3372794

Zito, who only 16 months ago signed a $126 million, seven-year contract with the Giants to lead their rotation, was informed of the move in a meeting with manager Bruce Bochy.

:eek:

-Kevin

dando
04-29-08, 11:41 AM
Well CC looks to have righted the ship, although it will take more than 1 start to verify that.

And Fausto was better than CC last year anyway.

CC wakes up, but the O has hit the snooze button. What looked like a sweep turns into a split. I fully expect the central to be a three-team dogfight through the summer.

Someone break up the Rays. 6 straight, 1st in the East. :eek:

Dodgers 6 1/2 back already. :irked: :shakehead

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
04-29-08, 11:46 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/485/story/595538.html

Matt Morris done.

The decision to cut him will cost the Pirates more than $10 million, besides what they already have paid him this season. Morris is making $9.5 million, or about one-fifth of the Pirates' payroll, and has a $1 million buyout for 2009

As for Zito, I'm just glad I don't have to worry about him becoming a Yankee. I never disliked Zito, he just rarely pitched well against the Yankees and came with a high sticker price.

Easy
04-29-08, 02:41 PM
If the Cubs get Brian Roberts they're gonna win the... terrible Central Division. Maybe. Just like the Bears were going to walk the NFC North! These are the types of years the Chubs stroke it hard. When expectations are high and the line-up is good on paper they chunk it.

I actually caught myself being slightly deluded by Cubs madness. My gf (not the crazy billionaire) lives about 8 blocks south of Wrigley and is considering moving more downtown this summer. I almost said she should stay where she is in case the sCrUBS go to the Series as its a fantastic location to be walking distance to and from Wrigleyville for the historic occasion. I realized what I was about to say and accepted the truth of another sub 70 win season.

Despite the fast start, I will stand by my 70>wins prediction until they actually break the mark and get a few more.

Dr. Corkski
05-05-08, 12:12 PM
:rofl: :rofl:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3382020

Right now everyone in Chicago is making lineups -- 'Call up this guy, call up that guy.' ... If we had 50 people allowed on the roster, we could do that. That's what ticks me off about Chicago fans and Chicago media: They forget pretty quickly. A couple of days ago we were the [bleeping] best [stuff] in town. Now we're [bleep]

We won it a couple years ago, and we're horse[bleep]. The Cubs haven't won in [100] years, and they're the [bleeping] best. [Bleep] it, we're good. [Bleep] everybody. We're horse[bleep], and we're going to be horse[bleep] the rest of our lives, no matter how many World Series we win.

We are the [bleep] of Chicago. We're the Chicago [bleep]. We have the worst owner [Jerry Reinsdorf]. The guy's got seven [bleeping] rings, and he's the [bleeping] horse[bleep] owner.

How about the Cubs celebrating that Lee Elia bull[bleep]? How many times do I curse people out? I will make a lot of money with my [stuff]. I have to keep going because in the future Ozzie will need money, and I can say, 'Here, give me money, here's the 10-year anniversary of my time I called [Jay] Mariotti stuff and the time I went on the radio and cursed out Mike North'

:laugh: :laugh:

chop456
05-05-08, 12:32 PM
He's no Dusty Baker.

Andrew Longman
05-05-08, 12:47 PM
You think Ozzie might have a few anger management issues?

dando
05-05-08, 01:14 PM
You think Ozzie might have a few anger management issues?

No bleep. :gomer: :D

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
05-05-08, 01:46 PM
You think Ozzie might have a few anger management issues?He has a few baseball management issues too.

Sean O'Gorman
05-05-08, 02:59 PM
He has a World Series ring too. Where's yours?

Ozzie is awesome. Its a shame he has to be on the White Sox, and not the Indians.

dando
05-06-08, 02:36 PM
Slumpbuster:

http://www.suntimes.com/news/933417,CST-NWS-soxdolls06.article

If anyone was offended by the White Sox having a pair of inflatable dolls surrounded by bats and a sign encouraging players to "push" in their clubhouse before Sunday's game in Toronto, don't expect an apology from manager Ozzie Guillen.

"I'm sure it wasn't done to disrespect anyone," Guillen said Monday. "Everyone in the clubhouse, 100 percent of the people in the clubhouse, they are 18 years old and that's a private thing. If the players do it in the dugout so everyone in the public could see it, or did it in the hotel lobby . . . we did it in the clubhouse. A lot of worse things happen in the clubhouse. I don't really know why people are making it a big deal. If people got their feelings hurt because of that . . . they don't really know much about baseball."

