PDA

View Full Version : computer help, networking

Ankf00
03-23-08, 11:53 PM
So I set up the whole windows network ******** on my computer and a couple of others. the problem is I can access the other computers and copy their files no problem from, but from those computers I can only access some of the sub-folders in the folder I set to share. the folder's set w/ write privileges enabled as well.

but i still get "cannot access, maybe you have no permission, access denied" error for 90% of the subfolders

wtf? :confused:

SteveH
03-24-08, 12:10 AM
maybe you have no permission :gomer:

Insomniac
03-24-08, 08:47 AM
Try re-doing the shares. Check the owners of the folder and sharing privileges. Maybe it does not include all the users or "Everybody". What version of Windows?

racermike
03-24-08, 01:57 PM
Download the program "Network Magic" and install. You have a 30 day trial on it, but you are going to uninstall it as soon as you get your network working.

It helps, and maps out a Network topology for whatever you want to do, and is very user friendly.

IT does all the difficult steps for you.

Best part, when everything is working, just uninstall it and you dont deal with it anymore (your network shares and stuff will still exist). The program just helps facilitate the deal.