Sound like Major League redux. :D

Better than this version of a slumpbuster:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=slumpbuster

:eek: :yuck:

-Kevin

Ankf00
05-06-08, 04:25 PM
Jenni Carlson, writer for the Oklahoman, surfaces again :rofl:

One group not amused by the prank was the Association for Women in Sports Media, whose members work toward ensuring a non-threatening work environment for all women in sports media.

"The presence of those dolls creates an uncomfortable situation for any female journalist who enters the White Sox locker room simply trying to do her job," said Jenni Carlson, the group's president, in an e-mail.

ozzie's 40, he's a man. but dunno why Jenni's worried about the lockerroom atmosphere, it's not like she ever actually attends the event she's gossipin... i mean, reporting on

Sean O'Gorman
05-06-08, 06:45 PM
Oh man I hope this inspires a better blowup than Mike Gundy.

Napoleon
05-13-08, 08:16 AM
Well I got to see an unassisted triple play at the Indian's game last night. How many of you can say you have ever seen that!

Sean O'Gorman
05-13-08, 08:50 AM
I flipped the channel right before that happened. :(

Napoleon
05-13-08, 09:41 AM
I flipped the channel right before that happened. :(

The guy he tagged, which was the last out, was so stunned he just was standing there. He really didn't even try to make a break back to 1st, not that it would have done any good, it still would have been a triple play just not an unassisted triple play.

dando
05-13-08, 10:48 AM
The guy he tagged, which was the last out, was so stunned he just was standing there. He really didn't even try to make a break back to 1st, not that it would have done any good, it still would have been a triple play just not an unassisted triple play.

And he tossed the ball into the stands afterward? :eek:

-Kevin

Napoleon
05-13-08, 02:13 PM
And he tossed the ball into the stands afterward? :eek:

-Kevin

When I saw that I thought he is really going to be sorry for that.

On the radio play by play (yeah I take a radio and listen to it at the park) the one announcer mentioned that someone else who had an unassisted triple play, and there have ever been 14 in MLB history, just happened to be in the stands scouting for some NL team (I think the Cards) for upcoming interleague play.

dando
05-13-08, 03:39 PM
On the radio play by play (yeah I take a radio and listen to it at the park) the one announcer mentioned that someone else who had an unassisted triple play, and there have ever been 14 in MLB history, just happened to be in the stands scouting for some NL team (I think the Cards) for upcoming interleague play.

Yeah, it was Ron Hansen from the Phillies, who pulled one off against the Tribe in '68. What a coincidence. I don't have the stats handy, but IIRC, the unassisted triple play is the rarest achievement in baseball.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3393381

-Kevin

IlliniRacer
05-19-08, 10:55 PM
How 'bout that new centerfielder for the Cubbies!!! :eek::eek::D

dando
05-20-08, 10:05 AM
:thumbup: Lester on the no hitter after beating the C. :cool:

-Kevin

dando
05-21-08, 01:15 AM
Yankees suck! Yankees suck! :p

NYY, Tiggers & Pads in last....Marlins, Rays, Cubbies :eek: in or near first. Wow.

-Kevin

chop456
05-23-08, 02:17 AM
http://frankthetank.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/ozzie-guillen-choke.jpg

dando
06-01-08, 07:08 PM
Uh oh....look out for the Cubbies. First time with the best record in baseball on June 1st since....*gasp*....1908. So mebbe they can win one in 1908, 2008 and 2108. :gomer: ;)

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=280601116

Meanwhile the Tribe is scuffling along mightly, the Rays are in 1st in the AL East, and Chipper is still hitting > .400. :eek: Personally, I think the Redz and Jay Bruce are gonna have something to say in the NL Central. Just a hunch...

-Kevin

Ankf00
07-09-08, 03:25 PM
Longman, how much are tickets going for? Aug 30th weekend has the Jays in town, f***sox on thurs...

dando
07-31-08, 05:10 PM
Manny is a Dodger. :cry: :cry: :cry: :saywhat: :irked:

-Kevin

dando
07-31-08, 05:14 PM
Longman, how much are tickets going for? Aug 30th weekend has the Jays in town, f***sox on thurs...

Check Stub Hub, f00. Bleacher seats were available for <$100. I was looking for tix several week back for the last weekend series vs. the O's, and decent outfield bleacher seats were ~$50. Seats along the lines in the OF were >$100, tho. Unfortunately I have an idiot friend who is responsible for getting the tix, and he's still working on it. Flights booked? Check. Hotel reservations made? Check. BoSox tix bought? Check. NYY tix bought? Negative. :mad: :saywhat:

-Kevin

Insomniac
07-31-08, 08:51 PM
And the Red Sox finally gave up on him. They pay him to leave, lose 2 prospects and get a guy who isn't on par with Manny. They won't even make the playoffs. Tampa and the MFY from the AL East. :flame:

Ankf00
07-31-08, 09:36 PM
Check Stub Hub, f00. Bleacher seats were available for <$100. I was looking for tix several week back for the last weekend series vs. the O's, and decent outfield bleacher seats were ~$50. Seats along the lines in the OF were >$100, tho. Unfortunately I have an idiot friend who is responsible for getting the tix, and he's still working on it. Flights booked? Check. Hotel reservations made? Check. BoSox tix bought? Check. NYY tix bought? Negative. :mad: :saywhat:

-Kevin

stubhub's for suckers :gomer:

you should head out for labor day, i owe you some tickets anyway

dando
08-01-08, 03:59 PM
stubhub's for suckers :gomer:

you should head out for labor day, i owe you some tickets anyway

I wish. I'm headed to Hilton Head Labor Day week to visit Mom. Trip to NYC is 9/19-9/23. I used SH for this trip since I don't have any baseball fan connections in the area, and NJtard didn't offer me tix. ;) :p Plus, it's a gauge for the market @ least. With their renewed push for the playoffs, I suspect the $$$ will go up (which means I'm screwed with my Hoosier buddy). :(

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
08-01-08, 07:31 PM
Sorry guys, for the last 10 years I've needed to be pretty opportunistic re Y tx. Hard fo come by, this year worse than most.

But bleacher tickets are usually available for walk up early, except for the Sox or other key games. Bleachers are $12-14. Dando your big problem is the Yanks are in TO and Bal while you are in town. :p

dando
09-18-08, 11:27 AM
Daddy goes to Yankee Stadium tomorrow and Fenway on Monday. :thumbup: :cool:

Caught a story about Steve Goodman this AM on Today. He wrote this before he died of Luekemia back in '84 and the Cubbies just started playing it recently after a Cubbies W:

DrlLmTh32KI

He also did this Classic back in '83:

7xBxZGQ1dJk

Almost makes me sad that the Dodgers are gonna take out the Cubbies and go to the WS. ;)

-Kevin

dando
09-18-08, 11:31 AM
Dando your big problem is the Yanks are in TO and Bal while you are in town. :p

Dude.

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=nyy

Last weekend for Yankee Stadium, yo. I'll grab a seat for ya. :gomer: ;)

-Kevin

RHR_Fan
09-18-08, 09:26 PM
Brewers...Brewers...Brewers :cry:

I almost started crying when the ****ing Cubs tied it in the 9th with two ****ING outs.

IlliniRacer
09-18-08, 11:18 PM
Brewers...Brewers...Brewers :cry:

I almost started crying when the ****ing Cubs tied it in the 9th with two ****ING outs.

I've said it many many times - Ned Yost made Dusty Baker look like a managerial genius. If Sveum had this team all year, I think they would be ahead of my Cubs.

RHR_Fan
09-19-08, 10:28 PM
I just don't know what to say anymore. The first few innings were painful - hell the whole game was - but with less than 10 games left I have to enjoy what baseball I have left.

Methanolandbrats
09-19-08, 10:37 PM
I just don't know what to say anymore. The first few innings were painful - hell the whole game was - but with less than 10 games left I have to enjoy what baseball I have left. Enjoy? :saywhat:What will you do for fun when the season is over, smash your thumb with a hammer every evening :D

RHR_Fan
09-19-08, 11:04 PM
Enjoy? :saywhat:What will you do for fun when the season is over, smash your thumb with a hammer every evening :D

There's Badger football and basketball. By the time March Madness comes around we have spring training for baseball. :) With no Champ Car I've channeled all of my "sports emotion" to baseball.

~Nicole